Modpack doesn't load correctly!

Jonny3456

Sure, just open the ForgeModLoader client config and search for "CONFLICT" (without quotes). If there is an item from one mod overwriting an item from another mod (ignore the hunger mod conflicts in your pack) you need to look at their config files and change one to a free ID. You can dump item/block IDs using NEI, but you might need to do the 256 ID shift thing.

I can put up the server stuff, but not at the moment. On my phone right now hehe.

Ok. When will you be able to give me the link to the server files?

Again thanks. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Discord Moderator

Permissions are a whole other ballgame. Permissions are provided by using a Bukkit plugin after replacing your forge server process with MCPC+. Personally, I use PermissionsEx but there are a few alternatives. Most of them are beyond the scope of a single thread like this but here's the short of it:

• Set your server up to use MCPC+
  • Install preferred plugins (like Essentials and PermissionsEx) into the plugins folder.
  • Configure plugins

<p>

Permissions are a whole other ballgame. Permissions are provided by using a Bukkit plugin after replacing your forge server process with MCPC+. Personally, I use PermissionsEx but there are a few alternatives. Most of them are beyond the scope of a single thread like this but here's the short of it:

• Set your server up to use MCPC+
  • Install preferred plugins (like Essentials and PermissionsEx) into the plugins folder.
  • Configure plugins
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant like modpack permissions.

I need more context in order to understand the question...

Oh, wait? You mean permissions for the mods you include? This is of course only my opinion, but you can safely ignore that.

Ok. I can ignore that..? What should I put in there.(The Permissions and Licensing Tab) Nothing? I can ignore that even tho, my modpack will be public? 

• Discord Moderator

The people who don't care about modpack use of mods couldn't care less about what would be on your permissions page. The people who do care wouldn't give you permission anyway (probably) but have no sane ground to stand on (IMHO). As long as you aren't trying to pass off what are distributing as something you made when you didn't and aren't trying to make money on it no one will give a shiny rat's butt about it.

The people who don't care about modpack use of mods couldn't care less about what would be on your permissions page. The people who do care wouldn't give you permission anyway (probably) but have no sane ground to stand on (IMHO). As long as you aren't trying to pass off what are distributing as something you made when you didn't and aren't trying to make money on it no one will give a shiny rat's butt about it.

Also how do I install the Voxel Menu?

• Discord Moderator

Calclavia does not make it clear which versions of his mods work together. Since the mods are so interdependent you have to upgrade all of them at the same time to versions that work together. You might have good luck asking in the Calclavia IRC channel which versions match well.

Calclavia does not make it clear which versions of his mods work together. Since the mods are so interdependent you have to upgrade all of them at the same time to versions that work together. You might have good luck asking in the Calclavia IRC channel which versions match well.

OK I got it to work! Thank you. You should check my modpack desc. I wrote something about you helping meh.

Edited by Jonny3456

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, man. That was nice.

Hey PlowMan,

Back again!

I am having some problems.

I have Ars Magica 2 in my pack, as well as Advanced Genetics. When I look up the Adv. Gen. items in NEI it shows some of the AM2 items. (My search is @Mod.Advanced Genetics) The machines do not work either, for Adv. Gen.

What should I do?

Also, I have Minefactory Reloaded and Chisel. They are causing errors. There is a glass paine that is causing everyone to crash when they open their inventory.

Crash Report:

http://pastebin.com/FYX5A9nL

Do I need to remove MFR?

Also, when people put on power armor, they crash. 

What should I do?

Thanks

• Discord Moderator
  • It appears as if you have extracted Helicopter Mod into a subfolder in your mods folder. Don't do that. Leave the mod as the ZIP or JAR archive from the author.
  • You have item ID conflicts between: Advanced Genetics & ArsMagica2, EnergyManipulator & ICBM, Extra Cells & Helicopter Mod, Project Red & eMasher, Redstone In Motion & Mekanism, Advanced Genetics & Statues

It is vitally important to be inspecting your ForgeModLoader client log for item ID conflicts and that any conflicts which can be resolved are addressed appropriately. You have a very large numer of item ID conflicts between quite a few mods. These are likely the source of your troubles, but it is impossible to diagnose any further until they are resolved.

• Discord Moderator

I see, but it doesn't say I have conflicts when I load up the game? Is that a glitch with forge?

I will see what I can do on fixing these. How do I know which items in the mods are conflicting?

Block ID conflicts will crash the game and sometimes give you a report in IDConflicts.txt.

Item ID conflicts will just report themselves into the FML client log. This is not a glitch, it's just how things work. Look in your FML client word for the word CONFLICT. The required action should be obvious.