New Forums

sct

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I can see myself reading this topic. And I have all the smilies served on a plate...

why do I still don't like this new forum :psyduck:

Why can I see that I have zero warnings? If I have zero there shouldn't be any mention of warnings at all?

Also, I have the title "advanced member". I thought you guys were against titles? I wouldn't mind it if it was removed, titles are silly and should only be reserved for admins, moderators and mod devs

Also, I have the title "advanced member". I thought you guys were against titles? I wouldn't mind it if it was removed, titles are silly and should only be reserved for admins, moderators and mod devs

I think its fine as long as things don't go past "Member" and "Regular Member" although "Advanced" seems a little unnecessary. Why are we advanced? Are we somehow better than the others? I think "Regular" would be better just for that reason.

Anyways I like the matching look. The signature is also nice, I just hope people don't go crazy with it like a certain someone did... I'd be bad if everyone did something like that.

The signature is also nice, I just hope people don't go crazy with it like a certain someone did... I'd be bad if everyone did something like that.

Muahahahahaha?

I'm still figuring out the notification settings. At the moment, I get a notification every time someone replies to a thread. every time.

This could end badly for anyone who uses Kitty Jail if there's no way around it...

• Moderators

Oh god no do we have signatures? Ugh... And titles for regular users should never be. It stinks of ego. - "you should follow my post because I'm an advanced member!" You're just a newbie, lolol!"

This is why Technic forums are above MCforums, I really hope we don't start having the same thing here.

Not saying our moderators can't hold the reigns here, just saying that titles based on post count should never exist.

Edit. one feature I miss is that I can't see if any staff is online

It all depends on how it turns out. Luke's found a good use of the Signature, but I dread to think what could happen. Half of each thread could turn out to be massive OTT signatures...

No fingers pointed. Honest.

As for the "Advanced Member" tag, looks like it's changeable. I doubt that tag will see the light of day for much longer - everyone will probably change theirs at the first opportunity.

• Forum Administrators

I can't seem to find the "login with facebook button" I actually had to reset my password because I couldn't remember it.

As of right now and for the foreseeable future anyone who was using the Facebook connect feature needs to reset their password to gain access to their account.

I think its fine as long as things don't go past "Member" and "Regular Member" although "Advanced" seems a little unnecessary. Why are we advanced? Are we somehow better than the others? I think "Regular" would be better just for that reason.

Anyways I like the matching look. The signature is also nice, I just hope people don't go crazy with it like a certain someone did... I'd be bad if everyone did something like that.

These titles only exist because I haven't changed them.

Oh god no do we have signatures? Ugh... And titles for regular users should never be. It stinks of ego. - "you should follow my post because I'm an advanced member!" You're just a newbie, lolol!"

This is why Technic forums are above MCforums, I really hope we don't start having the same thing here.

Not saying our moderators can't hold the reigns here, just saying that titles based on post count should never exist.

Edit. one feature I miss is that I can't see if any staff is online

Images are prohibited from signatures. My hope is they are used for reasonably useful information like luke is doing. 

Half of each thread could turn out to be massive OTT signatures...

Apparently there's a setting for the maximum number of lines allowed, maybe that should be set to something like 5? Already, prohibiting images is an improvement over the MCF and the like.

Also, is there a way to set notifications to work the way they used to?

Does this mean the automatic "Advanced Member" thing, or the entire feature? I'm enjoying being a primitive Proto-Member of the Technic Forums.

Hey guys, there's a new API out called Forge. Maybe you should check it out? It could revolutionise the entire future of Minecraft modding!

Then again, probably not.

• Moderators

Images are prohibited from signatures. My hope is they are used for reasonably useful information like luke is doing. 

Good to hear about the first, I feared you guys were going "soft" on us :havlat:

Second: sounds reasonable, I have seen so very few people on other forums who use it for helping and tech/mod/modpacking support.

I'm just a scared guy in a metal suit, afraid of changes.

Hi we upgraded the forums discuss it here please don't be mad that things are dark.

Actually, I think the darkness and the matching styles between the pages are the only good things with the update, will there be some kind of feature-list of the new stuff?

I find the layout confusing, I really thought theprolo had changed his name to "Hail Fluffy!" for a while, and while I might get used to that, signatures are a big no-no for me. I don't want to see the same text 5 times per page. The kind of messages put there belongs on the profile page of the person, if it contains any information of value at all. Also, do we not have the same kind of profile page anymore? I really liked the old system...

One more positive thing I discovered whilst writing this is that the text editor has been improved, which is a huge plus.

Also also, as of now I can just change my title to "Administrator" or "Moderator "and go around ruining the credibility of the staff, which is not a good thing.

EDIT: Is there a setting I could use that makes me auto-follow threads the way I used to?

Under My settings, Notification options

Do you get notifications every time somebody replies to a post, even when you already have one from that post?

I can't figure out how to turn it off...