Modpack loads only as minecraft/wont work

HHxVortex

Heya,

I have been trying to make my own mudpack for about 2-3 days now I have followed tutorials and everything, but no matter what I do it never works, I can upload it to Technic website and stuff then give it the Dropbox download link, I can go onto the launcher and add it, but when I try play it, it will just run as normal Minecraft 1.6.4 no mods or anything. It has the mods I want in it, and its the version of MC 1.6.4 also forge which is 1.6.4. This is really starting to bug me because I have done everything all the tutorials have said. If anyone could help me I would be thankful and it would mean a lot. Here are my links please note that this mudpack is just so I can test mods not for public use.

Dropbox download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dewl73mhx0ye3ap/TestVC.zip

Platform URL: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/testvc

Thank you

• Discord Moderator
  • Your modpack.jar file in the bin folder is named "modpack.jar.jar". This is easy to do if you do not have Windows Explorer set to always show file extensions (Google how to do that).
  • Your modpack.jar file is build #953. Update to the latest build #965.
  • You have included no config files in your pack. After you get your pack working locally you should always include the config file and its contents.
  • You have included Galacticraft but not Galacticraft Planets. You probably want to add that.
  • You have included IndustrialCraft 2 Experimental with no supporting mods. I would recommend checking this post out and adding IC2Fixes at a minimum:
  • You have included NotEnoughItems but none of the plugins or addons. You probably want those.

I have done what you said, but not the NEI or the config parts as I do not know where the addons/plugins are and what I am meant to get, also same for the config file, When I load it minecraft opens but comes up with "Forge mod loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation, The mods and versions listed below could not be found, ImmibisCore:any, The file 'ForgeModLoader-client-0.log' contains more information" I have edited the mudpack.jar to say that not mudpack.jar.jar and its also updated to the latest version, I have added Galacticraft planets I have added the IC2Fixes and also some over things that I got from that link Advances solars and machines.

• Discord Moderator

NEI Plugins: https://bitbucket.org/mistaqur/nei_plugins/wiki/Home

NEI Addons: http://bdew.net/neiaddons/#downloads

NEI Mystcraft: https://copy.com/zmOBndwq8aEy?download=1 (the author's source for this seems to be expired at the moment so I rehosted)

You are getting the error about needing ImmibisCore: Any because you added Immibis' Advanced Machines and didn't add the dependency library immibis-core. You get that from the same place as Advanced Machines.

As for the config files, after you successfully launch your pack you will have a config folder with a bunch of files. You need to include this folder and its contents. In your case you are lucky and have no conflicts for IDs with the default configs. However, you still might want/need to balance ore generation, tweak power production, adjust mod interaction, etc. Always, always include config files.

Edited by plowmanplow

• Discord Moderator
  • You have "upgraded" from the correct version of IC2 for 1.6.4 to one for 1.7.2 which obviously won't work. Please reference my previous post in this thread (above here) at bullet point #5:
  • You have included the wrong version of Advanced Solars. You need the one for IC2 Experimental (3.4.7). Please reference my previous post in this thread (above here) at bullet point #5:
  • You have included Morph mod but not included the required library iChunUtil.
  • You have included QuarryPlus but not the BuildCraft mod on which it depends.
  • You have included no config files (still) in your modpack archive ZIP file.
  • You have item ID conflicts between ProjectRed and OreSpawn.

That last one requires you to edit config files to resolve the conflicts. Here are a few pointers:

• Always include all your config files from the config folder in your modpack archive ZIP file.
  • Always read up on the mods you are including directly from the mod authors. This will ensure you don't miss required mods/libraries.
  • Always include all your config files from the config folder in your modpack archive ZIP file.
  • Check to make sure that you are including mods for the correct version of Forge/MC your pack is using.
  • Build your pack methodically. Don't just toss a handful of new mods into a working pack and hope for the best. Add them individually or in logical groups so that you don't go insane trying to figure out why the 10 mods from 8 different authors you added are causing your pack to mysteriously crash.
Edited by plowmanplow

• Discord Moderator

Ok so some very stupid mistakes :/, and right this config thing I don't get how I get the files? do I load it up, and then take from %appdata% and put into my pack?

That is exactly what you do! :) As you bulid your pack the config folder wlil get config files for the mods you add. Once you are done you'll need to include the entire config folder and contents from your working "test/build" pack.

Ok thank you that's helped I have updated it and now has all the config file in it but when I try run a server with my mod pack for me and my mate this error comes up?, also it works in single player for abit and then crashes?

server crash log:

http://pastebin.com/kscNVdUX

singeplayer crashlog:

http://pastebin.com/vAfWvSTv

Edited by HHxVortex

• Discord Moderator

Those logs indicate that you have not removed all of the client only mods from your server (like REI Minimap).

• You have item ID conflicts between OreSpawn and ProjectRed (as I mentioned previously). You really, really need to fix these.
  • You need to manually add ForgeMultipart to your mods1.6.4 folder (build #250).
  • You can remove modsPortalGunSounds.pak as it needlessly bloats your download.

Mods which need to be removed from the server:

• REIMinimap

Ok thanks I have fixed these, but when I try make a single player world it says shutting down internal server, or something, and when I run my server, i can play and so can my mates, but then it will crash "our" minecraft I have the crash report on paste bin from my tecnic folder: http://pastebin.com/y09rNpBE

Edited by HHxVortex

• Discord Moderator

This is being caused by the OreSpawn mod or something intefering with that mod's entity spawning. I am not super familiar with OreSpawn but you'll want to post your crash report in their threads/support forums/etc. to get better help.

• Discord Moderator

I was going to mention that you still have item ID conflicts but all of those were from OreSpawn and I have something else to say about that.

Your crash is originating from OreSpawn. I've worked on a number of modpacks recently where OreSpawn was the culprit:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72519_a(NetClientHandler.java:956)
	at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet24MobSpawn.func_73279_a(SourceFile:87)

The only information I can find points at OreSpawn not properly handling entity spawning with their custom mobs. Now, this may be a conflict with another mod causing problems, but removing orespawn fixes the crashes in all cases I have been involved with. Even their Dev versions yield the same results.