【Hexplore-It Modpack 】〖TechnicSolder〗Creates a beautiful and DANGEROUS world that begs to be explored!!! (。◕‿◕。)

mine_my_own_bizz

Ok, suggestion time...

So I am currently working with a company on getting an official server up and running.

This server will have RIDICULOUS specs.

Here is where I need suggestions from YOU, the people that have been playing the pack. I would like to know what suggestions you might have for server plugins, etc...

The company I am currently partnered with has specialized in raid/pvp/faction type servers previously but Hexplore-It obviously has a much different play style.

So, what would YOUR ideal Hexplore-It server look like?

Would it have plugins like Towny? Just Grief Prevention? Or maybe it would have Factions? What about possible RPG plugins?

Also what types of worlds? Just one PvE world? A PvP world? Etc...

Any and all ideas are welcome, I would love to hear your suggestions.

Aaand GO!

My server currently runs Chestshop, Citizens, Clearlag, Essentials, Factions, Vault, WorldEdit and WorldGuard. You might also want to use Anti-Cheat plugins for a public server, and PermissonsEx if you have access to a MySQL instance.

I would also highly recommend you set up a Multiworld plugin so that you can have separate adventure worlds with routine resets, otherwise they get "used up" very quickly.

My server currently runs Chestshop, Citizens, Clearlag, Essentials, Factions, Vault, WorldEdit and WorldGuard. You might also want to use Anti-Cheat plugins for a public server, and PermissonsEx if you have access to a MySQL instance.

I would also highly recommend you set up a Multiworld plugin so that you can have separate adventure worlds with routine resets, otherwise they get "used up" very quickly.

Thanks for the quick response. MultiWorld is already set-up and Worldborder is generating/filling the map(s). We talked about the routine resets for precisely that reason.

This list you provided is similar to what I have been pondering. Thanks again!

Keep the suggestions coming people. :D

I love this pack it's pretty awesome and for some suggestions I have none, but will 2nd dizzysoul suggestions because it's a really solid list.

Edit: oh I just thought of a suggestion. Make sure to put in a rule regarding starting up villages from both Millenaire and MCA so people are just spamming sprawling quagmires of npcs. Example would be about one millenaire village per decent size faction and keeping Mca npcs around 7 (somewhere around that number maybe?) per player or something like that. wild Mca/millenaire villages would be free game tho for looting or deletion on the main world if you go multi-world on the server.

Edited by Nefzen

I love this pack it's pretty awesome and for some suggestions I have none, but will 2nd dizzysoul suggestions because it's a really solid list.

Edit: oh I just thought of a suggestion. Make sure to put in a rule regarding starting up villages from both Millenaire and MCA so people are just spamming sprawling quagmires of npcs. Example would be about one millenaire village per decent size faction and keeping Mca npcs around 7 (somewhere around that number maybe?) per player or something like that. wild Mca/millenaire villages would be free game tho for looting or deletion on the main world if you go multi-world on the server.

Going to make Millenaire's Summoning Wand available only to certain ranks I'm thinking, along with chunkloaders of course. So far it is looking like we will be using the GriefProtection Plugin so it will be interesting to see how that works-out with village protections. I am sure there is plenty of items in the pack that will bypass protections.

*side note. Overworld is generated to 10k worldborder. Nether is generated to 5k worldborder. The End is generated to 5k worldborder... I am working on the others as we speak. I will include the server automagically in the server list in the upcoming update. :D

Going to make Millenaire's Summoning Wand available only to certain ranks I'm thinking, along with chunkloaders of course. So far it is looking like we will be using the GriefProtection Plugin so it will be interesting to see how that works-out with village protections. I am sure there is plenty of items in the pack that will bypass protections.

*side note. Overworld is generated to 10k worldborder. Nether is generated to 5k worldborder. The End is generated to 5k worldborder... I am working on the others as we speak. I will include the server automagically in the server list in the upcoming update. :D

nice :neckbeard: I can't wait till I can play this fine pack with other people and start :catholic: converting willing MCA villagers into slaves... I mean loyal subjects of whoever is king/dictator/overlord in whatever faction I join on the server next update.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great, I hope it's soon.

Do you think it will be today or tomorrow?

Oh man do I wish! I hope that it is open to the public in the next week but I can't promise anything since I'm not sure what all the devs have going.

Vote +1 for Marauder :black101: :black101: :black101:

RAAAAWR For Pillage and loot!!!

I like that one as well!

Its all good man, in about a week and a half I will be home without the wife and kids for 3 whole weeks.

I hope its out by then so I can play the crap outta it :D LOL

Hell, if I could get a week or 2 like that I might actually be able to finish the work myself lol

I would say Ore/essence bushes and Manyullyn blocks as some suggestion for perks. You could also have eggs of some common animals as perks for people to donate for so they can kick start a farm up.

Already had a village wand in mind but manyullyn and oreberries are great ideas. Thank you!

I know there are a few lurkers out there with a few suggestions. Come on out don't be shy no one is gonna to bite your head off. :kiddo:

I don't want the server to be decided on a few suggestions instead the whole group of people with tons suggestions :h:.

Edited by Nefzen