Failed to download my custom pack

GusN

• Discord Moderator
  • Your modpack link in your pack is not a "direct" download. It must be so in order for the launcher to recognize it.
  • You have mods in the "coremods" folder. Forge/MC 1.6.4 does not use a coremods folder. Everything goes in "mods".
  • Many (very many) of your mods seem like they are out of date. Might load into 1.6.4, but definitely newer versions exist.
  • You aren't including any config files in your pack. In a pack with this many mods, that is most likely fatal.

• Your modpack link in your pack is not a "direct" download. It must be so in order for the launcher to recognize it.
  • You have mods in the "coremods" folder. Forge/MC 1.6.4 does not use a coremods folder. Everything goes in "mods".
  • Many (very many) of your mods seem like they are out of date. Might load into 1.6.4, but definitely newer versions exist.
  • You aren't including any config files in your pack. In a pack with this many mods, that is most likely fatal.

Thank you, this helped a lot, I fixed the indirect download link and moved all mods from coremods to mods, after loading the modpack once some config files generated. I reloaded the pack and before the title screen there was an error that said to look at ForgeModLoader-client-0.log. After that, the title screen loaded normally and then crashed when I tried to create a new world. Now, when I try to start the pack it crashes back to the Technic launcher before I get to the title screen.

ForgeModLoader-client-0.log: http://pastebin.com/u0rM5S15

Edit: I installed Numina for ModularPowersuits. I updated almost all of ChickenBones' mods (newer versions were released), Now just to wait for technicpack.net to come back online so that I can test it.

Edited by GusN

• 3 months later...

I am having the same error.

I checked my link, and unless I'm mistaken, the way you get it is hit "Share Link", exit out of the email window, right-click the download button, and hit "copy link address". I used that for my link.

Also, I re-installed my Technic launcher to make sure, purged my Dropbox, and cleared most of my computer. yet it is still not working. I have made working modpacks before, and have never had this error untill now.  

• Discord Moderator

@Alpha2Beta: It is muchly preferred for users requesting help for a specific problem to start a new thread and not hijack existing requests for assistance. Even though your problems may be (or seem) similar they are often different in some way and distract from the current thread's narrative.