Help us test Voltz 2.0.1!

CanVox

Hello,

Voltz 2.0.1 has been promoted to Latest in the launcher. 2.0 maps will not be compatible with 1.X maps. We'd like you to help us test this version over the next week so that we can promote it to recommended and get Voltz back on track! Download Voltz 2.0.1 from the technic client, and get the 2.0.1 server from here: http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/voltz/Voltz_Server_v2.0.1.zip

The following changes have been made since 2.0.0:

- Mekanism has been upgraded to version 5.5.6.final.

- MineChem has been removed.

- Modular Powersuits now uses vanilla recipes.

Let us know what you think!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't craft empty cell instead it gives me tin plate D:

Yeah, I think that problem was missed out, all you have to do is in your BasicComponents config disable the ability to craft the tin plate (Whereas it has no big usage) Example:

B:"Allow item.basiccomponents:plateTin Crafting"=false

The server owner would also have to do it for your config, maybe you'll see the empty cell recipe yourself, but on the server a tin plate would come out since the server hasn't configured it to make the empty cells. Just contact the owner and tell him to do so for his server.

On another note.

It sucks that MineChem was removed, I really enjoyed that mod.

Glad you updated Mekanism, now I don't have to disable the Dynamic tanks on my server.

Anyways, I've found a mod that lets you add, remove, or change recipes. It's called MineTweaker. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1886008-152-minetweaker-add-and-remove-recipes/

The good thing about MineTweaker is that it's good to go for modpack permissions if you decide to try it out.

I've been messing around and really like the UE recipes that MPS uses so I've created a config for MineTweaker that adds all the UE recipes to the pack. Also that pesky shapeless plate recipe is fixed and a good use for rubber from MFR was added to craft copper wire. One last thing, the oil gen seemed to be broken for Galacticraft and I did the best I could to find a recipe for crafting oil canisters.

If you want to check out the config for it that I've made, everything is annotated and you can download it here:

View - http://www.mediafire.com/view/gcwfhxbhxbt7af6/MineTweaker.cfg

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/download/gcwfhxbhxbt7af6/MineTweaker.cfg

Also that pesky shapeless plate recipe is fixed and a good use for rubber from MFR was added to craft copper wire.

The copper wire is BROKEN, especially with MFR. Do not use it.

Also, after double checking the recipes, there is indeed no use for the Tin Plate. It should be removed to make way for the Empty Cell.

The critical bugs were fixed. The cell bug is the only visible bug remaining. This looks like it will be a good release.

The suggestion of adding in Ender Storage, Translocators, and RedLogic still hold true. I would consider adding them in to the final test build before moving to recommended. They would streamline a lot of things regarding Voltz gameplay.

The copper wire is BROKEN, especially with MFR. Do not use it.

Also, after double checking the recipes, there is indeed no use for the Tin Plate. It should be removed to make way for the Empty Cell.

The critical bugs were fixed. The cell bug is the only visible bug remaining. This looks like it will be a good release.

The suggestion of adding in Ender Storage, Translocators, and RedLogic still hold true. I would consider adding them in to the final test build before moving to recommended. They would streamline a lot of things regarding Voltz gameplay.

What about the Oil? It seems to spawn nowhere.

What about the Oil? It seems to spawn nowhere.

Are you sure about that? GCraft oil spawns underground, and someone in the last thread advised that it is locatable at diamond-level pretty regularly.

Translocators can be replaced by AE, though, and RedLogic can be replaced by MFR.

Are you sure about that? GCraft oil spawns underground, and someone in the last thread advised that it is locatable at diamond-level pretty regularly.

Weird. I've been mining at level 10-13 in a straight line for hours. And haven't found a single drop.

Is it because I'm still using 2.0.0 (Whereas the owner still hasn't updated)

I also believe the tin plate recipe should be disabled by default. It has no usage, and blocks the ability of making Empty cells, and I think it really sucks how you need at least one drop of fuel just for a missile module.

Weird. I've been mining at level 10-13 in a straight line for hours. And haven't found a single drop.

Is it because I'm still using 2.0.0 (Whereas the owner still hasn't updated)

I also believe the tin plate recipe should be disabled by default. It has no usage, and blocks the ability of making Empty cells, and I think it really sucks how you need at least one drop of fuel just for a missile module.

No, a couple folks were reporting oil present in 2.0.0- I'll do some verification tonight myself.

No, a couple folks were reporting oil present in 2.0.0- I'll do some verification tonight myself.

Okay, thanks alot. me and my friend have been struggling to get oil for the past 3 days. We tried the oil fab, but thats crashes us, and if you pump from it, the server crashes.

Me and Tony S ,(im the friend that he has be struggling with to get oil), have spawned two different worlds and using X-Ray on it to see if you are right, we found nada, no oil at all. Im guessing who ever was reporting either was lying or just had a map where the admin spawned it in cause me and Tony S found no oil or anything like it

Edited: I dont know if it makes a different but we are on Ampz

I am using the 2.0.1 and spent a couple hours down at the diamond level plus or minus, and I have yet to see any oil. I havent been everywhere, but if there was oil down there, i would have thought I would have come across it.

I am using the 2.0.1 and spent a couple hours down at the diamond level plus or minus, and I have yet to see any oil. I haven't been everywhere, but if there was oil down there, i would have thought I would have come across it.

Yeah, same here. I think there actually isn't any oil at all.

Translocators can be replaced by AE, though, and RedLogic can be replaced by MFR.

Not exactly. AE requires a lot of space, infrastructure, and materials to set up. Translocators doesn't take as much to set up, and can actually be used to simplify a lot of AE things (Instead of instructing your AE system to put materials into a purification chamber, then into and out of a line of machines, you can use translocators to bridge the gaps, while taking up much less time and materials and space in your interfaces, while still linking into your AE system). MFR is the same way. Why would you build an expensive block to do one function (A timer) when you can just build a timer block from RedLogic? MFR will still have its uses as well, as the controller housing and wiring is unmatched in functionality, it just isn't useful to do only one thing.

Do you guys plan to add MineChem back in?

I doubt it. That was a very buggy mod. But, they are doing a full rewrite for 1.6.x.

SLUDGE AND SEWAGE HAVE NO USE

Why doesn't anybody read the thread or wiki for MineFactory Reloaded?

http://wiki.technicpack.net/MineFactory_Reloaded

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1629898-151152-powercrystals-mods-the-updates-never-stop/#mfr