Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bresey

Attack of the B-Team Server Setup on Mac [HELP]

5 posts in this topic

Hey so I'm trying to setup my own AOTBT server on my Mac, but I'm not sure what I need to fix. I've setup a vanilla server on my mac, so I have somewhat of an idea of setting it up, and have already forwarded my port.

One thing I noticed was that the 'launch.bat' file will not open saying that I dont have the proper application to open it.

If there's anyone that can help me with setting it up, or letting me know if it's even possible to setup on a mac, it would be much appreciated!

Try making a file called launch.sh in that folder with the following text in it;

#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui

So you know what that does;
#!/bin/bash
Tells MacOS which script interpreter to use for the following lines (Bourne Again Shell)
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
Makes the script run in the current directory that you clicked it on in the MacOS GUI
exec java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui
This one's like the windows one essentially, it translates to;
Run the Java compiler with maximum allowed memory 3GB, start with 2GB allocated memory, open the BTeam.jar file and use the nogui argument on it (doesn't display the full server window, minecraft thing).

Then it should "Just Works"?

Yeah, call it launch.command instead if you just want to be able to click it, that's fine.  It should have the same thing in it as that launch.sh example I gave you (a .sh file is just a .command file that needs to be run from the console anyway).

• Similar Content

• By BAG
      Yes, before anyone asks, java -version gives me this:
      So I'm using java 8. Technic launcher is still stuck on the loading screen. Please help!
    • By LEXONTHEBEST
      Technic page
      This is my modpack, it is made from mods focused on tech, warfare, space-exploring and industry, however it includes some furniture and decoration mods as well.
      Here is a Discord server of the modpack, it includes all the info as well as help and support Discord server instant invite, Note: you do NOT need to register or log in to join the Discord server.
      Mod suggestions are welcome !
      The modpack also includes a server pack for those who want to make their own server and play with firends
      This modpack includes everything needed to live peacefully and make the ultimate automated self-sustained factory and enjoy the ultimate matter-antimatter space war and  discover strange new worlds and space where no minecrafter has gone ever before. There are soooooo many different possibilities...

Thank you for reading this, I hope you try the modpack, for any information feel free to join the discord and ask any questions

• By SomplyH
      i have a ported server for people to join i will be recording i only have space for 10 i will be adding more space later if u would like to be whitlisted pm me and i will add u dw u will not have to sign up to anything to join just send me a message of ur MC name so i can add u and send you the ip 

hope to hear back soon 

• By hperd
      Edit: I just tested to only run Minecraft without the Server, going into a Single Player World and the RAM usage is going up contunously. I set the RAM usage in the Technic Launcher to 4GB, why is it then going higher than that?
      So I'm running a Server with the Mod Pack "After Humans" and I provided the start.bat with the Java Arguments "-Xmx 4G -Xms-1G" and in the Technic Launcher I set the maximum RAM usage to 4GB.
      When the Server is running it is taking around 2.5GB to 3GB of RAM in maximum but the strange thing is, when Minecraft itself is running it's starting at 2GB and is going continously up? Yesterday for example it went to around 8.6GB RAM? If I'm pressing inside Minecraft F3 to see the usage of RAM it says it's using 1.3 to 1.6GB of 4096MB but in the Task Manager it's going continuesly up... Why is that?
      Is Java just adding the Arguments from TL and Server.bat up to one (8GB)?
      Everytime Java is using all my RAM my computer starts to bug out (black monitors / explorer is crashing / can't see my desktop symbols anymore / ...).
      I hope someone can help me out.
      My System is as follows: 16GB RAM, i7-4770, GTX 1060, Win 10 64 bit
    • By TheJamessss
      So i have a tricky problem for whoever would like to help. I've been playing minecraft for a while, but Lan servers worked too inconsistently for me and my friends (We use Hamachi), so I decided to set up a server for us to play on using my IPv4. The server worked pretty well, but all of the mods were broken. Like they would appear in NEI, but you couldn't craft or spawn in any items from the modpacks. I searched around for a bit and found that my system didn't have enough RAM for the heap dump. It gave me this message: 
      C:\Users\Joseph\Desktop\B-Team>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap C:\Users\Joseph\Desktop\B-Team>pause Press any key to continue . . . So I, thinking I was tech savvy enough to fix it, tried to add a Enviornment variable to fix this issue
      Name: _JAVA_OPTIONS
      Value: -Xmx512M
      Now, whenever I try to launch, it gives me a different issue:
      C:\Users\Joseph\Desktop\B-Team>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M Error occurred during initialization of VM Initial heap size set to a larger value than the maximum heap size C:\Users\Joseph\Desktop\B-Team>pause Press any key to continue . . . So now I'm stuck. Im not sure what exactly to do or if I'm even going in the right direction to fix my issue. I think my files are correct and in order, but look at this https://imgur.com/a/n9QmP to verify. Any and all help would be much appreciated!