My Modpack Loads Up as Vanilla

gojirafan123

I recently tried to create my first mod pack, and had a friend walk me through the process step-by-step up until the file hosting part. I found a file host (dropbox) and everything seemed fine. I got the pack to show up on my Technic Launcher, but when I play it, I have no mods whatsoever. I click on the modpack in the launcher and select "Open Folder" and checked the "mods" and "coremods" folders and they were empty. There was also a different folder in the pack that had the same name as the pack itself, and all the same folders in there, except the "mods" and "coremods" folders had the proper files in them. If anyone could help, that would be amazing! The mod pack is called Craftzilla! if anyone wants to try downloading it and see the problem for themselves.

Edited by gojirafan123

• Discord Moderator

In the future, please provide links to your pack page and/or download URL. There are often many different packs with similar names.

• A small suggestion: Do not use special characters (like an exclamation point) in your modpack archive names.
  • Your modpack archive has all the required contents in a subfolder. All of the folders and files (like config, mods, etc.) need to be at the top level of your archive.
  • Your pack page lists your pack as a Forge/MC 1.6.4 pack. However, your modpack.jar is a 1.5.2 build and not even the most recent one of that. Your modpack.jar is simply the correct version of Forge (build #965 for 1.6.4) universal binary downloaded and renamed to modpack.jar.
  • There are a number of extraneous files/folders in your bin folder. That folder should only contain modpack.jar.
  • On further inspection it looks like you might actually be making a 1.5.2 modpack. If that is the case you will need to: 1) Get the correct "latest" version of Forge for 1.5.2. 2) Change your pack settings to be a 1.5.2 pack. Having the setting incorrect will make the platform try to combine your 1.5.2 modpack.jar with a 1.6.4 minecraft.jar which won't work.
  • You should not be including the lib folder or its contents.

Alright, I need to stop debugging. Your modpack settings in the platform are set to 1.6.4. Your modpack.jar file is a 1.5.2 version of Forge/MC (albeit not up to date). You have a coremods folder with 1.5.2 core mods but don't have the corresponding mods which depend on them in your mods folder. You have a mods folder with mostly 1.6.4 mods but at least one 1.5.2 mod (iChun's BackTools for which there is a 1.6.4 version).

I assume you see how this is a little confusing. Can you provide any additional detail as to which version of Forge/MC you are trying to make a pack?

Edited by plowmanplow