Mod select doesn't work [Problem solved]

HakitoCZ

Question

Hey there,

I know it is in FAQ

The mod select button doesn't work.

Your computer might not have any program designated to open config files. Go to your .techniclauncher and find

the "Config" folder in any of the mod folders you have already installed. (They will be empty if you haven't yet.)

Right click a file ending in .cfg, select "open with..." and set Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac) as the default

program that opens it. Your mod select button should now work as long as you have a pack selected in the drop

down.

I tried it but it still doesn't work. I tried to clear cache, erase whole .techniclauncher file and download everything(launcher.jar too(launcher.exe don't open at all so I am using launcher.jar instead)) again but nothing..

Techniclauncher I have set to 512MB and playing tekkit. But technic do the same problem.

Thanks, Hakito

(I'm sorry for broken english)

10 answers to this question

Re: Mod select doesn't work

I had the same problem, first make sure you have selected a pack at the left side (Technic, Tekkit, Yogbox etc.).

If the button still doesn't appear, login without choosing the mods. Close Minecraft, restart the launcher and try again, the button should appear now.

Re: Mod select doesn't work

That's strange. Are you sure you followed the instructions above correctly?

After you right-clicked the .cfg file and choosed "open with", don't forget

to select "always open file type with this program" on the bottom of the

window that pops up.

You can check if it worked by simply doubleclicking on a .cfg file. If it opens

with notepad, you did everything right and I have no idea what the problem is.

Maybe you should check if you run the latest version of Java, but that's just

a guess...

But nevertheless, if nothing of the above works, you can always open the

config file manually:

Go to the config folder (AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config),

open the file "ModLoader.cfg" with notepad and replace the "on" with "off" for

every mod you want to disable. Then save the file and it should work...

Thats essentialy what the "Mod Select"-Button does, it simply opens that file

for you...

Thats for technic of course, don't know about tekkit as I haven't got that

installed but it should be similar.

Mod select doesn't work

Hello, I have been able to open the file to select the mods but when i turn them off and start the game it brings it up with all the mods on, I put "mod_mocreatures=off" but it doesn't work I can still hear the birds and my game then crashes about 2 minutes later, so I need to figure out which mod my computer doesn't like but if I can't turn them off then I can't do this so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

WillrrDon't do that.

EDIT

Also forgot to say that I do save so it's not that!

Did you open the file with the button in the launcher?

If not maybe you changed it in the technic modloader.cfg while you wanted to do it in tekkit.

My explanation above to manually open the file is for technic, I haven't got tekkit installed

and don't know where the file is located for tekkit.

If it isn't that, then I have no idea, maybe you could try to reinstall the launcher...

I used the button on the loader, I'm now going to try it manually but I think it'll come out with the same result.

Thanks

EDIT

I just tried changing it manually and I tried to open my inventory and the game crashed, (probably NEI) going to try again

I think I'm just going to put the mods i want into my minecraft without using the Technic Launcher, there is only a few mods i want anyway so it won't be to difficult, thanks for trying to help.

It's not a .techniclauncher file - it's a .techniclauncher directory. The file is called modloader.cfg, and it will be in the c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\[modpack]\mods folder. @Dustin: I recommend not signing your posts. It's against the rules.