[Solved] Wooden conductive pipes not working

Hello, I'm having a problem with wooden conductive pipes. They don't extract power out of electrical engines, nor out of energy links, other engines, etc. I made this setup (to test it)gHJUr.jpg, which consists of 2 MFSU's charged up to 10000000 EU, outputting energy in glass fibre cables, which transfer it into an energy link to output it in a wooden conductive pipe, then it goes into a gold conductive pipe, and then into a teleport pipe, which is set to the same frequency as the one at my quarry. (in this case, I used a refinery, for the sake of testing)

Re: Wooden conductive pipes not working

I don't know exactly what your problem is, but ill take a stab at it.

First, switch back to default texture pack for screen shots, it makes it easier to understand whats going on.

Second, I believe the power limit for quarries is 8 BC energy units per tick.

Energy link converts on a roughly 1 to 1 ratio.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/554413-100smp-pcs-mods-minefactory-reloaded-power-converters-and-more-updated-dec-19th/

Heres the page for the power convertors mod, the energy link is a ways down, just search the page for the word energy.

2 mfsu's would put out 1024 eu/t, so roughly 1024 BC/t. BC power pipes waste extra energy, so your wasting alot of power. I dont know if this would stop it from working, but you could try just using a batbox. I dont think BC pipes were designed to handle that much power, a steam engine puts out 1 BC/t.

It might be the teleport pipes, they can only teleport across loaded chunks. So if your base isnt loaded, or the quarry is pretty far away, it might not teleport.

I dont know if it will make a difference, but try putting wooden then stone power pipes between the tele pipe and the quarry.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but did you check your receiving pipe to have "can receive" checked on? Without that it will not accept incoming power. Even if you waste a ton of energy, it should still be pumping it out just fine. As suggested though you might consider stepping it down with some transformers to something more usable.

I don't know exactly what your problem is, but ill take a stab at it.

First, switch back to default texture pack for screen shots, it makes it easier to understand whats going on.

Second, I believe the power limit for quarries is 8 BC energy units per tick.

Energy link converts on a roughly 1 to 1 ratio.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/554413-100smp-pcs-mods-minefactory-reloaded-power-converters-and-more-updated-dec-19th/

Heres the page for the power convertors mod, the energy link is a ways down, just search the page for the word energy.

2 mfsu's would put out 1024 eu/t, so roughly 1024 BC/t. BC power pipes waste extra energy, so your wasting alot of power. I dont know if this would stop it from working, but you could try just using a batbox. I dont think BC pipes were designed to handle that much power, a steam engine puts out 1 BC/t.

It might be the teleport pipes, they can only teleport across loaded chunks. So if your base isnt loaded, or the quarry is pretty far away, it might not teleport.

I dont know if it will make a difference, but try putting wooden then stone power pipes between the tele pipe and the quarry.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but did you check your receiving pipe to have "can receive" checked on? Without that it will not accept incoming power. Even if you waste a ton of energy, it should still be pumping it out just fine. As suggested though you might consider stepping it down with some transformers to something more usable.

Thanks for the replies, and the teleport pip on theother side is set to "can receive". I have als tried to test 1 single combustion engine on a refinery with a wooden conductive pipe and a gold conductive pipe, but that didn't work either. I'll try to transfer the energy to lower EU/t first.

In your refinery test did the engines run? If they did was power just not going down the pipe? Keep in mind that you have to build up some charge in the pipes before it will beam power down them. The requirements for power something with BC is an engine, conductive pipe, and power draw. It sounds like you satisfied all of them so I am not sure what the problem could be.

Hello, I'm having a problem with wooden conductive pipes. They don't extract power out of electrical engines, nor out of energy links, other engines, etc. I made this setup (to test it)gHJUr.jpg, which consists of 2 MFSU's charged up to 10000000 EU, outputting energy in glass fibre cables, which transfer it into an energy link to output it in a wooden conductive pipe, then it goes into a gold conductive pipe, and then into a teleport pipe, which is set to the same frequency as the one at my quarry. (in this case, I used a refinery, for the sake of testing)

Just tried in a test world of mine, connecting to MFSUs. Both the electric engine and energy links worked. I didn't try with teleport pipes.

A couple of notes/thoughts -

[*] Refineries (as shown in the example) require oil in the tanks before they will light up with power.

[*] Electric Engines do require a redstone signal to actually produce power. I initially forgot about this, so I figured I'd bring it up here, too.

[*] It looks like the quarry does work as fast from a bat box as from an MFE. You're probably better off having a step-down charging system with an MV and and LV transformer so you aren't wasting as much power. Something like a mining well will be a lot faster from a MFE, but not the quarry

[*] I agree with pringleman. the "can receive" flag has bit me more times than I care to remember

Thanks for the replies, and the teleport pip on theother side is set to "can receive". I have als tried to test 1 single combustion engine on a refinery with a wooden conductive pipe and a gold conductive pipe, but that didn't work either. I'll try to transfer the energy to lower EU/t first.

Just saw this. Both sides have to be set to "can receive." It's a little bit backwards, but there isn't a way to distinguish a "sender" and a "receiver" buildcraft pipe. The power can technically flow both ways.

• 4 weeks later...