Can't reach server problem

raketabefott

Hey Guys!

My friend recently bought Minecraft so we could play Tekkit together. I downloaded the Tekkit Server thingy from the main page, created the server 'n stuff all seemed to be going perfectly when I could connect to my own server.But unfortunately, it says 'Can't reach server' for my friend. We are on the same Hamachi network, he typed in my IP frankly. I tried turning off the firewall but that didn't help neither. Could you guys help me what might be the problem?

Cheers

Turning the firewall completely off is not recommended, you just need to create a port forwarding for the port used by the server (I think 25565 is default).

You also might still have a second firewall running without being aware of it, maybe the Windows built-in one.

Also, I found that using Hamachi for gaming has mixed results. With a Minecraft client hosting and another connecting, a standard internet connection should work fine. Just find out your public IP address and tell it to your friend. Hamachi is chiefly for LAN-only games that won't connect via internet in the first place.

P.S.: By the way, you should make sure that both of you are actually using the Technic Launcher, and also the same version of Tekkit. You should look up which you are using (cogwheel icon in launcher), and tell your friend to use the same. Only matching versions can play together.

Edited by Curunir

• 1 month later...

hi to everyone 

i have the same problem on the attack of the b-team server

i downloaded the AotBT server and for me personally it works

i start the launch.bat file and the server starts

but my cousin has the famous "can't reach server" thing

we tried all the things, we use hamachi, i did a port forward, i stopped the firewalls

i searched all over the internet and i couldn't find any solution

can somebody give us a solution? :D

thanks a lot :D

EDIT:

risolved the problem

Edited by flo_miron