Mac OS X - Nothing Starts Up - Temporary Launcher Fix

WhiteHeat

Question

Launcher Version: Build 253

Operating System: Mac OS X

Java Version: Java 7

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

Getting a white screen on launch, then nothing happens.

NOTE THIS IS FOR MAC OS

--------------------------------------

Step 1: What I did was this:

1. Go to your desktop and have nothing selected (click on your desktop to be sure).
  2. Up at the top menu choose 'Go' - 'Go to folder'
  3. When the window prompt opens type inside of it '~/Library'
  4. This will then open up your personal Library which is normally hidden from view
  5. Inside that folder choose 'Application Support' and find the folder called 'technic' and trash it (because we are going to do a fresh install again so we don't need it)

Note* If you are worried about losing anything then back that folder up. There was nothing in it that I needed so I just got rid of the whole lot. I am pretty sure you won't need it either.

Step 2: Once you have done that move onto the following:

1. Go back to your desktop and create a folder called 'Technic'
  2. Then download the 'Technic Launcher - Build 253' from here: http://www.technicpack.net/download
  3. Once that is done get the downloaded launcher file which is called 'TechnicLauncher.jar' and put it inside your 'Technic' folder that you just created on your desktop.
  4. Then open up the application called 'Text Edit' and once it's open choose from the menu 'Format' -'Make Plain Text'

Copy and paste this code into that file:

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ~/Desktop/Technic/TechnicLauncher.jar

Save the new file into the folder you created on your desktop which is called 'Technic' and call it 'technic_launcher.command'

So by now you should have a folder on your desktop called 'Technic' and inside it should be 2 files, one called 'TechnicLauncher.jar' and the other called 'technic_launcher.command'.

Step 3: Now do the following:

1. Now open the application called 'Terminal' which you can find here - 'Applications' - 'Utilities' - 'Terminal'
  2. Once that is open do not do anything, just type directly into it the text 'chmod a+x' and then add a space after it - do NOT hit enter!
  3. Open the 'Technic' folder on your desktop and drag the 'technic_launcher.command' file into 'Terminal' right after where you stopped typing, so just after the space. You will see that it adds the file name and location into 'Terminal' for you
  4. Once that is done you can now hit 'Enter'
That should now be you, to start up the 'Launcher' just double click on your file called 'technic_launcher.command' and let it run. I hope this helps, good luck! Special thanks goes to Fido488 for coming up with a solution to this problem! Error Messages: Error Log:

When I try to run the technic_launcher.command I get this error: /Users/SkyTheCoder/Desktop/Technic/technic_launcher.command: line 2: -Xmx1024M: command not found

Edit: I've tried about everything now, looking through all of the forum posts about this and googling everything. So I've tried:

This fix, with the error above.

Downgrading to Java 1.6 - download from Apple, with no effect.

Upgrading LWJGL - Nothing happens.

All of the other variations of these fixes above.

Nothing is working, and everyone else is getting this error. You and Fido488 can't seem to answer this problem, you just keep spamming everybody the same fix they said didn't work.

TeaAndBuns:

If you are on a mac that is older than Snow Leopard you should have a text edit that under format has an option like this

ScreenShot2013-07-27at110503AM.png

That is what you want. This will fix the problem for 95% of people who have this problem

If you don't have this make the file in text edit then save it and then rename the file manually by right clicking on it and giving it that name.

Hope this helps.

When I try to run the technic_launcher.command I get this error: /Users/SkyTheCoder/Desktop/Technic/technic_launcher.command: line 2: -Xmx1024M: command not found

Edit: I've tried about everything now, looking through all of the forum posts about this and googling everything. So I've tried:

This fix, with the error above.

Downgrading to Java 1.6 - download from Apple, with no effect.

Upgrading LWJGL - Nothing happens.

All of the other variations of these fixes above.

Nothing is working, and everyone else is getting this error. You and Fido488 can't seem to answer this problem, you just keep spamming everybody the same fix they said didn't work.

im getting the same error

Change the file "technic_launcher.command" code to this exactly:

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ~/Desktop/Technic/TechnicLauncher.jar

So follow all the steps above and make sure the code you use is identical to the above. That should be it, hopefully. If it works let me know please.

Okay' date=' that's different than what you said in the first post. I saw the text change. Anyways, it works now. Thanks! [/quote']

Yes, I messed up the code trying to format the post - had to get you to check 1st though to be sure. Anyways sorry about that and I am glad you got it working.

when i open the command it just says: Last login: Tue Jul 30 12:31:24 on ttys001

Patricias-MacBook-Pro:~ genevieve$ /Users/genevieve/Desktop/Technic/technic_launcher.command ; exit;

Invalid or corrupt jarfile /Users/genevieve/Desktop/Technic/TechnicLauncher.jar

logout

[Process completed]

what do i do next

when i open the command it just says: Last login: Tue Jul 30 12:31:24 on ttys001

Patricias-MacBook-Pro:~ genevieve$ /Users/genevieve/Desktop/Technic/technic_launcher.command ; exit;

logout

[Process completed]

what do i do now

I have the similar same problem as yogieman23.

I followed the first instructions and it didn't work. I went down the forum and tried all other options said and it still doesn't work. All that happens is I get the Launcher open and I try to open Tekkit Main and log. Then a screen saying 'FML is setting up you Minecraft enviroment' and then closes before even reaching 1%. A white screen is left which stays open for 1 or 2 seconds and then closes.

I am then left with this message in terminal:

Last login: Wed Jul 31 19:33:21 on ttys001

/Users/Joshua/Desktop/Technic/technic_launcher.command ; exit;

Joshuas-MacBook-Air:~ Joshua$ /Users/Joshua/Desktop/Technic/technic_launcher.command ; exit;

Jul 31, 2013 7:34:42 PM org.spoutcraft.launcher.entrypoint.Start launch

INFO: Args: []

logout

[Process completed]

I have been searching for a solution for days now.

Thanks in advance.

TeaAndBuns:

If you are on a mac that is older than Snow Leopard you should have a text edit that under format has an option like this

ScreenShot2013-07-27at110503AM.png

That is what you want. This will fix the problem for 95% of people who have this problem

If you don't have this make the file in text edit then save it and then rename the file manually by right clicking on it and giving it that name.

Hope this helps.

My mac is on OSX mountain lion :P

logout

[Process completed]

what do i do now

Redownload the launcher. Your launcher probably wasn't fully downloaded when you moved it. Or, you didn't put it in the Technic file with the TechnicRun.command

I tried this over and over again using the first and second code given. I eventually got got the message "there was a fatal error starting up mine craft and FML".

Does this mean that my launcher works and I now have to fix that error?

If I do have to fix that error can someone help me fix it, as I cannot find it anywhere.

I have:

2013 Macbook Air

1.7GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1600 MH DDR3 (8GB RAM)

Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB

Mac OSX Mountain Lion (Version 10.8.4)

128GB Flash Drive

Well, it has the packs, but they all look the same, but i know where tekkit was, and it said, failed to download, sorry, error dowloading file for the following pack: Tekkit

Failed to Download https://s3.amazon etc etc. You techy guys must know that. But the launcher loads well, so the above helped. Just need something to play with the launcher now... XD

Hello, my Tekkit (main) now sometimes works.

I achieved this by downgrading my Java from Java7 to Java6.

Sometimes my Tekkit crashes and says 'shutting down internal server'. This then freezes my laptop (specs mentioned above). On my very old iMac the old Tekkit works perfectly. I have allocated 4GB of RAM to Tekkit and it still crashes a lot. It also crashes with 1GB of RAM. My 1 month old laptop overheats whenever I try the play Tekkit (main).

Why is this happening, surely a brand new laptops with the highest specs given would not overheat when playing Tekkit (main).

Could someone please shed some light on my situation, or if anyone else has this problem.

Till then I shall burn my lap as I try to play the very laggy Tekkit.

You are probably experiencing a different issue than the one that this post seeks to fix. I don't really know how to help you with your problem from here.

Did you completely remove technic from your computer before retrying the process? (IE going into Library/Application Support/techniclauncher) and moving it to the trash?

(WARNING: DOING THIS WILL REMOVE ANY GAME SAVES YOU MAY HAVE FOR ANY OF THE MODS).

Then try again. This may fix your problem.