Suggestions/Thoughts

Sleaker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I know there are permissions issues for these, I'd love to see a magic mod like Ars Magica, and a village mod like Millenaire added. Ars Magica adds new weapons, loot and structures to explore. While Millenaire adds a way a sell the excess stuff that a normal village doesn't take. It makes the world feel more alive without you needing to invest a ton a of time into it like 'Minecraft Comes Alive!' would need.

I added both manually, And the area I am in has 3 Millenaire villages, and 1 regular village arranged in a circle around a giant redwood tree that I'm using as a base with ladders going up to several floors with different layouts. It's very zelda-like. Which is my main criteria for whether stuff fits or not.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

id recommend a better storage mod sorta like applied energistics so that way you can store all your stuff in one spot and then pull it out when you need it because right now i have to search through tons of chests to find what i need in order to adventure and dropping off loot is a pain in the arse i know they have the crates but you dont get the search feature like AE gives plus they are random also i think DartCraft would be kinda cool since it adds the loot bags to mob drops

Edit: sorry if these are like bad to suggest im new here

id recommend a better storage mod sorta like applied energistics so that way you can store all your stuff in one spot and then pull it out when you need it because right now i have to search through tons of chests to find what i need in order to adventure and dropping off loot is a pain in the arse i know they have the crates but you dont get the search feature like AE gives plus they are random also i think DartCraft would be kinda cool since it adds the loot bags to mob drops

Edit: sorry if these are like bad to suggest im new here

AE reeeeeeeeaally doesn't belong in this modpack. Have you even PLAYED Hexxit?

Stack making chests (try SMC#1, then #2, etc.) & Stack only chests with wooden labels (ex: oak label). When you have many of one type move them to Storage Crates and stick a Cedar Label on it.

Common storage crates: cedar wood, cedar saplings, fir wood, fir saplings, cobblestone, dirt

Divide storage (IN/OUT chests): Farming, Ranching, Smelting, Enchanting, Misc (& unknown)

Work area storage: including crates of cedar, fir, cobble and other ubiquitous crafting materials nearby; IN/OUT chest(s) with only one or two stacks of common crafting materials and products

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I like to build just as much as adventure - basically I'd like to see more content to mess around with! Exploring is fun, looting is fun, but eventually you have enough loot and the interest is more centered around building and creating your own stuff.

Some more worlds are always welcome if you ask me, though. I'd LOVE to see more things to explore. Perhaps Mystcraft would be a really cool thing to add for small servers? Either way, Hexxit has a CRAZY amount of diversity any stuff in it, but alas... I want more!

Here are my thoughts on Hexxit after playing alone in my own server for a while:

There might be too many structures, dungeons and towers spawning by default - particularly, the battle towers and the nether cities. The nether fortress felt more valuable on the other hand for its rarity even though it didn't offer as much goodies as nether cities in comparison.

Once I got to min-max my Tinker's Construct weapons and have an enchanted complete set of armor from Hexxit Gear, the Twilight Forest boss fights turned out to be underwhelming. The Lich stood no chance to a Life-Stealing Rapier as I broke its shield in one hit, which is then followed with me tanking hits and spamming rapier attacks. The Ur-Ghast was all too shy to shoot at me behind cover and was no match to 30~40 damage Quartz-enhanced Steel-head arrows. I'm fine with one-shotting creepers (with a cleaver or those arrows) as I built my gear to that effect, but the Twilight Forest bosses barely has anything better than the common mob or to the Better Dungeon bosses especially. I suggest bosses (end-game bosses?) have more HP in general and perhaps have mechanisms to prevent certain easy strategies/tactics.

The Infernal Mobs can be too strong, as most of them spawn with modifiers that act like thorns and give their attackers debuffs. Some of them are relatively unkillable (e.g. ninja + vengeance + poison). However, they sometimes give out drops that may be too good. They however become irrelevant in the end-game when you can one-shot normal mobs.

Enchantment Plus makes anvils and enchanted books obsolete. They might also devalue chest rewards as it isn't too hard to gain levels and add on top of previous enchantments. I want to be able to repair my armor like I would with tools by Tinker's Construct, but being able to do those quick repairs, especially with end-game armor, with just a few levels is too cheap. I would like to keep the options as it is, but somehow make it more difficult to achieve the functionality that Enchantment Plus offers - maybe make an enchantment table upgrade that uses blocks of diamonds to craft it or it makes use of blocks of diamonds underneath it to power itself up like beacons.

The quick and easy resources are great to be able to start adventuring early. However, they can quickly make chest rewards lose value especially after getting the best tools, weapons and modifications from Tinker's Construct, which could allow me to get the best things with just resource-gathering. Steel in particular is just too cheap for the strength it has, and Quartz is plentiful and easy to gather in the nether.

The Hookshoot and its variants aren't perfect, but they can allow me to go up some towers a little too easily. They can even let me skip to the boss fights with some towers by crawling up the walls. Their cost and rarity don't mean much when the diamonds they are made out of are quite easy to find.

I still have other mods to try out!

I'll probably start over a new world after adjusting some mod variables myself to get a better experience.