Help us test Voltz 2.0.1!

CanVox

Copper cables set on fire if you use them in a fusion reactor. I saw this and assumed it was a new overloading thing too. Maybe this is a big with them then.

I believe that copper cables still have a max capacity, but without ElecExp there's no ordinary wires to replace them with. As has been mentioned, the universal cables have no max.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make a list of bugs that I've encountered so far. I'm playing voltz 2.01 on the Technic launcher. I'll update it if I encounter more bugs but the things I have so far:

1. Using universal cables attached to turbines made my client crash too after a few minutes. I don't think this is an isolated bug.

2. The crafting recipe for empty cells is broken, or it might have changed and I'm not seeing the new recipe. 4 tin in the empty cell recipe gives me tin plate instead of empty cells.

The Dynamic Tank receive fluid from pipes but it do not send any out from it do not give any from it of is it only me?

You need to use the Configurator from Mekanism to turn the pipe to "output" mode.

I'll make a list of bugs that I've encountered so far. I'm playing voltz 2.01 on the Technic launcher. I'll update it if I encounter more bugs but the things I have so far:

1. Using universal cables attached to turbines will make your client crash after a few minutes. I don't think this is an isolated bug.

2. The crafting recipe for empty cells is broken, or it might have changed and I'm not seeing the new recipe. 4 tin in the empty cell recipe gives me tin plate instead of empty cells.

And just some further suggestions (just my opinion)

-Possibly bring back railcraft? Or at least part of it. I liked having tunnel bores to dig out mass resources.

-A gun mod would definitely be a cool addition

-A how-to guide for constructing the new redesigned fission reactors in atomic science 0.6.0 Im currently puzzled on how steam/toxicity works with the new reactors

I can't reproduce the first bug, but I think UnpairedBracket already fixed that in the newer version for the users experiencing that bug. The second one is a known bug. Railcraft was dropped because CovertJaguar doesn't want it in Voltz anymore. We don't need a gun mod. And there is already a wiki on the Universal Electricity Website.

Railcraft was dropped because CovertJaguar doesn't want it in Voltz anymore.

Hi, Voltz is actually the only technic modpack that currently has a public permissions list, and is therefore, to my knowledge, the only one that has full Railcraft permissions. The decision to pull it was Calclavia's.

I was told from Cal that CovertJaguar rescinded it. Which is why it was pulled by him. I could have misunderstood however.

Technically cal just told me to remove the mod so I don't know either way, but Voltz is currently satisfying all the written requirements for Railcraft permissions.

Doesn't really matter anyway. Railcraft was serving a very niche role in the modpack, which was the steam turbine and the concrete. Concrete was replaced by ICBM, with really only the steam turbine being any use anymore.

And automatic mining isn't something that fits in Voltz. If you want to do some auto-mining, a combination of Force Manipulators and MFR Block Breakers will serve you well. It will be expensive though, and require manual input unless you do some crazy redstone contraption.

Battery? Try using an energy cube instead of a battery. Energy cubes are unique in that they can be used as a block or as a battery.

Ok back. I've tried energy cubes (all four varieties) as well as energy tablets...my crusher still does not want to crush.

Creating factories with smelting capabilities and crushing capabilities results in interesting results. The smelting factories (all 3 tiers) work fine both with the universal cable and the energy cube battery replacement, but the crushing factories do not. I think the crushing reactions themselves might be broken.

Is anyone else having trouble with the crushers?

Edit: The crusher functions fine when crushing smooth stone. It's definitely the reaction. I can confirm that Iron ore and Gold ore will not crush. I'll start testing the other ores

Edit2: Wait...none of the old ore crushing reactions are listed. Did they get removed entirely?

You cannot directly crush ores anymore. You use the enrichment chamber for turning ores into dust. You only use the crusher with ores when you first use a purification chamber to turn the ores into clumps.

To use the purification chamber, you need to either feed Oxygen into the chamber with a pressurized tube from an electrolytic separator, or use flint to feed oxygen directly into the system. Then you add power, and feed it ore. These clumps are then put into the crusher, to turn into their dirty form. The dirty dust goes to enrichment, and then the products are smelted.

Seems the "final" build number on the last build was optimistic. I've cherry-picked the fix for cronus425 and Blackstar881's crash, and a crash caused when the robit was attempted to be placed on a non-chargepad tileentity onto the 1.5 branch. Try out the bugfix1 build here. And off the top of my head, I think the mechanical pipe might need to be shift-right-clicked with the charged configurator.