[SOLVED] In need of help! IllegalArgumentException while parsing elements

Mulixman33

SOLVED!

Ok, Im trying to set my update for my modpack and whenever it downloads the zip into the pack folder an error window pops up saying "Error unzipping a file for the following pack: Minecraft Survivalist IllegalArgumentException while parsing next element. Please consult the modpack author." I have never gotten this error before when I set my updates and I do not know why it has been occuring. i tried to search how to fix this but the results are short. Can anyone help me with this?

Modpack Linkhttp://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/minecraft-survivalist.39381

Any helpful information is appreciated.

Edited by Mulixman33

• Discord Moderator

Millenaire has "problems" with filenames somewhere in it's path structure. Unzipping the file with WinZip or 7zip works fine, but whatever zip library is being used inside the platform doesn't like one of the files in there. I recommend re-downloading the files from the author's site and seeing if that gets you anywhere. I have gotten it to work for other folks with this problem by doing that.

Ok, i removed Millenaire from the pack and the folder unzips properly now. Thanks for the help on that. While I figure out how to have it install properly i need help on something different if you dont mind. The pack runs 54 mods but for some odd reason while playing the game drops frames massively and the entire game kills itself. Im told that some mods over-clock the game greatly, do you have any idea what is causing it in my pack???

• Discord Moderator

There are a lot of variables in this scenario. Trying to resolve them without much more information would be challenging. How much RAM does your PC have? How much RAM are you allocating in the launcher? If the ram allocation in the launcher is more than your system RAM - 2G and you are running Windows you will likely have a bad time.