[1.2.9H] APOC Tekkit Main | OPEN SERVER | 24/7 Dedicated Server / Economy / Anti-Grief/Raid Worlds, Faction Worlds, Resource Worlds / Non Pay2Win! Vote inspired network! / Shops / Plots / Custom Plugins / MCMMO / And more!

Zilacon

What do you think of APOC Gaming?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. One network, All of technic. Do you enjoy our server network?

• Yes
    • No

APOC-Gaming-Network-Logo2_zpssmotkoef.pn

Website: http://apocgaming.org | Server IP: TM.APOCGAMING.ORG | Discord: https://discord.gg/uctbDQb
For more information on our servers, network, status, wiki's, launchers, pack pages, and more checkout our server page here:
http://apocgaming.org/servers

AGN is a community of gamers for minecraft and other online games founded in 1999 for gaming and setup in 2010 for minecraft servers.
We host independently from Zilacon's own privately hosted dedicated servers.
(Bungeecord, Vanilla, & Tekkit Classic are on a paid host. All others are hosted by Zilacon)
I pride myself in hosting and managing high performance servers with virtually zero down time. All of our servers have deadlock, lag, and crash detection.
Automated restart scripts, entity clearing/merging, spawn limits, timing adjustments, etc. To make the server run as smooth as possible.
Our servers normally maintain 19-20 TPS no matter what. If you experience any type of lag with a good ping to the network, please contact us so we can look into it.
Me and my staff team are available almost 24/7 on our discord server.

On APOC we have many gameplay styles for you to choose from, along with over a dozen modpacks and servers to play on.
All of our servers (excluding skyblock modpacks) have all of the features below.

Screenshot_249.pngScreenshot_32.pngScreenshot_33.png

Server Features:

• Always Online: Dedicated, optimized, built for performance servers since 2010. Our servers are fully automated with almost zero need for human intervention to remain online and running smooth.
  • Multiworld: We have worlds for PVP and PVE. These worlds are Survival (PVE/GriefPrevention Protection), Factions (PVP/Factions Protection), and Towny (PVP/Towny Protection). PVP worlds allow griefing and raiding by following the rules within the factions and towny plugins for war. Survival is PVE only and uses GriefPrevention for its protections.
  • Custom Economy (APOC-Payday): Our economy is like no other, with one giant plugin (APOC-Payday) this plugin offers rewards for over 30 gameplay activities from killing mobs/players to crafting items. It also rewards you for voting with keys/kits to redeem for items and economy/exp/claimblocks. Our plugin also handles sign shops, player plots, automatic ranking, online/login rewards, and much more.
  • Admin & Player Shops: We provide basic vanilla items in the spawn tower for admin shops. And we leave the modded side for players to buy a plot in spawn, create a shop, and select their items and prices for their shop. We encourage a competitive player market on APOC. Our admin shops will not interfere with selling modded items.
  • Custom /help Commands: We have a custom menu of /help commands that explain everything on apoc. How to use our economy, claim systems, worlds, voting, shops, teleportation and homes, and much more. If these help commands cannot answer your questions, staff are available on the servers or on discord.
  • MCMMO & APOC-RPG: All of our servers come equipped with MCMMO and APOC-RPG which adds skills, bonus drops for actions, custom enchanted item drops from mobs, and randomly placed chests or structures with loot inside in the worlds.
  • Bungeecord: Our custom bungeecord server allows clients of any version to connect to our network & servers. Once connected to the server of your choice, you can communicate with everyone from every server, and see everyone who is online in the tab list from all servers.

Looking for Staff:

Voting & Reviewing Rewards:

• Voting for our network on one of the 36 vote sites listed on our /vote command in game or on our site at http://apocgaming.org/vote will give you 1 Common Key and 1 VoteKey.
  • Common keys are one of 4 types of item reward keys issued on the servers. These keys can be earned by voting, being online, or logging in daily. When redeemed they will give you one item out of a long list of possible rewards. The higher grade the key is the better the rewards. Redeeming keys like Common have a chance to upgrade to Uncommon, and Uncommon to Rare, etc.
  • Vote Keys are issued only for voting for sites, they give 1 EXP Level, $100 Economy, and 10 Claimblocks.
  • We also reward for reviewing our network/servers on vote sites and forums like this (technic). If you enjoy our servers, please write us a review by replying to this topic for $2500 Economy and 3 Rare keys as a reward. If you got any suggestions or ideas for improvement, we are open to change. Just let us know!

Edited by Zilacon
New post format.

We are looking for staff! Anyone can apply, you need to be mature and active.

Staff positions needed:

• Deus Admin (Head Admin for servers)
  • Admin
  • Sr Moderators
  • Moderators
  • Media Team Staff (Does let's plays and other videos for the server.)
  • Social Media Team Staff (Keeps our social media up to date on events and updates)

You can apply by clicking HERE

I understand banning Ddoors and mystcraft (They are always problematical) but as far as chunkloaders are concerned, dimensional anchor is about the most painless to use. just alter the config file to require a fuel.

I don't get banning redstone in motion at all. by restricting it and quarries, you have removed pretty much the entire reason to even have buildcraft installed. Might as well kill BC too. and, without quarries, you clearly don't need much in the way of power, so there goes big reactors. hmmm... now you have about half the modpack disabled. So why even bother calling it tekkit?

I understand banning Ddoors and mystcraft (They are always problematical) but as far as chunkloaders are concerned, dimensional anchor is about the most painless to use. just alter the config file to require a fuel.

I don't get banning redstone in motion at all. by restricting it and quarries, you have removed pretty much the entire reason to even have buildcraft installed. Might as well kill BC too. and, without quarries, you clearly don't need much in the way of power, so there goes big reactors. hmmm... now you have about half the modpack disabled. So why even bother calling it tekkit?

You obviously did not read the post at all before spitting at us.

The quarries are not banned, they are restricted to donators.

The mystcraft mod is not banned, it is restricted to donators.

The chunk loaders are not banned, they are restricted to donators.

Dimensional anchors configuration does not have a per chunk loader max chunk load setting like chicken chunks does. So it can be spammed. Not to mention it does not have that annoying caution stripe border.

Chicken chunks is unbanned because WE CAN set a limit to chunk loaders. The max set on our server FOR SUPPORTERS is 50 chunks, and a max of 25 chunks per loader.

You can place down 2 loaders 1 in the overworld and 1 in the nether and max them out, or you can spread out your 50 chunks between 4 chunk loaders.

We did not want to BAN the mods but LIMIT them so that the masses of mystcraft worlds do not bog down the server, the tons of quarries do not flood our tick queue, the chunk loaders do not load thousands of chunks with no players online.

Its just a simple $10.99/month donation and we give 1000% more perks than ANY other server for just ten bucks. I have seen servers ban simple commands like /back and you need to donate $25 to get access to that, on our server its free.

We are not out to steal everyone's money but like every minecraft server we need donators to pay for our servers. And we try to give as much perks to donators as we can while leaving a lot of the perks available for free to players.

If you buy supporter, guess what? You can make mystcraft worlds, and your friends can go in there with you, make homes there, do what they want in your worlds. But because you have access to them your friends can too.

Redstone in motion can be abused A LOT we experimented with it and the results were our server falling to its knees, and we have the best hardware you can get for a dedicated server... It's even overclocked as high as we can get it.

You got to remember that minecraft was not programmed to run on multiple cores, i don't know why mojang wont do this but they wont. It runs on 1 core for everything, and limiting a server to the processing power of a Pentium 4 CPU there is limits as to what you can have running for multiplayer servers.

We run 8 servers Brigadon, not 1, not 3, 8. And all of our servers run at a solid 20 TPS even with 30 people online. Because we tested things, weeded out the bad mods and the sources of lag. If we see a plugin we have with too many allocated threads we find a different one, its how we run our servers. Efficiently and at the best performance. We don't want to have a chatbox with people spamming LAG! LAG! OMG LAG! We want people to be able to play on our servers problem free.

So if your 3 problems were the 3 things that ARE NOT BANNED but simply restricted, become a supporter for $10 and you and all your friends can have access to those.

Edited by Zilacon

I wasn't spitting at you, I did not use profanity or call you any names at all. I was simply pointing out that your restrictions altered the core of tekkit.

and BTW, read your OP

"Banned Mods: Dimensional Doors, Dimensional Anchor, Redstone in Motion"

Banned.

I said I 'understand' banning mystcraft, because it is not a pack-defining mod, and brutalizes servers in almost every case except for a dedicated, owner-created mining world. (even then lower end servers pay for it in lag). Whether you banned it or not was not relevant.

I said quarries were 'restricted'.

Perhaps you should alter your OP to reflect this. This IS what potential donators look at, after all, before they choose a server.

In general, I do not have a problem with donating to dedicated, low-lag servers. I do, however, see witholding core mod elements from all but 'supporters' to step over the line into 'pay to play'. Cash shop for bonuses, special server commands or kits for supporters, awesome. Modpack elements? bad.

I do however appreciate the explanation for redstone in motion. I was equating it to redpower frames, and apparently it is not in the same league.

As for dimensional anchors, immibis.cfg contains the dimensional anchors configuration. It is set, default, to unlimited, but you can change the maximum allowable chunks. I don't think you can set it per-chunkloader, but you can absolutely set it both to require fuel (although if you do, I suggest allowing fuel to be piped in) and to have a total maximum chunkload value. You can ALSO set them so they will only load chunks while a player is online, which makes them have far more utility.

Please do not mistake my comments for rage, spitting, or aggression, I am quite interested in the server, I was simply raising some issues before I become invested in a community.

Edited by Brigadon

On 3/2/2014 at 9:58 AM, Brigadon said:

I wasn't spitting at you, I did not use profanity or call you any names at all. I was simply pointing out that your restrictions altered the core of tekkit.

and BTW, read your OP

"Banned Mods: Dimensional Doors, Dimensional Anchor, Redstone in Motion"

Banned.

From my understanding you had a part in programming BC, DA, and Restone in Motion, While you may think by removing "your work" from the modpack this does not give you the right to go and say I am destroying tekkit because of restricting mods that you are contradicting yourself on in every post.

You keep on mentioning the banned mods/items and then you go on about how im banning mystcraft and quarries etc. YOU keep on throwing the restricted mods/items into the banned items category when they ARE NOT banned.

I AM NOT going to put in redstone in motion or dimensional anchors simply because one of their developers is angry its not on the server.

You saying removing quarries removes the need for anything power hungry and destroys the whole purpose of power in tekkit? What about laser drills huh? You going to tell me those dont use energy?

They pretty much do the EXACT same thing as quarries, with NO LAG!

Lets end this conversation now as i do not want to get into a full blown argument over something that has been laid out to everyone in the original post.

Edited by Zilacon

Rebuilding the entire spawn!

Player shop plots now available to all players, contact staff to claim your plot!

Admin shops are being built, we will have everything from vanilla to modded items for sale and purchase!

We got a new teamspeak server through enjin, also a fancy ts3 status module on our enjin home page.

Join our teamspeak server by logging into our enjin site here: http://apocclangaming.enjin.com

OR

Login directly through ts3 by using this IP: apocclangaming.enjinvoice.com

Also we are working on our new Pixelmon server!

Come check it out!

We are still looking for staff, apply on our forums at http://apocgaming.org/f

We are looking for head admins, admins, sr moderators, moderators, graphic designers, programmers, advertisers, social media staff, video & livestream staff

Moved our B-Team to our new 2nd dedicated server to reduce cpu load on our main server.

This was causing TPS drops for all our other servers, so the lag issue should be fixed now.

The B-Team server is still online with the same port and ip, just running on a different server.

We are fixing ALL OF OUR VOTE SITES!

It has been about a year since we posted our voting sites and due to the amount of servers and work we have had to do they have been kinda neglected.

Over the next week all of our vote sites will be updated and old ones that don't work removed and hopefully replaced by new websites.

All voting from here on out will be on our enjin website so we can reward players for their votes at the end of the month.

• 2 weeks later...

ALL APOC SERVERS will be resetting their worlds and splitting their purposes into different worlds via multiverse as explained in this post:

http://apocclangaming.enjin.com/home/m/20908632/article/2234157

This way we will not need to reset the worlds that players build their houses/bases in and we can safely reset any modded worlds to replenish mod resources and dungeons.

We are still supporting supporter player data backups/transfers to new worlds and schematic saves of homes of 75x75 in size if you have premium supporter or higher.