Socket Write Error

Browning

This is a standard error message that you'll get if you're having trouble communicating with the server.

It could be firewalls at your end, firewalls at their end, not enough bandwidth at their end or some fault in java at your end (something wrong in those libs would break multiplayer on normal minecraft too though, so if that's currently working it's something to do with that server specifically).

Have you tried other servers, just to make sure you can connect?

This is a standard error message that you'll get if you're having trouble communicating with the server.

It could be firewalls at your end, firewalls at their end, not enough bandwidth at their end or some fault in java at your end (something wrong in those libs would break multiplayer on normal minecraft too though, so if that's currently working it's something to do with that server specifically).

Have you tried other servers, just to make sure you can connect?

I have tried diffrent servers on Attack Of The B-Team and the same thing happends.

Right, well the good news is that means it's probably something that's on your end so you can fix it.

The bad news is now you have to find out what in order to fix it.

Can you post the client log from that when it happens, please?

The file should be in the %AppData%.technicmodpacksattack-of-the-bteam folder and is called output-client.log

Please rename your current one before starting to keep it short (it'll generate a new clean one), then start from the launcher, connect to a server, get that error message, quit immediately.  Hopefully it'll give us more info.

Right, well the good news is that means it's probably something that's on your end so you can fix it.

The bad news is now you have to find out what in order to fix it.

Can you post the client log from that when it happens, please?

The file should be in the %AppData%.technicmodpacksattack-of-the-bteam folder and is called output-client.log

Please rename your current one before starting to keep it short (it'll generate a new clean one), then start from the launcher, connect to a server, get that error message, quit immediately.  Hopefully it'll give us more info.

What do you mean by "Please Rename You'r Current One Before Starting To Keep It Short"?

You'll have a file called output-client.log, it'll be a list of all the information that's ever been output to the client since you've been playing b-team, every item you've ever spawned, every server message or chat message you've seen, anything like that.

If you rename it (output-client2.log, for example), then it'll make a new, empty version of output-client.log which it'll then fill with information about that time you run it.  This means no-one can mix up the current problem with old ones, and keeps the size down to a minimum for you uploading and people scrolling through.

Cool, can you paste whats in that notepad file on this site and link it to me, please?

http://paste.ubuntu.com

Hopefully it's got some helpful info in it, it'll be a place to start at least.

(The new message is a similar thing, by the way, it's usually caused by a TCP timeout which means the connection is getting stopped somewhere, which we kinda knew but it's nice to see some more confirmation).

Edited by Loader

Cool, can you paste whats in that notepad file on this site and link it to me, please?

http://paste.ubuntu.com

Hopefully it's got some helpful info in it, it'll be a place to start at least.

(The new message is a similar thing, by the way, it's usually caused by a TCP timeout which means the connection is getting stopped somewhere, which we kinda knew but it's nice to see some more confirmation).

Not sure if that will help because I have got many diffren't promblems with the game I can post those 2. When it comes down to it I am getting more DC'ed due to "SOCKET WRITE ERROR"

Edited by Browning

It's probably the exact same problem, you're losing connection to the server somehow.  The different errors are in relation to when - one error when you're trying to send info to the server, one error when you're waiting for info from the server (that never arrives).

These are all the end result though, we need to get to the cause - it's like these are "the car won't start" and we need to find out why (there can be a lot of causes).

Oh wow, that error takes me back - I saw it in Minecraft years ago, didn't know it was still a thing (used to be caused by a bug they fixed though).

Couple questions now;

1: How much RAM do you have set in the launcher? (click cog in top right)

2: How much RAM does the game indicate when playing? (press F3 in game, should say an amount in the top right, screenshot of that is fine).

Edit: Do you have a texture/resource pack like PureBDCraft installed?

Edited by Loader