Cannot update memory settings past 1GB and no Permgen

DavionStar

Question

Launcher Version: 383

Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise - Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Java Version: Version 7 Update 51 (build 1.7.0_51-b13) (32-bit)

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

While searching your forums to figure out the problems I was having with specific modpacks, I found the same basic suggestions.

1 - Make sure Java is up to date and uninstall any previous versions

2 - Go into the Technic Launcher settings, update the Memory Allocated to 2GB or higher - Can't

3 - Go into the Technic Launcher settings and check off "Increase Permgen"

I took care of the Java issue, but the other two I am unable to do anything about. The only available memory settings for me are 512 KB, 768 KB and 1 GB.

As for the other suggestion, I don't see an option for "Permgen" anywhere in the Launcher or in Minecraft itself.

The amount of memory my computer has according to Windows is 4 GB, so if installing more memory cards will extend the memory settings options I can see if I can do that. Don't know what I could do about the "Permgen" thing though.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

N/A

3 answers to this question

Thanks, I was having a feeling that I needed the 64-bit version of Java for that after I posted it but I wasn't sure.

I'm still getting lag though, but that issue is for the mod pack forum. I may just need more RAM at this point.

Thanks again for the help!

Just going to add this from my experience. If you even have a 32bit version of SDK, it won't work. Make sure that only 64bit versions are on your computer. I had 32Gb RAM and was trying to figure out why I couldn't get more than 1Gb memory. Max memory option is 16Gb now.

Edited by Wabefuhon