Server Question

neojames

Question

Hi, first can I just say that THE NEW LAUNCHER IS FREAKING AMAZING!!!! Me and a few of my friends are planning on making a Tekkit server, and I've been trying to think of a way for ages to make it so I don't get people complaining when MC updates! Now onto my questions, If I want to include a client side mod for, lets say extra weapons for the server, is there a easy way to let them do this? Previously I was toying with asking to distribute a modified installer with any extra mods and textures with it (obviously with full credit), but with this new installer that's probably not possible. Also as its a spout launcher, will it also support all spout server plugins?

Anyway thanks for all of the hard work you put into this mod!

1 answer to this question

Not quite yet.. Tekkit as a mod-pack requires a bit more functionality built into the launcher to deal with MP specific issues..

Being able to use a specific version of Tekkit to connect to a server is high on the list. I would say your feature request may get added later on after optional mods are added to the launcher but its hard to say atm when that could get done.

There are options to get it to work doing a lot of tweaking yourself but the launcher itself isn't capable of this just yet.