How to find Blizz?

Kotja

They are part of TE and supposedly drop one necessary ingredient for Gelid Cryotheum. I think they are an ice version of blazes, and their drop is a kind of "ice blaze rod".

I have never seen one in Tekkit, although I heard talk about them on TE discussion. Maybe they are disabled in Tekkit?

They are rare, but definitely not disabled :P They spawn in snowy biomes and, I believe, only at night (or in dark areas), just like other mobs, but they dont seem to burn in daylight (the only ones I've met were during the dawn). You could place a chunkloader in a snow biome and just visit it again after some time. There will probably be some.

I've found them in the Deep Dark dimension added by Extra Utilities.  Have fun with that, I wouldn't recommend going there until you have an upgraded power suit and jetpack; night vision is a must.  Bring plenty of torches, staying in the darkness for too long starts to damage you.

you can obtain blizz powder by infusing snow ball with 200mB ob liquid redstone (and blaze powder by using glowstone instead of snowball but you still need blaze rods to make other things and blazes are easier to find)

BTW, I also find lots of Blizzes in the Underdark/Deep Dark, the dimension added by Extra Utilities. To date, it's the only place anyone on my server has seen them, none have been spotted in snowy biomes, or anything else.

The Deep Dark is a dimension supposedly under the bedrock of the overworld? idk. Anyway, is seems to have denser ores, and some good loot in some temples, but if you in an unlit area for more than 30 seconds, you start to take half a heart of damage a second.

As for blowing up, if you craft gold nugget over a division sigil, then diamond (divide gold by diamond? lol) you can craft stable unstable nuggets, and then craft 9 of them into a "stable unstable ingot". Actually have it working with my AE system. They cost a lot more than the unstable ingots that blow up, but you can automate it. Still requires and activated division sigil as normal though.

gnNvLa1.png

Thank you very much for that hint. With EE3 working, getting stacks of diamonds is far less difficult than it used to be.

Now I just have to figure out how to get a division sigil...

Now I just have to figure out how to get a division sigil...

I've gotten all mine as random loot from dungeon/minecart chests, as well as dropping when killing the nether. Between myself and the players working with me, I've gotten about 8 in the last week or two, and with 256 uses, they should last you a decent amount of time. I'm not doing crazy crafting with unstable ingots, so I'm still on my first sigil.

btw, for those who don't know, after you get a sigil, you have to "activate" it. The ritual is as follows:

• place an enchanting table (MUST be on grass, and have a clear line of sight to the sky, must be surrounded by grass/dirt blocks)
  • surround the table with a line of redstone dust
  • at midnight (in the overworld, Tried in a mystcraft world, seemed that it still was attuned to overworld time, even though it was midday in the mystcraft world), sneak+right click the table with the sigil, it will tell you to then make a sacrific
  • place a non-hostile mob ON the table (easiest to just have a sheep or something in a safari net)
  • kill the mob
  • lighting should strike the table, and turn the grass around it into cursed earth. This will cause LOTS of mobs to spawn and attack you. My friends who weren't in power armour watching were quickly slaughtered :(

Ok, no Blizz sighted, but my Taiga peaceful table got me 4 Blizz rods after I let it do its thing (chunk-loaded) for a few ingame days. I can also confirm that snowballs work. Just place them in a Fluid Transposer and apply Destabilized Redstone (you got me confused by saying "infuse", which made me build an Energetic Infuser first).