Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RossageDaSausage

Minions Glitch

4 posts in this topic

So, I've been playing this mod pack since it become public and I've had a few issues here and there, but nothing too serious until now.  Recently I had a huge glitch basically wipe away most of my progress.  I used the Master Staff to summon minions a while ago.....I played around with it, but then I unsummoned said minions.  Well, I opened my game up to my roommate via LAN connection and told him to try quarrying with the minions.  Shortly after he started doing this a wall in my lair (which was made using deep storage containers) was mostly destroyed.  The parts that weren't destroyed were replaced with dirt blocks.  The weird thing is that the dirt blocks still had the signs attached that I had attached to the deep storage containers.  As if that wasn't bad enough, the newly built transport pipes that I placed had turned to dirt as well.  I lost over 700+ diamonds and every ore I mined.  When I saw this I also saw minions around the dirt blocks.  My roommate couldn't do anything about them so I thought, "What the heck, I'll just try dismissing them".  So, I did.  Apparently they were my minions even though I never had any minions summoned.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or anything like this and if this issue will be fixed.  I love the mod pack, but losing all that progress is incredibly frustrating!

I had the same issue over a LAN server, had to stop using them.  I've looked for answers myself but haven't come across any :/ I've heard of a lot of people disabling them on multi player servers due to a glitch, I'm guessing that is probably the reason.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

It's cool.  Just hearing that someone else had the same issue helps a lot.  I'll just make sure not to use those minions again!

• Similar Content

• Losing it All
      By KatjatheREDMedic
      Well, that wasn't pleasant..let' start from the beginning though.
      I loaded up my save file just this morning. I spawned on the Jaded with no items in my inventory at all, not even the quest book. I had a wand, several foci, gold, iron, steel, two satchels full of items...all of them were gone.
      What's odd is, this has happened before. It's happened before in another save file...and in and in my last world, half my quest book progress completely disappeared. Has anyone had this problem? Am I asking this in the right place? What can I do? I'm...scared to play again because I'm afraid I'm going to lose everything again.
    • Launcher Problems??
      By CrazyAnarchist
      I have had no problem with technic until today, when I try to launch a modpack it goes to a certain percent, examples I've seen are 2%, 7%, 8%, and 13%, and then stops and doesn't load any further. I have restarted the launcher, reinstalled modpacks, and other people are having the same problem. Help please!
    • Mod Loader wont start up at all
      By BigLDP
      My computer is a windows 10 pc that has wonderful specs. There is one thing that i can't do. I can't open the launcher at all. Can someone help?
    • Witchery Familiar - Fire immunity
      By Poseidon5001
      Hello all, I am in the process of making a modpack. I noticed something strange with witchery
      Binding a cat familiar seems to grant the player fire immunity, instead of just the cat. I get the damage tick sounds, and the effect on my player, but my hearts do not go down for fire
      Same thing applies to poison. If I dismiss the familiar, same thing. I must actually reset my file in playerdata of the world to take fire and poison damage again.

Anyone have a solution? This is game breaking as it removes one of vampire's two weaknesses.
      Any help would be appreciated ASAP.
      Thanks!
      daPoseidonGuy
    • NEI not working with my modpack.
      By Vlax
      http://technicpack.net/modpack/paid-request-modpack.811248
      NEI Refuses to open up for some reason. CraftGuide worked. Too Many Items just crashed the game. But I prefer NEI over CraftGuide. I have already tried pressing O (and about every single letter on my keyboard besides E)
      Other notes: NEI does appear in the mod list. Does not appear in the Controls. Game will crash if you scroll through the mod list and then click on NEI's name in the list.