New Forums

sct

I think we all have them on our own profiles. I have "0 warning points" when I look at myself, but it doesn't show up beside your posts,

Oh ok.

The head of my Minecraft skin showing up if you put your name in is a nice touch. I was going to delete mine because it's redundant, but now I think I'll keep it. It could use a space though.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forum Administrators

I want to give people the option to just use their minecraft skin as their avatar if they so desire but I have to figure out the templating engine some more.

So, my thoughts. (Not that they matter all that much);

I like the new color scheme. I'm not sure about all of this newfangled complexity, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I really don't care one way or the other about signitures, but I am very thankful that they don't allow images. That was the one thing I really hated about signatures, giant sigs with flashing colors that appear 20 times per page.

My only real gripes are these;

1) The new profile page system feels overly complex. If it's possible, I'd be in favor of reverting to the simpler system where what is put on your page shows up nowhere else, as opposed to the current system of both outgoing and incoming page posts showing up on my page.

2) The "like" button. I really can't help but feel like it's a gimmick that should be avoided for many reasons, not the least of which is the tendency for it to become a status symbol to have more likes than someone else. Are there already plans in favor of or against it?

The PM system is quite surprising, every time someone PMs me I get the message popping up in front of my face.

I think that's configurable in options. "Show inline pop-up when I have new personal messages (latest will be shown)" might work

There's still no option for only getting an alert once per post, though. Is this a possibility? I came on with 46 notifications from a grand total of 3 threads today...

• Moderators

You can't see if a user has edited his post. This could create one of those moments when a troll posts shit, and the troll edits everything out, making anyone who isn't a staff scratching their heads if they don't know what was posted originally.

I like the bug tracker. Prompting users to actually post a log on their first error report-post would be another good step for giving them faster support

• Forum Administrators

You can't see if a user has edited his post. This could create one of those moments when a troll posts shit, and the troll edits everything out, making anyone who isn't a staff scratching their heads if they don't know what was posted originally.

I like the bug tracker. Prompting users to actually post a log on their first error report-post would be another good step for giving them faster support

Hmm I thought it showed the edit message. Let me check the settings.

e: Okay that's fixed.

• Moderators

Umm Sct where are the stickied threads like "Common Problems" at?

Edit. the one Cheap has on Pagoda is okay-ish, but Kaker's had much more info and stuff we could point users to

Noticed that the Elder Scrolls subsection on the Arcade is gone... I spent a good time adding mods for Skyrim there :(

Edited by Munaus

Invision sports a pretty decent mobile version of the site.

In comparison, not as flexible as Tapatalk. Mind you, some aspects that the app implements is a little odd, but less so than the Firefox mobe version. I can't even look at my profile without dancing the hokey-pokey in a creeper suit.

Now that I can see postcounts, wow I have 511 posts; it doesn't feel like I've posted nearly that much.

Think how I feel - I have no idea how I got this many...

Probably from all those replies to people asking about Tekkit Classic 3.1.3, where I ended up copying and pasting the same message every time linking people to the same fix .-.

• Moderators

Is there any further help regular users can give on the Bug reports, I think you made yourself a disfavor Sct when you have to manually go through threads to set them as "fixed". Is this admins-only feature or can mods do it aswell?

Would it help if we regular users could report a bug thread as "fixed"?

I like the idea of having bug threads badged with a "fixed"-status, if several months from now we have a user with a real tricky error but with an error line that we can search in past bug threads that has been solved before.