What?

dwwojcik

Trying Hexxit......

1. Diamond ore at Y=70. Is this intended? Was something mixed up with Big Dig or something? XD

2. GHOSTS! Are there supposed to be underground villages? I have no clue what this is.

2013-06-21_15.25.00.png

2013-06-21_15.25.22.png

I'm gonna go explore some more now..... what crazy stuff from new mods have you guys found?

Edit: Aparently they are hostile. X(

Trying Hexxit......

1. Diamond ore at Y=70. Is this intended? Was something mixed up with Big Dig or something? XD

2. GHOSTS! Are there supposed to be underground villages? I have no clue what this is.

I'm gonna go explore some more now..... what crazy stuff from new mods have you guys found?

Edit: Aparently they are hostile. X(

Wow, I haven't seen these before! Rule of thumb: green pawprint next to their portrait means friend, red pawprint means foe. Watch out for ghosts!

Also, I should specify that TConstruct ores are still down below if you're interested in making a smeltery ,but for most the surface has all the ores you need. Stop mining and get exploring!

I found diamonds out in the open. I got like 30 in the first 10 minutes. >.>

Diamonds seem to be less useful for when it comes to things like armor and weapons. The variety of new armors added in Hexxit come with some pretty cool perks (you'll need a lot of diamonds for parts to make the special Hexxit specific armors) and TConstruct makes better weapons from metals (though diamonds will modify a weapon to have extra durability.. nether quartz is where it is at for extra damage. :P)

Wow, I haven't seen these before! Rule of thumb: green pawprint next to their portrait means friend, red pawprint means foe. Watch out for ghosts!

Also, I should specify that TConstruct ores are still down below if you're interested in making a smeltery ,but for most the surface has all the ores you need. Stop mining and get exploring!

Ok, cool, good tip.

I would do more exploring if I wasn't so underequipped to take on the hoards of mobs in the crazy structures! Personally I'd want to obtain a diamond sword and a suit of iron armor before I took on any major dungeons.

Dww, you're going to need more than a diamond sword and a suit of iron armor if you want to explore some of the dungeons available to you! XD

You're going to want potions of regeneration, strength, and a suit of fully enchanted DIAMOND armor if you want to survive for long, trust me, I know. =/

A good suit of diamond will get you at least most of the way up a battle tower too, which aren't that bad except the golem. Just make sure you keep an eye out for rare mobs, bring a shield, and have a backup weapon to deal with "Sticky" mobs.

Rule #1 is avoid hitting it until the room is clear and it's just you and him. Rule #2 is have a shield or a extra weapon to block when you're out. #3 is that unless the mob is a zombie who isn't holding anything (in which case there's a chance he'll actually pick up your weapon permanently), the weapon will eventually drop on the floor and you can get it again. A sticky/regen rare might well be undefeatable and a sticky/bastion will take forever, but if you've got a good shield and some good moves you should be able to wear him down over time just by clearing the room so it's just you and him, weapon switching to speed up the fight, and staying safe until your weapons redrop. Part of why it's important to clear the room, btw, is that any zombie with empty hands that walks over your redropped weapons could pick them up permanently unti you kill them.

Sticky mobs? Oh boy.

I've played some more, and have come across a few things. Brown bears are cool. Ice caves are cool. Chocobos sound cool. Tinkers construct is really cool. The giant ancient cobble statue complete with 30 block tall cobblestone staff is very cool.

I want the iron and lapis blocks that top the staff, but I'm scared he statue is going to spawn a hoard of zombies or reanimate into a giant or something.... I'm paranoid now.

I must say Hexxit isn't really my cup of tea, I prefer Tekkit or maybe StarMade, but so far I've been having a lot of fun.

A good suit of diamond will get you at least most of the way up a battle tower too, which aren't that bad except the golem. Just make sure you keep an eye out for rare mobs, bring a shield, and have a backup weapon to deal with "Sticky" mobs.

I find having one of my armors enchanted with magnetism better, this allows for return of your lost items items. (don't forget soul tether enchant for when you die)

Just another hint to deal with the difficulty:

Once you can fight through low level dungeons, make sure you pick up any enchanted things you find. The enchanting enhancements make it so you can leech enchantment levels off of things, to regain XP. Then you can use that XP to make yourself some really tough armor.

you could always make a piece of meteor armor and get infinite xp xD

I know, and that irritates me. I don't use it, but I don't like that it's there.

Also, if you find enchanted things with enchantments that are normally mutually exclusive, you can't disenchant them. So those pants with Protection IV, Projecitle Protection IV, and Fire Protection IV can't be leeched.

Jay, you can still disenchant the item and gain levels back. You just use them at an enchantment table and when the item is fully repaired, you drag the slider down to 0 for all the enchants it has. I gained about 60 levels doing that from when I went dungeoning.

Xp leeching? Meteor armor? O_O

Meteor armors let you right click to enchant, which creates an XP loop. AlexDGr8r has been notified and hopefully we'll have a fix sometime soon!

I have been hearing random explosions. (Not TNT) What is it?

Could be all kinds of stuff, might be meteors? If you're hearing them THAT frequently that'd be kind of surprising.

Also, where is Rei's Minimap? I like that one better.

I like mapwriter! I wouldn't use it for every pack- you can certainly sub in Rei's on your own, but mapwriter is A-OK by me.

Jay, you can still disenchant the item and gain levels back. You just use them at an enchantment table and when the item is fully repaired, you drag the slider down to 0 for all the enchants it has. I gained about 60 levels doing that from when I went dungeoning.

Are you sure? I can't move the enchantment slider if two of the enchantments are supposed to be mutually exclusive.

I like mapwriter! I wouldn't use it for every pack- you can certainly sub in Rei's on your own, but mapwriter is A-OK by me.

Ok.... I guess my problem is that I don't get it. Can it do waypoints? I'll look it up.

Edit: No, it can't, but still very very cool! I had no idea you could zoom out and see everywhere you have been... I think it suits the pack very well actually. It just didn't seem as polished as Rei's. Also: In-game CartographerG! Awesome!