How to: Fix Perm Gen Error on Multicraft Servers & Minecraft servers

MULTICRAFT FIX:

Alright,

So i used to own a hosting company and often people would ask "How do i fix the permgen error! Every time i use mods and bukkit plugins i get this error." Or something around that.

Well i was looking around today and there is hardly any website saying how to fix it on multicraft and ALLOT of people asking how to!

So here is how!

Firstly if your host says they cant do it tell them "Do your research, learn how to host a minecraft business." as it is very basic and you can even ask the devs of multicraft for the answer, which i have confirmed. I'm sorry if that seems a little mean thing to say but i have seen way to many people say that there support tickets don't get answered or they just say "Impossible."

How to:

So multicraft uses start up lines in the config of each jar.conf file. This can be easily edited by your host. For the hosts go to:

Root>Multicraft>Jar or just find where your multicraft file is. 

In the jar folder edit each jar.conf and where you see:

'Start=' remove all the text on that line! it may look something like this: 

command = "{JAVA}" -Xmx{MAX_MEMORY}M -Xms{START_MEMORY}M -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -jar "{JAR}" nogui

And now you removed the line it should look like this:

command =

Ok now you want to add the command line to fix the permgen error! Easy, becuase i have one ready for you:

"{JAVA}" -Xmx{MAX_MEMORY}M -Xms{START_MEMORY}M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -jar "{JAR}" nogui

Just put that infront of command = and it should work! so lastly it should look like: 

command = "{JAVA}" -Xmx{MAX_MEMORY}M -Xms{START_MEMORY}M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -jar "{JAR}" nogui

Now for the users:

So once your selected hosting business has changed this for all there jar.conf files or just one of them make sure you select the correct one they changed, Most likely it will say it somewhere on there website if they have good support but if not just ask them in a help message. 

Once you know which one has this command line simply select that jar on the main page of multicraft! then rename your current jar (lets say mcpc+, but it can be anything) and rename the mcpc+ to the jar name in the ''jar file' box.

So for me i made a Bukkit Dev.jar.conf file and did the fix in there! so i renamed my BTeam.jar to BukkitDev.jar and selected teh bukkitdev.jar in the drop down menu of the servers main page!

Its very easy! So please comment down below if it worked, i will be checking all the time to help fix other mutlicraft errors and the permgen one! 

MINECRAFT FIX:

Although it is rare to get perm gen errors on a server without plugins it can happen (Some mods use perm gen apparently :? )

So if you have a server with a start.bat or where ever your start command is this is the code you should put in:

java -server -Xms1G -Xmx12G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -jar YOURJARNAME.jar

Remember to replace the "YOURJARNAME.jar" with your actual server jar e.g. BTeam.jar & Also remember to customize the ram amount (change the -xMx12G to the MAX ram you want to use!)

Thanks! Also i will be making a video on how to fix it soon if people want that. 

www.youtube.com/BrightPrimates

If you have any questions please ask them below! :)

Edited by BrightPrimates

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...