Most common issues and fixes! And known problems

arriej

Hey arriej, another issue I have found commonly showing up lately is a structure spawning issue. The lines to be looked for are:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureStart.func_75068_a(StructureStart.java:47)
        at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.MapGenStructure.func_75051_a(MapGenStructure.java:81)

And the fix I found isn't simple, I have it all explained @ http://forums.technicpack.net/tracker/issue-2010-connectionarea-crashes-server/

Also, another issue I have seen semi-frequently is an issue related to mobs not spawning. The issue is the mob cap is being hit, and this can be solved by /cofh killall (or setting difficulty to peaceful briefly so hostile mobs despawn)

Hey arriej, another issue I have found commonly showing up lately is a structure spawning issue. The lines to be looked for are:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureStart.func_75068_a(StructureStart.java:47)
        at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.MapGenStructure.func_75051_a(MapGenStructure.java:81)

And the fix I found isn't simple, I have it all explained @ http://forums.technicpack.net/tracker/issue-2010-connectionarea-crashes-server/

Also, another issue I have seen semi-frequently is an issue related to mobs not spawning. The issue is the mob cap is being hit, and this can be solved by /cofh killall (or setting difficulty to peaceful briefly so hostile mobs despawn)

Thank you sir. I have added both issues to the main post and made one >special post for the mapgenstructure issue.

Version 4.3.7 Build 32 of Project Red is installed in the latest update of Attack of the B-Team (which is the version I am currently playing on) and I am having the "game not loading" problem where the game opens to the Mojang screen, but crashes back to the launcher. On the Project Red site it says that the latest version is unstable, which may be causing the problem. So would I have to put in a more stable version?

• Moderators

Version 4.3.7 Build 32 of Project Red is installed in the latest update of Attack of the B-Team (which is the version I am currently playing on) and I am having the "game not loading" problem where the game opens to the Mojang screen, but crashes back to the launcher. On the Project Red site it says that the latest version is unstable, which may be causing the problem. So would I have to put in a more stable version?

If I were you I'd post on the Tracker before pointing on a innocent mod. This is a modpack (pack of mods), after all.

Follow the Tracker Rules and Guidelines

Send me a pm with your crash report (in pastebin or paste.ubuntu.com) and i will have a look if its really project red. if it is (you have this read in the crashreport ) you can post it on the tracker. 

My computer stopped working a while back so we got a laptop which stopped working a few months after getting it. We got the first computer working again so I don't know if it has anything to do with this issue because this is the first time I played anything other than vanilla minecraft on it (I played Hexxit and Attack of the B Team on the laptop which had its issues, but they seemed to go away after time etc.). The issue is that the movement seems to be too fast. I know that one of the issues with minecraft is that you can't move faster and why would I be complaining about it! Its like the mouse is too sensitive, but I tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity which doesn't help whether if it is lower or higher. I tried playing for a few minutes to get accustom to the controls again as I haven't played minecraft for a few weeks, but that wasn't the issue - it seems to be the game. I tried resetting the pack in the launcher which didn't help at all. The mouse is not acting up outside of minecraft and it is also doing it on Hexxit. If anyone can help I would appreciate it and if this helps at all, the computer was set to factor settings and I have to install some kind of Java for the launcher/game. Usually when I exit the game I get a pop up about platform SE binary something which I tried to look up and wasn't able to find anything that would help. 

• Moderators

*too much words*

We don't post issues here. Post them on the Tracker / Bug Reports. Follow the Tracker Rules and Guidelines and please follow the Bug Report Template when creating the report instead of a wall of text. Makes your report easier to read.

Hi guys and girls, I've somehow managed to run a "cntrl+f" search inventory qnd have no idea how to turn it off it's driving me insane and I can't find any way to sort it please help

P.s: now fixed.. not sure what I done

Edited by Mike_Oxpink

Mine started crashing on the Mojang screen, so I reset the pack and was able to load past it, but now it crashes me when I join servers. Here is the error message: http://paste.ubuntu.com/7589835/

You have the map writer error. Next time post it on the tracker or read the tutorial on how to fix the map writer error, if you cant read the error log then learn that in my second  and third post. 

Hi guys and girls, I've somehow managed to run a "cntrl+f" search inventory qnd have no idea how to turn it off it's driving me insane and I can't find any way to sort it please help

P.s: now fixed.. not sure what I done

XD when i have that i just leave it and then magic happens and its gone. i also never choose to have it on as well but magic is so powerful it also enables it!!!

When playing with my friend on his server I get massive lag spikes ( 40 frames to 1 ) Every 3-4 seconds. I thought it might be server lag but no one else gets it but me. I tried changing my RAM from 1, to 3, to 4 and so on and didn't help at all. In game settings also have no effect. Is my computer just not "buff" enough to handle Attack of the B-Team?

• Moderators

What is going on with my attack of the b-team! I cant join my server and for some odd reason I cant paste the crash report

post issues on the Tracker, not here. Use a pastebin site like pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com for the error log and post the link on your report in the Tracker

When playing with my friend on his server I get massive lag spikes ( 40 frames to 1 ) Every 3-4 seconds. I thought it might be server lag but no one else gets it but me. I tried changing my RAM from 1, to 3, to 4 and so on and didn't help at all. In game settings also have no effect. Is my computer just not "buff" enough to handle Attack of the B-Team?

What are the computer specs? 

We cant smell what your pc has inside. you have to feed that before we can judge

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

With all the servers I try to join I get "bad packet id" with some random number. How do I fix this?

First thing you should always check: what version of the modpack is the server(s) running? which version are you running?

You can't run different versions of the modpack

Check yours on the cog wheel button that is below the modpack icon on the launcher window