Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bresey

Attack of the B-Team Server Setup on Mac [HELP]

5 posts in this topic

Hey so I'm trying to setup my own AOTBT server on my Mac, but I'm not sure what I need to fix. I've setup a vanilla server on my mac, so I have somewhat of an idea of setting it up, and have already forwarded my port.

One thing I noticed was that the 'launch.bat' file will not open saying that I dont have the proper application to open it.

If there's anyone that can help me with setting it up, or letting me know if it's even possible to setup on a mac, it would be much appreciated!

Try making a file called launch.sh in that folder with the following text in it;

#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui

So you know what that does;
#!/bin/bash
Tells MacOS which script interpreter to use for the following lines (Bourne Again Shell)
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
Makes the script run in the current directory that you clicked it on in the MacOS GUI
exec java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui
This one's like the windows one essentially, it translates to;
Run the Java compiler with maximum allowed memory 3GB, start with 2GB allocated memory, open the BTeam.jar file and use the nogui argument on it (doesn't display the full server window, minecraft thing).

Then it should "Just Works"?

Should i create a start.command text for it? The launch.bat doesnt work.

Yeah, call it launch.command instead if you just want to be able to click it, that's fine.  It should have the same thing in it as that launch.sh example I gave you (a .sh file is just a .command file that needs to be run from the console anyway).

• Similar Content

• [1.7.10] MLG 420 Dicks for Harambe Server Modpack [Tech+RPG+Economy]
      By spruill7716
      This modpack allows you to connect to the Harbor Way Server! We're a RPG, Economy based server that implements real-world political, economic, and social aspects into Minecraft. The modpack includes several tech mods including IC2, Mekanism, TConstruct, TMechworks, Buildcraft, ComputerCraft, and many more! Our official mod list is located on the front page of our Technic home screen. Note, some mods may be pending permissions from the mod authors. I hope you enjoy your stay!
      Server Website: http://harborwayserver.weebly.com/
      PMC Post: http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/citycraft-harbor-way-server-rpgeconomy-2802806/
      Technic Page: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/harbor-way-server-mod-pack.343241

• Server And Staff
      By ac130inthe92
      The server is very nice but. Theres always a but, in the 10 hours I have been on I havn't seen ANY staff at all this seems to be a big problem.
      The lag is also quite the issue but I don't blame you guys for it.
      Its yet again very nice server.
      ac130inthe92 is my GT I need them tokens plz.
    • [3.1.2] VintaCraft! Tekkit Classic Server [Whitelisted] [NoPvp] [Friendly Community]
      By Vintagent
      ACTIVE AS OF JULY 23rd, 2016
      Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and Gir-- HA! There are no girls on this forum, although if you are a girl, you are still welcome to join my server. Okay, jokes are over, let's get down to business. My name is James (Vintagent) and last year I started a fresh single player world on the modpack TekkitClassic. After about a month or so I started to get bored, so there sat my single player world, cold, alone, tired, hungry, until one day I decided that I was sick of playing games alone. Lo and behold, VintaCraft was born! VintaCraft is a TekkitClassic server that is all about building a friendly community to help each other out. Whether it is huge builds, crazy machines, funny pranks, or just chillin out, VintaCraft is the place to be. No need for competitive playing, raiding, or griefing in any way. We play with each other for each other.Now, here are some specifics..

Vintacraft
      Tekkit Version 3.1.2 Whitelist is enabled, please email me [email protected] message me through the forums and just ask me to give you the required information that is to be filled out for an application.  Pvp is disabled, I want a friendly and fun community. Nobody like this ==>  There are absolutely no banned items, I want everyone to have the full TekkitClassic experience, but you need to be responsible and respectful. GRIEFING AND RAIDING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, either act will result in an immediate ban from the server, with no hopes of returning. This includes scamming, "trolling", hacking, or client side mods that are going to give you a leg up, just play clean and fair, and you'll have fun. Essentials is the only plugin on the server, there are no mods or admins that contribute, just me. So far there are 13 whitelisted players! I am looking to have anywhere from 20-25. Friendly Pranks, jokes and whatnot are always in good fun, as long as they are reasonable. Server runs roughly 24/7 Running from the East Coast of the USA Nether and the End are enabled World and Dimensional anchors are not banned or limited, but I advise not using them as they tend to cause server lag Must be 16+ years old to play (The age restriction is here for maturity purposes only, if you are under the age of 16 and wish to fill out an application, please feel free to email me anyway to prove your maturity. Just be honest about your age, it is not going to jeopardize whether or not you are accepted.  
      Please take into consideration the style of server I am trying to run. I'm always open to suggestions about adding plugins and whatnot, let me know if you are interested. Thanks,
      -James

Sidebar: I'd offer photos of what we've done so far but apparently the file size is too large for 1 screenshot.
      <--Sweet Moves

• [SERVERSIDE] [ComputerCraft] How to change the terminal height and width
      By Nukious
      Hi, I'd like to know how I can change the terminal width and size via the ComputerCraft config for my Tekkit Classic server.
      I've tried changing terminal_width and terminal_height, but they only seem to work on singleplayer and if I edit them on the server's config, nobody is affected.
      Here is my config...
      #MLProperties: name (type:default) min:max -- information #MLProp : computerBlockID (int:207) #MLProp : diskDriveBlockID (int:208) #MLProp : diskItemID (int:4000) #MLProp : diskDriveGUIID (int:100) #MLProp : enableAPI_http (int:0) #MLProp : modem_range (int:64) #MLProp : modem_rangeDuringStorm (int:1) # #Fri Jul 22 00:59:10 CEST 2016 terminal_width=100 terminal_textColour_g=255 modem_rangeDuringStorm=16 computerBlockID=207 diskItemID=4000 diskDriveBlockID=208 enableAPI_http=1 terminal_textColour_b=0 checksum=440 terminal_textColour_r=0 modem_range=64 diskDriveGUIID=100 terminal_height=36 What do I do? As you can see I've set terminal_height and terminal_width to twice the default, however, only the HTTP API setting seems to actually change something in this config file.
      I'm quite stumped here, my singleplayer configuration has no effect on servers too!
      If possible, I'd like to make the default text colour green as well, to make the ComputerCraft terminals on my server look like the RedPower computers.
    • [1.7.10] World Automation by CraftersLand [PvP][60slots][Galacticraft3][TechPack]
      By brunyman
      Website || Community Forum

Server Address: wa.craftersland.net

This is a custom modpack that can be found on Tekkit Launcher with the modpack name World Automation. It's inspired by the main 1.6.4 Tekkit modpack but updated to 1.7.10 and some more technic mods. Thanks to Galacticraft 3 you can now travel to Moon, Mars and the Asteroid Belt. Adventure in space and explore stuff beyond Mars! This is an 100% technic modpack, it's a mechanic dream.

Tutorial for installing the modpack. Modds list. Tekkit modpack page. Server Features
      Hosted on a dedicated server. Online 24/7. Friendly staff Grief reduced to minium. Restricted items list. Economy system: Players Market, Auctions and Server Shops. Players can turn PVP on or off. MyTown2 mod for protection. Startup kits, random teleport and much more. Server live maps. The Community
      CraftersLand is a Minecraft Community founded on August 2011, first started with a survival server after a wile we opened our first modded server. Now after more then 2 years we learned a lot and we try to provide as good and as advanced servers as possible. We also have a community forum where you can post problems on our servers or if you need any help.

Join Us!

wa.craftersland.net

Space Age Machines. A mechanic dream!