Modpack Error

CallsignHodor

So I recently downloaded the Technic Launcher to play MoonQuest with some friends. However, I launch the pack fine, and if it is the first time launching the pack (yes, it happens with all packs) then I can create a new world fine. I play for about a minute, the my framerate drops dead and Minecraft stops responding. I close, restart the launcher, then load up that same world. Stuck at "Downloading Terrain". I'll create a new world, and the same thing happens: stuck at "Downloading Terrain". I have tried to completely delete the installer, reinstall it, and allocate more RAM. I have no idea what is going on. Someone please help?

• Discord Moderator

It's possible to allocate too much RAM. You don't say how much RAM your PC has, but if you have 4G you wouldn't want to allocate more than 2, and maybe only 1.5. Even 1.5G is enough to run very large modpacks with mostly complete 64x texture packs.

It's possible to allocate too much RAM. You don't say how much RAM your PC has, but if you have 4G you wouldn't want to allocate more than 2, and maybe only 1.5. Even 1.5G is enough to run very large modpacks with mostly complete 64x texture packs.

I have 16GB of RAM

• Discord Moderator

Then feel free to multiply some of those numbers. However, it is possible to give the launcher/client too much RAM. Unless you have a compelling reason like the pack having 200+ mods or a very high resolution texture pack (256x+) there is no reason to set the RAM allocation over 2G and a lot of compelling reasons not to.