Repairing Hexxit Armor?

Punisher

So I've gotten around to making myself a full thief set to take on this difficult world, but ran into an issue. I already had the shoes, and they're fairly close to breaking. Can I repair this armor? If so, then with what?

Yeah you need to enchant it first. If you must, put some shoddy Prot I enchant on it and then repair. From what I've experienced, fully repairing a badly damaged set of legend gear will cost you approximately 24 levels.

• Forum Administrators

The next version of Hexxit Gear will offer a solution for this. Not only will the armors be more effective at reducing damage but they will also never truly "break." They will enter a broken state (similar to Tinkers Construct tools) and at that point I will have a method to repair them.

Great to hear, sct!

I think the Enchant Plus mod is a bit over-the-top in Hexxit, to be honest. It's very easy to get optimally enchanted pretty much anything (well, apart from Hexxit gear) and keep it like that forever.

It may have its place in a tech mod, paradoxically enough, where levels are more scarce. I'd love it in Tekkit. But with all the disenchantable stuff you find in Hexxit, it becomes ridiculous. One single Project Zulu labyrinth gave me enough books to disenchant to get to level 60 and then some.

So the table only repairs enchanted armor? Okay. And I like it, still. It offers another solution compared to the dreaded RNG of getting a good enchant on your armor.

I've also recently discovered how to repair the armor. Use it with a diamond on an anvil. It'll repair.