HELP! How to make a Hexxit server?

Technikk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when I try to run this error seems to keep me from running the server, the log says this : Forge Mod Loader version missing.missing.missing.missing for Minecraft missing loading

Also my ForgeModLoader-server-0.log.lck is empty. Please help I've been trying everything.

-Thanks

The problem I see with mine is the launch.bat, or forgemodloader, is plain stopping at "Unloading Dimension 3." I have 64Gb's of RAM so I shouldn't be having space issues, although when I started the bat I did get several mod confliction notifications. I decided to open up a server because my singleplayer LAN world that Myself and two other friends have been using to play together on over Hamachi can no longer pass "Loading World." Any suggestions as to fixing this? Thanks.

When I run the launch.bat it starts to download a bunch of stuff, which I'm guessing are the mods, but about half of them say that they were failed to be downloaded. It's saying "[Forge Mod Loader]There were errors during the initial FML setup. Some files failed to download or were otherwise corrupted." and "[Forge Mod Loader]A download error has occurred". From what I'm reading in the diagnostic review is that it's basically failing to download all of the mods/things required for the server, it also says "Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out". So yeah any help would be appreciated, I just want to set up the server for me and a couple friends.

Not being blocked by a firewall? If you have Norton anti virus I suggest you "burn it with fire!!" Lol

If you've placed the mods, configs, coremods into a folder with the rest of the items, and run launch.bat (windows) then it should run and download the rest of the files needed. It might be that the place forge hosts its files is down, but personally I think that's perhaps a firewall issue.

Let us know how you get on :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello i have started a server but when i run the server from the launch.bat i get this error.

"C:\Users\user\Desktop\Servers\Hexxit>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

C:\Users\user\Desktop\Servers\Hexxit>pause

Press any key to continue . . ."

my launch.bat thing is

"java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

pause"

can anyone help me?

I've been using:

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Xincgc -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

-Xincgc: is an incremental garbage collection method, hopefully giving a more stable frame rate for combat

-...PermSize...: storage space for the many bulky mods (many bulky classes?)

I think the default MaxPermSize is just 64M for a server, 32M for a client. No idea how you control if it's client or server.

• 2 weeks later...

When i run my server i get

C:UsersUserDesktopHexxit_Server_v1.0.5 (2)>java -Xmx2G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

C:UsersUserDesktopHexxit_Server_v1.0.5 (2)>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

What does it mean?

If you have 32 bit java you can only allocate 1GB of RAM.

I got it to run now but when I go to check my port at canyouseeme.org it says it could not see your service on (my ip) on port (25565)

Reason: Connection timed out

Is my server up and online, are my firewalls blocking the server or did I not forward the port right.

I have a problem, my launch.bat says "java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

pause" but when i run it, it says

'java' is not recoginized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

press any key to continue

'java' is not recoginized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

guessing you need to set your path variable so that your system can find your Java install.

http://java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i got mine fixed by making sure java was up to date. i needed to install java 64 bit then update it

• 1 month later...

I'm stuck with the server file open in WinRAR - how do I open and edit the server.properties and launch.bat files?

Also, when I try to run the launch.bat I get the error message:

C:\Users\Alex\Downloads>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

Error: Unable to access jarfile Hexxit.jar

C:\Users\Alex\Downloads>pause

Press any key to continue...

Have you extracted all the files? Once extracted, running launch.bat *should* do the trick and it will create the necessary server.properties file (if it's not already part of the extracted set). Then you can edit them appropriately.

Just to be certain, are you on a Mac or PC?