Feedback custom modpack

Zervanic

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Discord Moderator

Those mods don't seem to be in your current modpack download. I can't help if your public pack download is not up to date.

As for the missing textures. This surprises me not at all:

• The Atum mod is in Beta
  • The most recent download link from the author is broken (and is only on the FTB forums)
  • There is at least one texture that doesn't load even when Atum is the only mod installed.

On a side note, it doesn't look like you have customized the cuttable blocks in either Immibis' or Forge microblocks config files. Might want to do that.

Edited by plowmanplow

Yes, I was running them in the MultiMC first, to see if it gave any big problems. There are some ID conflicts (according to the console in MultiMC, but they didn't appear in the IDconflict log, which is odd) with Atum and Forestry I believe, but as I said, they did not appear in the log.

How do I customize those microblocks then? I thought I set it to true to auto-detect cuttable blocks (that's all I know to be honest).

I'll update the pack with the added modpacks.

• Discord Moderator

Cuttable blocks:

1. Turn on Immibis' autodetect and start your client. It will detect blocks and then disable that setting.
  2. Start the client and test a block from every block range to make sure it cuts properly. If you see any blocks here that you DO NOT want to be cuttable make a note and remove them from Immibis' config.
  3. Test every type of block you want to be cuttable to make sure it can be cut with both Immibis and Forge. If any desired blocks are missing they need to be added to the appropriate config.
  4. Microblock settings must match between client and server (if you get that far).

Alright, apparently it was set to false. Guess it overwrote it at some point, when all the configs were edited (in wrong places probably, whatever). I set it to true and tried to 'cut' some things by placing them in a crafting table and using a saw. Of course, I couldn't cut them (yes, I placed them correctly). When I closed my modpack, suddenly the microblocks config file was enlarged to about 80kB with a lot of ID's and such. I have no idea what's going on now though.
I don't even know if I want this. I think there's already tons of microblocks, don't know if we need more.

Could you look at the ID conflicts? I'm not sure whether or not I need to solve these, because they didn't appear in the ID conflict log...

• Discord Moderator

Block ID conflicts will either cause the client to crash outright, or create a trappable crash which then creates a IDConflicts.txt file.

Item ID conflicts seldom crash and just report themselves in the ForgeModLoader client log. These are much more insidious since they may go unnoticed until your world is somewhat developed and you can't make some things because the items they depend on are uncraftable or you get odd results when crafting things.

As for the microblocks, that is totally up to you. If you don't want to make the appropriate blocks cuttable that is your call. In my opinion, a modpack isn't complete until the blocks that can be set to be cuttable are properly configured.

Edited by plowmanplow

so I'm trying to add 'dynmap' bukkit plugin to the server, but for some reason none of the versions work (1.9.4 ; 1.9.3 ; 1.9.2. ; 1.9.0)

They all give some errors and invalid stuff and especially 'plugin.yml' is not in the .jar or something...

This is the error:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34t3g9v&s=8#.U3iRZyj8RHY

Use MCPC+ or use the forge version

• Discord Moderator

Yes, if you are running a Forge based server then you need to be using the Forge version of Dynmap. I have never noticed it using an exorbitant amount of ram, but it can surely eat up disk space unless you turn off most of the renders.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to play around with some stuff and tried to recreate something I had in a different modpack.

So I tried to connect a dozen electrical engines to produce MJ's and transport them to a redstone energy cell using these redstone conduit pipes. This worked in another version of the mods and the REC had a different interfase and didn't work with this new thing 'RF'.

I can't get any sort of engine to produce MJ's that go into the REC as RF, and wonder if this is meant to be... I can't see another way to store MJ's, which would be hugely welcome.

• Discord Moderator

Thermal Expansion Redstone Energy Conduits will auto-convert to MJ for output. They WILL NOT convert from MJ on input. They only "carry" RF. If you want to transfer MJ you will either need to convert it (Portable Jim's fork of Power Converters works great) or use BC power pipes (or Mekanism Universal Cable or any number of other transport mekanisms depending on which mods you have installed).

I think I better remove Atum for now. I tried to equip some of their items, but MC freezes (no crashlog is created). I fixed the ID Conflicts.
There's still the Date missing texture too, and I guess the mod requires more time to develop decently. Can you confirm this? Or do you think something else is going on?

EDIT: more specifically, it seems the item 'Nuts' agility' (IIRC, some powerful legs), seem to cause this crash. I had them in my toolbar, rightclicked and suddenly I was also wearing them (+ the view started doing weird things.)

Here's a short vid to show what I'm talking about:

Edited by Zervanic

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried to run the server with the Dynmap plugin, which seems to work, but while loading the server, quite some 'null pointer exception' errors appear. They don't appear when Dynmap is not in the mods folder. Any harm?

2014-06-13 22:56:50 [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
2014-06-13 22:56:50 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.RegionFile.func_76706_a(RegionFile.java:273)
2014-06-13 22:56:50 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.RegionFileChunkBuffer.close(RegionFileChunkBuffer.java:23)
2014-06-13 22:56:50 [sEVERE]     at java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream.close(Unknown Source)
2014-06-13 22:56:50 [sEVERE]     at java.io.FilterOutputStream.close(Unknown Source)
2014-06-13 22:56:50 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75821_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:304)
2014-06-13 22:56:50 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75814_c(AnvilChunkLoader.java:289)
2014-06-13 22:56:50 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.storage.ThreadedFileIOBase.func_75736_b(ThreadedFileIOBase.java:39)
2014-06-13 22:56:50 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.storage.ThreadedFileIOBase.run(ThreadedFileIOBase.java:27)
2014-06-13 22:56:50 [sEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Edited by Zervanic

I use the version for MC 1.6.4 and I am using the server launcher you suggested, that mcpc++ (so I guess it's the Forge one)

I haven't really looked into the setup, I'm still 'rendering' the world as this seems to take ages.

I got it from here  (Dynmap-1.9.4-forge-9.11.1.jar )

This exceptions happen when the server first loaded. There's no crash or anything though. There's a bunch of other NullPointerExceptions that vary a little and a 'FileNotFoundException'.

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: .Beyond infinityregionr.4.2.mca (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.RegionFile.<init>(RegionFile.java:41)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.RegionFileCache.func_76550_a(RegionFileCache.java:38)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.chunkExists(AnvilChunkLoader.java:63)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServer.java:180)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:162)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:285)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:804)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72798_a(World.java:680)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at StevenDimDoors.mod_pocketDim.blocks.BlockRift.isBlockImmune(BlockRift.java:418)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at StevenDimDoors.mod_pocketDim.blocks.BlockRift.regenerateRift(BlockRift.java:257)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at StevenDimDoors.mod_pocketDim.ticking.RiftRegenerator.regenerateRiftsInLoadedWorlds(RiftRegenerator.java:50)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at StevenDimDoors.mod_pocketDim.ticking.RiftRegenerator.notifyTick(RiftRegenerator.java:29)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at StevenDimDoors.mod_pocketDim.ticking.CommonTickHandler.tickEnd(CommonTickHandler.java:59)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:274)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:813)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:659)

2014-06-13 22:56:44 [sEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)

Is that the information you need?

Edited by Zervanic

Well, that's how I ended up at the Curseforge. As you can see, the provide a direct link to that download section in the list for MC version 1.6.2-1.6.4

EDIT:

Anyway, I've stopped the server as I'm going to bed now, but I wanted to see if the rendering kept going so restarted it. The rendering was saved and keeps going, and I checked the console during the launch, no more nullpointerexceptions of any kind appeared... Weird stuff. Thanks for your fast replies as always!

Edited by Zervanic