AE: Autocraft Chipsets?

ragdim

Pretty much as the title suggests, I'm trying to autocraft diamond/gold chipsets using AE. I have an interface attached to the assembly table with the gold/diamond chipset patterns in it, but when I click "craft", it simply loads the materials into the table without selecting the proper item. Thanks in advance!

Pretty much as the title suggests, I'm trying to autocraft diamond/gold chipsets using AE. I have an interface attached to the assembly table with the gold/diamond chipset patterns in it, but when I click "craft", it simply loads the materials into the table without selecting the proper item. Thanks in advance!

You'll need 2 assembly tables. One for each recipe. You'll also need 2 ME interfaces. Place only one recipe in each. After the recipe is in the interface manually make the respective chipsets with the assembly tables. This should save the selection you have made so that once the table gets more resources it will automatically make them instead of having to select it. You can also use a Quartz Wrench or Omniwrench to specify the direction the interface will output to. Just make sure to separate the tables, as they'll attempt to out put to the nearest inventory, which if another table is right beside it will be the table instead of the ME interface.

but the table will remember multiple selections, right? I'm using only one and if it receives diamond/redstone it will craft the diamond chipset and if it receives gold/redstone it'll craft the gold. As long as it's been activated and you don't throw all three items in at the same time you should be fine.

In fact, even if you did throw in enough material for 3 diamond and 3 gold chipsets, it would have enough to make all 6 and the order wouldn't really be that important.

There is an alternative recipe for making the chipsets that does not involve using the lasers or assembly tables. I believe it involves smelting something.

I can't look at our server right now, but if this question is still open I'll look at our system tonight and let you know how we're doing it.

You have to select the proper item yourself.

The table will remember what items you have selected, even as it hides options the table doesn't have materials for.

You'll need 2 assembly tables. One for each recipe. You'll also need 2 ME interfaces. Place only one recipe in each. After the recipe is in the interface manually make the respective chipsets with the assembly tables. This should save the selection you have made so that once the table gets more resources it will automatically make them instead of having to select it. You can also use a Quartz Wrench or Omniwrench to specify the direction the interface will output to. Just make sure to separate the tables, as they'll attempt to out put to the nearest inventory, which if another table is right beside it will be the table instead of the ME interface.

This fixed it. On another note, are there certain items that can't be autocrafted with AE? I ran into another issue where I am unable to autocraft power armor, but I'm almost certain that I didn't mess anything up.

as far as I know, power armor requires components to be assembled in the Tinker Table so AE can't automate that; but it can certainly automate crafting of all of the components.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm an idiot... I was thinking of adding modules, not constructing the actual armor pieces.

as far as I know, power armor requires components to be assembled in the Tinker Table so AE can't automate that; but it can certainly automate crafting of all of the components.

Nah, it's totally possible to craft power armor with a regular table. For those with a similar issue, I managed to solve the issue by disconnecting and reconnecting my crafting/regular terminal, my crafting monitor, and my quantum link chambers, and then reconnecting them. I guess it's just a bug with the mod?

On yet another note, I'm noticing that crafting jobs to smelt ores are being fulfilled inconsistently (tried to request 1k iron ore once, as well as 10k) where the induction smelters will suddenly stop receiving resources. I might start a new thread for this topic, and post some pictures later.

Connecting or disconnecting a part of an ME network causes crafting queues to reset. Most likely you added a cable or bus or something and cause it to forget the rest of the job you requested.

As far as the power armor goes, I tried restarting tekkit and queuing the job multiple times to no avail, so I'm not entirely sure that this was the cause.

As far as my issues with requesting iron to be crafted, I don't think this is the case either. I'll post again with more details on the issue here shortly.

Okay, so further details: I'm having issues with autocrafting iron where I try to queue up 1k iron to be smelted, but it only uses 1 of the 4 inductions smelters to smelt 1 ore into 2 ingots, and then stops. I tried breaking various parts of my network and then restarting, but no luck so far. I did a test by requesting only 64 ingots, and it got a little further into the job (about 9 ingots) before stopping) This was working earlier to the best of my knowledge. The controller isn't losing power, and I have available storage space. Here's some screenshots:

Here's a screenshot of a job that was in progress; it smelted 2 out of 1k ingots before stopping.

33nfec1.png

Here's a screenshot of the 4 induction smelters responsible for making iron.

2583trt.png

I have 2 patterns for processing iron at present. Here's one of them:

2a8pzkk.jpg

Here's the other pattern:

e6vvwm.jpg

Here's a mockup of how my smelters are setup from the side:

2en5a3l.png

Here's a mockup from the front:

2hxouur.jpg

Here's how the input/outputs are configured for my smelters (items are imported from the ME interfaces on the left when autocraft requests are made, and then completed items are exported into the ME interfaces on the right):

2pye23p.png

Update: it seems I didn't actually fix the issue with power armor not autocrafting. The issue happened again, but the fix I mentioned didn't work a second time. I broke the c-terminal/regular terminal, disconnected quantum link bridges, disconnected the mac, reconnected the terminals and then the mac, and restarted tekkit, but to no avail; it simply shows the item itself (the power armor) as being the missing material, and never crafts.

Update: It does in fact seem that my issue with iron not smelting was due to a "network reset". I seem to have fixed the issue with iron not smelting by breaking the one part of my network I didn't try breaking before: the cable connecting the smelters to the AE network. I observed that when breaking anything (be it a cable or monitor), everything in the crafting monitor would disappear. Anywho, I've successfully autocrafted 10k bonemeal, 1k iron ingots, and 1k gold ingots simultaneously without a problem now.

Unfortunately, ME interfaces have lost almost all of their use (for me at least) because I will frequently be adding things to my network, which is a shame because daisy chaining ME interfaces and sharing them between neighboring smelters really allowed me to compact things down.

I'd like to fix the issue with power armor not autocrafting for peace of mind, but I'll leave that be for now since autocrafting it isn't important in and of itself.

Unfortunately, ME interfaces have lost almost all of their use (for me at least) because I will frequently be adding things to my network, which is a shame because daisy chaining ME interfaces and sharing them between neighboring smelters really allowed me to compact things down.

Are you going to be continuously smelting stuff? In my experience, once you reach equilibrium and have most of the resources processed you're system will only need to process a few things on-demand and the likelihood of that getting interrupted by a network alteration would be slim.

Another suggestion would be to use an ME Precision Export Bus along with a Level Emitter to ensure that you always have 1000 (or whatever amount of) iron ingots in stock. It would not be a crafting job and would therefore not get screwed up by network resets.

I'd like to fix the issue with power armor not autocrafting for peace of mind, but I'll leave that be for now since autocrafting it isn't important in and of itself.

What shows in the crafting monitor when you try to autocraft the armor? Does it think it's missing the resources? Or it just says the armor is crafting but it does nothing?

Another suggestion would be to use an ME Precision Export Bus along with a Level Emitter to ensure that you always have 1000 (or whatever amount of) iron ingots in stock.

Thanks weir. I didn't mention it, but that's actually what I planned on doing--it's just a shame because using using ME interfaces would be much more compact.

What shows in the crafting monitor when you try to autocraft the armor? Does it think it's missing the resources? Or it just says the armor is crafting but it does nothing?

Well, for instance, it will show the power boots as being crafted, and under missing materials, it shows the power boots themselves as a missing component.

Oh, right -- that actually happened to me on a couple of occasions and I never figured out why... but it only happened maybe twice and I've crafted two entire sets of armor, so it wasn't quite to annoying. Sounds like maybe it actually *is* some sort of bug, but an intermittent one.