Most common issues and fixes! And known problems

arriej

issue: can't interact with block or anything in world after I enter it.

cause: altar from the "Necromancy mod".

fix: go into the config files and remove the id for the block or item you think may be crashing your game (in my case the altar)

hope this works for you and TAKE A BACKUPP BEFORE YOU TRY THIS! :)

issue: can't interact with block or anything in world after I enter it.

cause: altar from the "Necromancy mod".

fix: go into the config files and remove the id for the block or item you think may be crashing your game (in my case the altar)

hope this works for you and TAKE A BACKUPP BEFORE YOU TRY THIS! :)

Anything to back up this claim? There can be many and multiple reasons why interaction fails.

arriej, mind changing the mapwriter issue to be more generalized? There are more than the mapwriter.cfg file that can get the NUL character in it causing issues. The logs look relatively the same, just the path to the file is different. Or perhaps just note that this applies to more than just the mapwriter cfg issue.

There's also a reoccurring issue with the DNA Breeder, most likely stemming from the auto-output upgrade. that can be solved through similar means of the crayfish oven. And a tile entity/entity erroring issue can be solved through the forge.cfg file via a few settings there.

Hey,

Thanks for thinking with us and of course I am willing to make a change. I will make it this afternoon when I come back from college (I have a full day till 5 pm) so when I get the time I will make it.

Just noticed another issue on the tracker, regarding to Natura.txt having an unmatched quote. The "delete file" method for the mapwriter.cfg fix solves this issue as well but the error line is slightly different. First time I've seen this issue but in the event it is reoccurring, may as well make a note about it.

Issue: Server/Client crashes when you joins a server/load the world

Cause: Depends on the error log. most common reason i have seen is because of an mod item that crashes the world. (Check the how to read an error log tutorial down here)

Fix: the fix for an block incompatibility. (the following example is for the oven from "mrcrayfish furniture mod" but it also works for the DNA Breeder.)

Go into the mods folder then to the config folder,

open up the cfm.cfg file and change the line:

I:BlockOven=854 

to

I:BlockOven=

Which should delete the oven from you world the next time you load it, (Thanks to  Kr0nZ)

Fix 2: you will have to open up your map in mcedit and remove the block manually.

This doesnt work, it just forces the server to generate a fresh config value for the blank spot (1004) which causes a crash on startup as it conflicts with another mod -- and if it didnt crash, clients wouldnt be able to join as their clients have the ID set to 715 Fix2 would work, but Im not good at MCEdit and I dont know if you can just type in a block to remove and have it run a scan on that ID. I have a server with a few thousand players so it'd be hard to find each DNA breeder

That fix does indeed work, the other option is to set it to 0 (as it'll attempt to overwrite "Air" which just isn't allowed).

Also, MCEdit is fairly straightforward on using it. Spending an hour or so playing with the program should give you an understanding of navigation and block selection. Knowing these two things, how to press the delete key, and using CTRL+G to jump-to a location, makes it all the easier to find a specific block to remove.

hey mate, i know redpower doesn't let me load up my world and i need to download the newest version for it. But I want to play on my friends server and when i tried to join it says I have the wrong version of redpower installed, I know that the recommended build doesn't work so it means I need a new version of the game but it still wouldn't work. I hope the server files would be updated.

Awesomebynature, this isn't the tracker, but it is a common fix mentioned in this thread a few times.

For other browsers (and you);

If the launcher loads when you click play, then immediately drops you out of minecraft back into the launcher, do this first;

For Windows:

Update Java 64-bit if you have a 64-bit OS, if you're not sure, try it (there's no harm, a 32-bit OS simply won't run it).

You can get those downloads here; https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

For MacOS X:

You need the JDK rather than the JRE as the JRE only updates Java links for your browser.

You can get that download here; http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html

Note: If you're on MacOS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or older then neither Apple nor Oracle officially support you for Java 1.7+.  It's possible to force an install using a package manager like Pacifist but your best bet is to upgrade to the latest MacOS version if you can - it's free for most MacOS users.

Hey guys having the same problem here, win7, intel machnine, both 32 and 64bit Java up to date, after launching the launcher dissappears like the game is going to start but then comes back, please help, log link below. Thanks so much!

http://pastebin.com/9GgZXetX

hey, thanks for your interest but this is not the place to post your problems.  

You should post your problem in the tracker section 

how exactly am i supposed to change it to 1.5 or 2 (whatever you said) if it only goes up to 1?!

Issue: Can't add more then 1GB of RAM to the launcher.

Cause: 1.) Not a 64Bit java installed

2.) Not enough RAM in your PC.

Fix: 1.) Install a 64 bit version of java ( http://java.com/nl/download/manual.jsp ).

2.) Upgrade your PC with more RAM.

Okay so before the latest update like last week or so my attack of the B team worked perfectly fine but now I cant get onto anything not single player or multiplayer it just crashes and says "Exception in server tick loop" and I know that I probably need to allocate more or less memory but I've tried every amount of RAM I can allocate I have I have 8g of RAM and a like 640 graphics-card on my computer I don't know if that helps. 

PLEASE HELP AND THANK YOU