saved game lost

THEHUNGRYMUTANT

i just logged on and was playing my game for about ten min, then it crashed on me. i didnt think anything of it so i booted it back up, an found that my saved game is gone. went to the saved gae file and nothing was in there either. any help or knowledge to prevent this from happening again? my gears are grinding

• 1 month later...

Hey so I just had this happen as well, however when I started a new world it put me right back in my old one, so I don't know if it was just because I had never changed the world name or not but that seems like a logical solution to preventing it in the future, that or try creating a new world with the same name as the last one you had

• 3 months later...

Hey so I just had this happen as well, however when I started a new world it put me right back in my old one, so I don't know if it was just because I had never changed the world name or not but that seems like a logical solution to preventing it in the future, that or try creating a new world with the same name as the last one you had

This is exactly what I did and it worked! Just make a new world, rename it to the previous, and it should fix it. Not sure if you have to change settings like map generation options or seeds, I just did it with default settings.