LWJGL problems

metalchic

Question

with the option for 'use latest lwjgl' checked i get the white screen bug, a quick seach suggests deleteing the meta-inf file in the jinput.jar but the problem with this soution is that it redownloads the jinput.jar every time the game is launched (when i hit login it redownloads all the vannila minecraft components)

when i wanted to mantualy update the LWJGL components in the past i had to upgrade to JRE7 64 bit and ultimatly had to uninstall JRE6 32 bit and JRE7 32 bit beasue i couldent force minecraft to swich to 64 bit java, else i would get the white screen problem. its not working this time.

on a side note switching to 64bit java fixed another problem where upon reaching 75%~ of the physical memory on my video card the entire computer would lag untill i closed minecraft or at least pressed esc to bring up the menu, i tracked this problem to the Event Logger in windows and uts becasue 100000000s or out of video memory errors are being reported and recorded by the nVidia driver every second.

i suppose i should also point out my specs

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Core2 Duo E7500 overclocked

4GB of system ram

nVidia GeForce 550 with 1gb of video memory

edit: i forgot to point out that unchecking the use updated lwjgl thing makes the white screen problem go awy

edit2: i've figure out that the reason that the reason that it redownloads all the vannila minecraft stuff is becasue the game terminated improperly likley meaning its trying to fix the problem with a fresh download

2 answers to this question