Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GusN

Failed to download my custom pack

7 posts in this topic

• Your modpack link in your pack is not a "direct" download. It must be so in order for the launcher to recognize it.
  • You have mods in the "coremods" folder. Forge/MC 1.6.4 does not use a coremods folder. Everything goes in "mods".
  • Many (very many) of your mods seem like they are out of date. Might load into 1.6.4, but definitely newer versions exist.
  • You aren't including any config files in your pack. In a pack with this many mods, that is most likely fatal.

• Your modpack link in your pack is not a "direct" download. It must be so in order for the launcher to recognize it.
  • You have mods in the "coremods" folder. Forge/MC 1.6.4 does not use a coremods folder. Everything goes in "mods".
  • Many (very many) of your mods seem like they are out of date. Might load into 1.6.4, but definitely newer versions exist.
  • You aren't including any config files in your pack. In a pack with this many mods, that is most likely fatal.

Thank you, this helped a lot, I fixed the indirect download link and moved all mods from coremods to mods, after loading the modpack once some config files generated. I reloaded the pack and before the title screen there was an error that said to look at ForgeModLoader-client-0.log. After that, the title screen loaded normally and then crashed when I tried to create a new world. Now, when I try to start the pack it crashes back to the Technic launcher before I get to the title screen.

ForgeModLoader-client-0.log: http://pastebin.com/u0rM5S15

Edit: I installed Numina for ModularPowersuits. I updated almost all of ChickenBones' mods (newer versions were released), Now just to wait for technicpack.net to come back online so that I can test it.

I am having the same error.

I checked my link, and unless I'm mistaken, the way you get it is hit "Share Link", exit out of the email window, right-click the download button, and hit "copy link address". I used that for my link.

Also, I re-installed my Technic launcher to make sure, purged my Dropbox, and cleared most of my computer. yet it is still not working. I have made working modpacks before, and have never had this error untill now.  

@Alpha2Beta: It is muchly preferred for users requesting help for a specific problem to start a new thread and not hijack existing requests for assistance. Even though your problems may be (or seem) similar they are often different in some way and distract from the current thread's narrative.

• Similar Content

• By AO_Playz
      Hi there, when I download my modpack it downloads perfectly fine, but there are no mods, and I provided the dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxbelaa0rotd4: v1/Thology Craft.zip?dl=1

My modpack link is: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/thology-craft.1319467
    • By AO_Playz
      Hi, When I try to download my modpack, I get an error message that says it cannot download the modpack.
      The modpack link is: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/thology-craft.1319467|

Please help.

• By ItzBoris
      Hello everyone.I recently bought minecraft and I decided to download technic launcher.I opened it,selected a folder and nothing happened.I tried serval times and different folders and still.Waited like 10-15 minutes.On my C drive I have only 10GB space left so I tried downloading it on an USB with 29GB and on my D drive with 530GB left.I opened the tank manager and it only showed a working java process and it wasn’t minecraft.Thank you!

• By Danny84
      Hello,
      I'm having trouble getting Tekkit Legends to launch. When I click "play" in the launcher, it validates all the files, but then just goes back to the launcher as if nothing had happened. Here is the log. I have tried resetting the modpack multiple times, to no avail. I am able to launch vanilla through the technic launcher, but not tekkit legends.
      Any help is much appreciated!