Voltz beta v3.0.0c going live, many bugfixes included!

Skuli

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, there has been a huge amount of miscommunication and misunderstandings that are not being taken care of.

First thing: Mekanism will not be coming back. It is no longer a UE mod, and was removed for this reason, as it uses its own power system now.

Second Thing: Rotary Craft was added for its compatability with UE IIRC and to extend the early version of Resonant Induction. I do not think that will be removed.

Third Thing: Electric Expansion will not come back. It died a long time ago, and is not going to be revived.

Ok. I've accepted the fact that mekanism is not coming back, even though it's my 3rd favorite mod ever (under EE2 and minechem)

Also I have discovered that resonant induction is actually pretty cool, just overly complicated (but I can get about 8-10x ore production!) Again, rotary craft really serves no purpose, mine factory can do most of what it can more simply and with higher yields for less power (plus its ore production is only about 5x). However, I did find a way to convert rotary craft power to UE power (electric generator) and vice versa (electric motor). However, these crash your game when you try to connect them to any kind of wiring, and won't connect directly to modular batteries.

So, these are my complaints.

1. Fix the crash with electric generators and motors

2. Make power armor chargeable (yes, I know about the charge pads in resonant induction, they don't work)

3. Have a way to easily create bronze for use in atomic science

4. Have better unification of rotary craft and resonant induction without having to rely on power converters

Got the biggestr issue with the rotarycraft issue : it makes icbm useless : you can place bedrock and this makes icbm useless because unly antimatter place right next to bedrock can break it . so the deep bunkers cant be destroyed with any explosive sent by missles

I did find a way to convert rotary craft power to UE power (electric generator) and vice versa (electric motor). However, these crash your game when you try to connect them to any kind of wiring, and won't connect directly to modular batteries.

So, these are my complaints.

1. Fix the crash with electric generators and motors

This is a show-stopper. Voltz 3 is unplayable, and I'm kind of mad about losing a world, especially since it took a week of work to get to build the electric generator.

I don't know who the modpack authors are, but they sure didn't try playing it. A full crash report and explanation of this error has been posted in the bugtracker for a week now and there is no response. Are there any developers here? 

Why am I not playing FTB?

First thing: Mekanism will not be coming back. It is no longer a UE mod, and was removed for this reason, as it uses its own power system now.

Please put in Mekanism! Please! This pack will be nothing without it. 

keep playing on 2.0.4 .... It will remain the most played version ( at least untill they decide to get mekanism back in...)

take the stuff you lost from creative

Look, guys, that's a UE developer right there telling us why Mekanism was removed.

Edited by dwwojcik

Look, guys, that's a UE developer right there telling us why Mekanism was removed.

Well, there were disagreements between these mods and the Ue developer said fine your no longer part of Ue. Mekanism will have a crossover mod that will be allow it to be used with UE. For now, rant at UE mod pack owner or shut up. All this negative feedback really stopped the new voltz version, although it was a bit premature to update it this soon but still.

Edited by Shadow278

I've started a 3.0 version of Voltz, and all is working well. But I am having trouble with finding out how to get plugins. Because the core-mods folder is gone, I don't know where to put the bukkitforge .jar file. Does it go into the 1.6.4 file inside the mods folder? If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated! 

Edited by Zroid56789

Ok so to update I have confirmed why mekanism was rejected from 3.0.

Needless to say my own testing mekanism STILL bugs the server out and STILL has dupe issues. Its primarily compatibility issues between it and other mods.

Sadly because of this I highly doubt it will ever go back into voltz. Heck even in the current voltz most server crashes are due to mekanism, that includes why the moon and Space is banned (aside from the lag issues it does crash while in space stations)

Simple issue if someone could tell me.

I have build fission reactors a few times using the reactor turbines with usually a uni cable or copper.

In 3.0.0c though, I can't find any cables or wires that will connect to the turbines. Please just let me know, because I have tried everything.

I just don't get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else getting this issue when right clicking a compressor from GC?

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.api.recipe.CompressorRecipes.findMatchingRecipe(Lnet/minecraft/inventory/IInventory;Lnet/minecraft/world/World;)Lnet/minecraft/item/ItemStack;
	at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.tile.GCCoreTileEntityIngotCompressor.updateInput(GCCoreTileEntityIngotCompressor.java:138)
	at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.inventory.GCCoreContainerIngotCompressor.func_75130_a(GCCoreContainerIngotCompressor.java:80)
	at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.inventory.PersistantInventoryCrafting.func_70299_a(PersistantInventoryCrafting.java:149)
	at net.minecraft.inventory.Slot.func_75215_d(Slot.java:107)
	at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75131_a(SourceFile:391)
	at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72486_a(NetClientHandler.java:1288)
	at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet104WindowItems.func_73279_a(SourceFile:45)
	at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:462)
	at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:281)
	at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72835_b(WorldClient.java:99)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1930)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Client crashes instantly after right clicking any type of compressor...

• 4 weeks later...