Smeltery not pouring molten iron

AwCrudNoSword

I have recently constructed a Smeltery in my Hexxit world. However, the drain doesn't seem to function. I searched for anyone having a similar issue to no avail. The rest of the Smeltery works fine; Lava powers it, the Iron melts, but nothing comes out of the drain, even though I have a Faucet attached and a Casting Table below it. Coking in the Smeltery are 30 ingots' worth of Molten Iron. What am I doing wrong?

Did you put somethong on the Casting Table before clicking on the Faucet? Try replacing the Casting Table with a Casting Basin and see if it works for creating Iron Blocks.

If not, please provide a screenshot of your setup, maybe something isn't okay with it. For example, you can't put the Drain/Faucet in the corners.

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it, Iron can only be poured into a basin to make Iron Blocks or poured into the Casting Table with a cast already in it (Ingot Cast, for example).

If you want to pour into the casting table to make a cast, you need to have an item on the table (any ingot, a pickaxe head, tool rod, etc.) and you need to have molten Aluminum Brass or Gold.  Only Aluminum Brass (Aluminum and Copper, 3 to 1 ratio)  or Gold can be used to make casts.  Once you have a cast, you can pour any molten metal into it.  If you're just getting started with the smeltery, the ingot cast should be the first cast you make, so you can easily pour any remaining molten metal out of the smeltery.

• 2 months later...

You have to make a cast with a stone tool part. Learned that the hard way. ;)  Definitely make an ingot cast straight away. It's kind of a waste of gold tho to use it to make casts, so I'd definitely save up alum/copper for that instead. The only parts you can't use are the fletching and bow string (because they have to be feather/leaf or string/cloth material) to make casts with. Make sure you've got stone tool parts though. Wood doesn't work.

I'm having a lot of trouble making the casts and casting the parts though, but I think it's because the stuff gets buggy if you try to add drains later on. ( Ugh. I wish this could be updated within hexxit. Otherwise I might just have to mod my vanilla to be a pseudo-hexxit.) It's pretty frustrating, so make sure you don't add any drains on the corners or destroy any blocks after you start using the smeltery. Just to be on the safe side.