Best Mystcraft Age for Quarries

Haxotic

Hello, I am looking for some insight into confusing but exciting world of Mystcraft. I was wondering with all the symbols out there, what would be the ideal age to mine with quarries? I want sapphires, rubies, emeralds, quartz, nether quartz, glowstone, and if possible even crystal. I know dense ores is unstable so that would not be an option. What symbols would I use to get a combination like this? Thank you!

Edited by Haxotic

simple.  try the following:

no weather, normal or bright lighting(to give your world a good base to start with and this way you don't have to deal with random rain/thunderstorms)

stone block, water block, flat.(so it's flat obviously, and has stone and water instead of say, lava and nether rack...)

extreme hills biome, "either plains, desert, or forest biome", ocean biome, ocean biome, "medium or small biomes"(this combo gets you emeralds, the gems, and a good chance of finding those no matter where you setup your quarry.  It also makes it so the world is an endless shallow ocean 1 too 2 blocks deep with water, ideal for a quarry to run in.

Zenith, Zero Length, Normal Sun(Gives you a world of perpetual sunshine with the sun always at noon position.  you might have to use more then one copy of zero length to keep the sun stationary)(this world can also double as a farming age since plants will grow slightly quicker here then in the overworld due to constant daytime.)

Glowstone block, crystaline formations(for glowstone formations you can mine by hand, some will be underground.)

nether quartz ore block, sphere.(for large amounts of nether quartz in sphere shaped formations. both above and under the ground.)

crystal block, crystaline formations(for crystal blocks in formations you can mine by hand, some will be underground.  note: having both crystal and glowstone crystal formations increases the chance of instability...)

lava block, deep lakes(to give you a better chance of getting obsidian blocks from your quarry.)

adding features like caves, ravines, mineshafts, and strongholds makes the world more interesting to quarry.

This age should be stable enough to work in, if not try again.  Some random feature might have been added that makes it less stable.  it's all a matter of chance, usually you'll get a good age to use, sometimes you wont.

Edited by jakalth

simple.  try the following:

no weather, normal or bright lighting(to give your world a good base to start with and this way you don't have to deal with random rain/thunderstorms)

stone block, water block, flat.(so it's flat obviously, and has stone and water instead of say, lava and nether rack...)

extreme hills biome, "either plains, desert, or forest biome", ocean biome, ocean biome, "medium or small biomes"(this combo gets you emeralds, the gems, and a good chance of finding those no matter where you setup your quarry.  It also makes it so the world is an endless shallow ocean 1 too 2 blocks deep with water, ideal for a quarry to run in.

Zenith, Zero Length, Normal Sun(Gives you a world of perpetual sunshine with the sun always at noon position.  you might have to use more then one copy of zero length to keep the sun stationary)(this world can also double as a farming age since plants will grow slightly quicker here then in the overworld due to constant daytime.)

Glowstone block, crystaline formations(for glowstone formations you can mine by hand, some will be underground.)

nether quartz ore block, sphere.(for large amounts of nether quartz in sphere shaped formations. both above and under the ground.)

crystal block, crystaline formations(for crystal blocks in formations you can mine by hand, some will be underground.  note: having both crystal and glowstone crystal formations increases the chance of instability...)

lava block, deep lakes(to give you a better chance of getting obsidian blocks from your quarry.)

adding features like caves, ravines, mineshafts, and strongholds makes the world more interesting to quarry.

This age should be stable enough to work in, if not try again.  Some random feature might have been added that makes it less stable.  it's all a matter of chance, usually you'll get a good age to use, sometimes you wont.

Great, exactly what I wanted. Although I have three questions, 1) Would I just plug all these pages in when creating a book? 2) What do you mean by "glowstone formations you can mine by hand", can the quarries not mine them? and 3) Did you mean to say ocean biome twice, do I put two pages in?

Edited by Haxotic

yes, the formations can be fairly large so mining them by hand is easiest.  well, sort of.  either that or place your quarry high enough to be above them.  there are no reasons the quarry can't get them as long as you can place your quarry above them.

you would add all the pages listed there when writing your book, yes.  would give you the age your looking for.  hopefully.  might take more then one try to succeed though.

yes, you need two ocean biome pages.  otherwise you won't have any surface water other then in lakes.  having the surface covered in water just simplifies things for the quarry.

Edited by jakalth

kind of does.  other then the first two symbols, which can go in at any time in the book.  The others have to go in as groups.  for example, the biome types(ocean biome) go before the biome size(medium biomes), with nothing else between them but the other biomes.  otherwise they turn into instability.  and the block type goes before the symbol it is modifying.  but it is completely fine to have the first line be nether quarts block, crystaline formations.