Tekkit optifine starup issue

Evilprovolone

I am having an issue starting up the client when i install optifine into tekkit 1.2.6b. i have the optifine version for mc 1.6.4 Ud1 im running on a multi core processor. When i hit the play button the launcher goes throught the process of starting up the client, then the launcher dissapears for a second, reappears and the client or java.exe never pops up.

the solider.modpack.net is just the laucher checking your files to see if you have an up to date pack. it will see optifine but should not prevent it from running.

is there a crash log? it is possible your pc cant handle that version of optifine.

does your pc run fine without optifine?

do you have extra mods like biome-o-plenty installed (biomes-o-plenty is 100% not compatible with optifine)

have you tried the standard version of optifine and see if that works?

to install optifine is way easier than it used to be, you just drop it in your mods folder, no opening jar files anymore. biome-o-plenty does not come with tekkit but people like to add extra things so I was just confirming.

if it works without but not with try a different version (standard instead of ultra) if that doesn't work chances your pc can't handle it. and very few macs can run it (if you have a mac you might be hosed)

I'm having the exact same problem with a little computer that I use at work.

Its a little HP machine 2 cores, 8GB ram, with an onboard graphics card. It's W7 64 bit with java 1.7 64 bit. Running Tekkit 1.2.6b - no other mods. I dropped the ultra version into the mod folder and the system acted exactly like Evilprovolone described. It just keeps dropping back into the Technic launcher.

I'll have to try the standard version on Monday. It's frustrating because the game runs anywhere from 5 to 13 fps even with almost all graphical options set to minimum.

• 1 month later...

tekkit 1.6.4 with optifine! i havent been able to play in over a month due to updated ect, the link is good, it is trusted and does infact work!

optifine is loaded and working in my 1.6.4 FROM MODS FOLDER!! no opening and splicing or deleting meta-inf or anything! like omg its lovely.

optifinefml.7z download link (dropbox)

How to use
1. Make a copy of OptiFine_.jar file and rename to "[0000]_OptiFine_whatever yourssays.jar" (or other meaningful name) .
2. Open optifinefml.7z and [0000]_OptiFine_.jar in archive program (7-Zip or WinRAR or WinZip).(for 7zip, open 7zip then navigate to it, has issues opening directly if winrar takes over)
3. Copy files and folders inside optifinefml.7z to [0000]_OptiFine_.jar .
4. Close archive program.
5. Copy [0000]_OptiFine_whateveruput.jar to mods folder.
6. Make sure the original OptiFine_.jar is not also in mods folder.

ONLY WORKS with Optifine HD c4 or c5!!!

http://optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_C4.jar

http://optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_C5.jar

I used the above exactly and my tekkitmain 1.6.4 now loads perfectly fine with optifine!

[ btw i used c5 ]

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1544257-172shaders-mod-v237-updated-by-karyonix/page__st__4600__p__24582828#entry24582828

its nothing to do with your pc, its to do with 1.6.4 and forge not playing nice. when you launch tekkitmain it gives a invail ticket, so the game will not load and gives you the launcher again. doing this makes u have optifine for tekkitmain 1.6.4 current reccomended version with no mess or fuss!!

Edited by Bunni1337

• Discord Moderator

Please disregard previous post. The "current" version of Optifine (OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_D1.jar) for 1.6.4 works fine with TekkitMain 2.0.9e. Just drop it into your mods folder. I only post this here to put folks on the right track if they search for optifine and tekkit.

• 8 months later...

Please disregard previous post. The "current" version of Optifine (OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_D1.jar) for 1.6.4 works fine with TekkitMain 2.0.9e. Just drop it into your mods folder. I only post this here to put folks on the right track if they search for optifine and tekkit.

I searched, I ended up here, so thank you!

Installing mods can be a nightmare on Minrcraft (tekkit especially). For each useful piece of information, there is 100 videos of outdated misinformation.

Cheers!