[0.6.5]CataclysmSurvival[24/7][24Slots][PvP/PvE][Raid][Hardcore][No removed Mods][No banned items]

Cataclysm-Survival

I do not know tbh my tekkit just keeps crashing every time I try to load it... but my current work around is just to keep loading it tell it lets me join a game.

But I have been playing on the server for about 6 hours now. I am loving it so far, you just have to get past that first spawn and not so bad after that.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know tbh my tekkit just keeps crashing every time I try to load it... but my current work around is just to keep loading it tell it lets me join a game.

But I have been playing on the server for about 6 hours now. I am loving it so far, you just have to get past that first spawn and not so bad after that.

Glad you could get on. :)

Alright! Server is now extremely stable since Mystcraft was removed and it has been great to play in it!

Any players that are looking for a Tekkit Lite server that REALLY provides as much of the mod as possible - without sacrificing server up time and lag issues - this server is for you. Like the Server Admins have said, it is hard and you do have to outsmart raiders constantly to avoid getting your stuff stolen - but having said that, I have been on the server for about 2 weeks and I haven't died or had my stuff stolen even once.

I have had some close calls, but all you need to do is outsmart the more advanced players that have nukes and mining lasers, etc. I shut down machines and go invisible when there's signs of life close by. This kind of excitement is why I play Minecraft SMP. I have to constantly think of smart ways to hide, to camouflage my base, to look for signs of other players around, etc.

And of course when you raid an enemy base and you know that it is allowed and protected by server rules - it feels great.

They seem to have big plans for the future, like a multiple world spawn area with shops (if I'm not mistaken) where grief tools will be banned, but it will be possible to sell the materials for such tools - you just have to go to the main world to be able to craft them.

I wish they do that soon as probably with currency implemented Votifier will be installed and I can't wait to start voting the server up to get some new players and factions.

A big thank you to the Admins for their hard work and good calls that keep this server such a good experience. This is the kind of server that I would donate to, if the option was available.

Thanks!

Don't play on the Cataclysm Server. It's full of grief, terrible community and horrible spawn-killing jerks. Once you get into the game yo will be killed over and over again by people with giant lazer guns who don't want you to play the game. I was killed 104 times by the same guy at spawn until I finally stopped trying to play the server. Absolutely horrible, unable to play unless you get on when there's absolutely NOBODY online.

Ok, after witnessing several new players being spawn killed constantly I do have a suggestion for the server admins - to only allow spawn killing of members of a faction - as spawn killing is an essential part of the factions plugin (players are to locate the faction home, control it and spawn kill the enemy so that their power drops and land can be claimed. I would then suggest to consider creating a new rule to forbid non faction members from being spawn killed as there is no valid reason for it and it protects new players from finding the server unplayable. Or something along those lines that protects new players...

Don't play on the Cataclysm Server. It's full of grief, terrible community and horrible spawn-killing jerks. Once you get into the game yo will be killed over and over again by people with giant lazer guns who don't want you to play the game. I was killed 104 times by the same guy at spawn until I finally stopped trying to play the server. Absolutely horrible, unable to play unless you get on when there's absolutely NOBODY online.

On another note, TheZoroark, this is a VERY hardcore server where griefing and PVP are extremely common and for adrenaline junkies like myself - it's just perfect. The community is fairly new and everyone is still getting to know each other and bonding, so grief and unwanted deaths are to be expected and your main purpose in this server is to protect your stuff and survive at all costs. Yes, I would suggest for now to login when these assholes are offline (I also hate spawn killers).

On yet another note, congratz to the server as I played in it today and we were one player short of a full house!

(I can see the server is offline and hoping it is for maintenance so we can have all the cool stuff you have in the works!)

From going to the akliz site i found this.

logo.gif

We'll be back soon.

We're experiencing a rare service issue with our upstream provider,

Internap. Internap is currently working on resolving the issue. Follow us on Twitter and facebook for updates. Thank you for your patience.

Last Updated November 17, 2013 17:30

I am pretty sure that's what they use so this would be why there down :/ come back cataclysm :( i miss you.

On yet another note, congratz to the server as I played in it today and we were one player short of a full house!

(I can see the server is offline and hoping it is for maintenance so we can have all the cool stuff you have in the works!)

It was actually at max capacity for an hour or two today :D I was having issues and had to relog, took me around 5 minutes because there were no slots open.

You should give it another shot sometime. Yes there's a lot of grief, yes there's a spawn killing issue, but to be fair, that's just due to it being allowed. But honestly, the server has a pretty great community, it's just highly competitive. Personally, I don't do pvp at all and I'm still loving it.

My advice, get far from spawn before you even consider thinking about getting resources or building anything. Gather any food you can and just run till you think you're safe, then double that distance.

Also, I have an idea to help get new players to stick around and not get frustrated too quickly. Maybe give a 15-30 minute pvp-immunity the first time someone joins the server, that way they have some time to get away from spawn. DarkRubbs idea sounds pretty great as well, since there's a lot of needless spawn killing going on.

I am pretty sure that's what they use so this would be why there down :/ come back cataclysm :( i miss you.

Yes please!

Maybe give a 15-30 minute pvp-immunity the first time someone joins the server, that way they have some time to get away from spawn.

This is actually better than my idea. Anyway, this was only to prevent bad feelings from players who don't even get to try the server properly - although I think they are actually missing out on actually making out of spawn nice and safe without any kind of protection. Man, I made it out with people being killed, climbing up a nuke hole during night time with mobs all over. WHAT A START.

I agree the spawn killing, (While not against server rules, the idea we had was for these sorts of players to be ostracised and punished by the community ;)) has become a problem. We will be looking into a plugin to give players PvP immunity for an hour or so on first login (as R_o_n suggested)

Although with the new plans to create a proper spawn the problem will be eliminated altogether soon. :)

The staff of cataclysm would also like to apologise for the pro-longed and unexpected downtime earlier today, There was an unexplained problem with our server host as fatman has said (not sure how he even knows who our host is, good work lol).

As a side note, id like to say the main faction who has been spawn killing has been nuked to hell (admins are being blamed but from my knowledge they were wirelessly tracked while, Spawn killing (LOL). I wont release who the person was that done this but I personally happened to be watching from the sidelines during it.

Also, as for the grief of the initial spawn unfortunately there is no way to effectively protect against this without banning items and we refuse to do so unless a particular item is causing actual problems for the server. So for now, enjoy climbing your way out of a nuke hole like nothing you've ever seen before. :P

Thank you all for the kind words too by the way.

EDIT: Alo its great to hear we were at max capacity. If It keeps up the server slots will be upgraded. :)

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons