HELP! How to make a Hexxit server?

Technikk

Hey, I just wanted to know how to make a hexxit server for my friend and I. I would prefer to know how to set it up with hamachi, but other ways are good to.

Please tell me how, I looked for videos and such, but there is nothing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I run the launch.bat, It goes into generated world, but when I click on any of the items in TMI, it says, No such object with ID blah blah blah... What did I do wrong. Technically, None of the items exist in the game, by what it says. :(

Launch.bat should work fine unless you've messed with it. From what you're describing, it sounds like you're running minecraft_server.jar instead of Hexxit.jar to start your server. However, the launch.bat we ship with Hexxit is set up to run the correct jar. Please get me a copy of your ForgeModLoader-Server-0.log file.

EDIT:

I'm on a Mac and i use world edit for launch.bat. Right now it says:

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

pause

Yes that looks fine.

Wow. I found it and it was empty. I just used Hexxit.jar and I went to check. It works fine now. I'm such a newb. XD it is people like you that make my life better Sir. Thank You! Also. It says that it's out of memory. Do you know what I can do to run it on more ram?

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui runs the server with 2G allocated and allows up to 3G. Hexxit should be servable to one player with 1G and to a small group with the default 2-3. If you need more, just modify the -Xmx3G -Xms2G flags. If your machine doesn't have 3G you'll probably want to REDUCE those numbers to something that's actually available.

Despite trying to set up a server, I am getting nothing via the launch.bat

I have not changed anything within it, and while running it, I get the: "Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Could not create the Java virtual machine." error.

I have recently set up a Bukkit server, so I have some experience setting this sort of thing up.

However, nothing I do is allowing me to run a server.

(I did, however, just run the Hexxit.jar without using the batch, and I managed to connect to the server that way, but I had a TON of framerate lag.)

ANY help here would be fantastic, as my friends and I have been looking forward to this.

I have not changed anything within it, and while running it, I get the: "Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Could not create the Java virtual machine." error.

This means that you don't have 3 Gb available, which is how much the launch.bat script requests. You should edit the script to request less, but if you're that hard-up for memory, no guarantees it will run well.

This means that you don't have 3 Gb available, which is how much the launch.bat script requests. You should edit the script to request less, but if you're that hard-up for memory, no guarantees it will run well.

Yeah, I figured that out. Despite thinking I installed 64 bit Java, it actually didn't. So I uninstalled and allocated the proper memory.

I'm on a Mac and i use world edit for launch.bat. Right now it says:

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

pause

If you are on a Mac, use launch.sh instead. You'll need to open Terminal, change directory to the folder you extracted, then type

./launch.sh

hey im using a server through redstonehost.com at server IP:176.31.22.205 and im using mcmyadmin to control it and filezilla to edit the directory, I have downloaded the hexxit pack and extracted it all into a separate folder, ive opened the config file and added in my server ip but have no idea what im doing next any help greatly appreciated.