New Forums

sct

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darker and edgier, it's Technic Forums 3: Technic Harder!

About the signatures, is there any way I can automate something like what the mcforums kids do for their +1diamonds!!!1! likes?

A display of all the -1stopmakingmefollowtherules!!!1! and -1youcan'tpunishmemymommysaysI'mthebest!!!1! tears of suffering I cause?

Probably not fully automatic, but create an extra "warning points" category. Every time you see a post telling you what a mean poopyhead you are, you give them the special warning point.

Have somebody create a plugin that links to and updates your sig based on the points count, and Bob's your uncle.

That's all assuming you can have that extra warning category. :P

As for the forums: I've always been more of a fan of white text on a dark background. It's a bit easier on the eyes for me.

• Moderators

Suggestion

1) The Bug support is free for people to post however they want, the "Submit bug report" standard is gone. Remedy this soon please?

2) Will Attack of the B-Team modpack receive its own bug subsection?

• Forum Administrators

Suggestion

1) The Bug support is free for people to post however they want, the "Submit bug report" standard is gone. Remedy this soon please?

2) Will Attack of the B-Team modpack receive its own bug subsection?

I'm looking into what the best way to handle our bug forum is on this software. Trying several different options in a test environment atm.

New forums broke:

In other news: OMG I know this forum software :D

The new theme's very nice.

@Jasonsj10 - I like both pieces of forum software, but I'm always interested in what people prefer from one over another. Out of curiosity, what prompted you to switch over to IPB? (@Technic team, probably sct. ^^)

The new bug tracker is neat.  It's like an actual tracker instead of just a forum now.

On boy, so this was the whole big forum upgrade. I personally liked Xenforo the best, but I'll get used to this eventually.

Yeah.  Xenforo and CFS are pretty similar (Xenforo was actually started by ex- IP.Board programmers) and maybe XenForo was a little better, but the new look is worth it. :)

Edit. one feature I miss is that I can't see if any staff is online

It's not instant like the other one was, but there's a Moderating Team button at the bottom of the main page, and the Online status of the staff is in there.  Unless they're hiding from you.

It's not instant like the other one was, but there's a Moderating Team button at the bottom of the main page, and the Online status of the staff is in there.  Unless they're hiding from you.

I can confirm that link is there.

Is Kellering implemented on the new forums?

Why do only I have the "0 Warning points" under may avatar? Is it because Freakachu is using me as a guinea pig?

I think we all have them on our own profiles. I have "0 warning points" when I look at myself, but it doesn't show up beside your posts,