Custom Modpack download problem

GiantSapling

So i'm trying to make a custom modpack for 1.6.4 but i've been having the same problem. It doesn't seem to download any files, it gives me an "failed to download" error whenever I try to add it to the launcher. I'm not entirely sure why either - should'nt a dropbox link work fine?

http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/pursuit

^ link to modpack ^

I had this problem also but i got it to work after right clicking and doing the copy link adress for the download but when i got to launch my pack it tries to load 3 times and fails to load saying " error downloading file for the follwing pack: Bamboocraft" Failed to download address please consult the modpack author" 

• Discord Moderator

The link you have supplied for your modpack is not the "direct download" link. When one places your provided URL directly into a browser it goes to the dropbox page which provides a download link you must click on to retrieve the file. This won't work. You must supply a direct download link for any files you wish the launcher to be able to download.

I downloaded your modpack and there is a problem:

- You include a very old version of Forge: 9.11.1.935

- The minimum version Mystcraft will accept is 9.11.1.938 which prevents the pack from loading

- The current version of Forge for 1.6.4 is 9.11.1.965

Updating to 9.11.1.965 of Forge allowed the pack to load up and start a SSP world. I saw no glaring problems in your startup log.

If you want to have a clean base for starting a pack on a specific version of Forge/MC feel free to use my "BareBonesPack" to begin. It only has the base MinecraftForge modpack.jar in all major version from 1.4.7 to 1.7.2 which can be selected from the pack properties after it is added to the launcher.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/barebonespack.271497

Edited by plowmanplow

Updating to 9.11.1.965 of Forge allowed the pack to load up and start a SSP world. I saw no glaring problems in your startup log.

Well, if that's the only reason for any problems then I failed hard somewhere :/. Not sure how I got the older forge version, but that's easily corrected. Thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...