Tekkit vs Tekkit classic..

valkuma

So does anyone here actually play Tekkit? If so, why?

Tekkit Classic is still my go-to.. I want electricity, I want building things, I like making a power grid [that doesnt rely on those FUGLY buildcraft pipes] and nuclear reactors.. the idea of actually industrializing my Minecraft world, removing nature, harvesting solar power and geothermal energy... why is all of this stuff missing from the "new and improved" tekkit?

I mean, even the Equivalent Exchange mod is just broken and unusable in the new pack.. it might as well not even be a part of the modpack.

Tekkit Classic is indeed very good. The new tekkit is missing a few features that classic provided, and offers quite a few the tekkit classic didn't have. I think both are good. Tekkit Classic was quite overpowered and unbalanced. I think the new tekkit is pretty balanced. I feel from your post that you haven't given the new tekkit a fair chance. Thermal Expansion and Applied Energistics are just amazing. EE3 is basically a minium stone right now. It is in no way a replacement for EE2 which was way too overpowered.

Anyway, both are good packs. They have their pros and cons. There are ways to automate just about anything in each. There is no need to use BC pipes for power in either pack.

I like making a power grid [that doesnt rely on those FUGLY buildcraft pipes]

Thermal Expansion's conduits look fantastic in my opinion. Might just be a matter of personal preference.

and nuclear reactors..

Big Reactors mod is your friend.

harvesting solar power and geothermal energy...

Galacticraft has solar panels, but I don't know how good they are. I've never used them myself; I hardly ever even used IC2's solar panels when that was the thing to have. As for geothermals, Thermal Expansion's got magmatic dynamos.

why is all of this stuff missing from the "new and improved" tekkit?

It isn't missing, you just have to look in the right places. 

I mean, even the Equivalent Exchange mod is just broken and unusable in the new pack

As opposed to being broken and usable.

Thermal Expansion's conduits look fantastic in my opinion. Might just be a matter of personal preference.

Big Reactors mod is your friend.

Galacticraft has solar panels, but I don't know how good they are. I've never used them myself; I hardly ever even used IC2's solar panels when that was the thing to have. As for geothermals, Thermal Expansion's got magmatic dynamos.

It isn't missing, you just have to look in the right places. 

As opposed to being broken and usable.

Do these things work together? Are machines creatable? Whats the purpose of a reactor without anything to be powered or large battery arrays?

Is there something cool to Galacticraft that Im missing? as far as I can tell its just a new "space" biome with nothing fun in it.

"Broken and Usable" sounds a LOT better than "no content unusable garbage" to me...

Do these things work together?

Yes.

Are machines creatable?

Yes.

Whats the purpose of a reactor without anything to be powered or large battery arrays?

I don't know, but that's irrelevant to Tekkit. Which has machines and energy storage.

Is there something cool to Galacticraft that Im missing? as far as I can tell its just a new "space" biome with nothing fun in it.

The moon, moon dungeons, space stations, mars, mars dungeons... I don't know what isn't cool about that.

"Broken and Usable" sounds a LOT better than "no content unusable garbage" to me...

I find playing without the option of near-universal transmutation to be more enjoyable.

big reactors is way, WAY better than any IC2 reactor will ever be.  there's tons of automation possible in tekkit. tons of ways to spend all that energy your reactors will be generating.  MFR laser drills, MFFS, large AE systems, other wacky cross mod builds.  as fun as teching EE2 hard and then being in what amounts to pseudo creative mode forever is, doing it without EE2 is also enjoyable.  you can accomplish a similar thing with quarries, laser drills, MFFS, turtles, or a compination of some/all of those.  it leads to even more complicated machinery which is, to me, the most fun part of playing tekkit.

• Moderators

Covertjaguar has expressed his wishes to not have his mod included on any Technic packs.

Same thing goes for Azanor.

You can include those mods yourself if you want

I've been looking into big reactors and must admit they are far better than the ic2 ones. I'm also liking rf as the replacement for electricity.

Really the last thing bugging me now Is that I'm literally throwing out good material from my quarry instead of recycling it. I know ee2 was overpowered but a little bit of willpower goes a long way and I only ever used it to convert all my useless items into stuff I needed then and there. That's all I really want out of EE is some kind of material recycling.

material recycling.

there's also the 250k items needed to make AE singularities in a compressor, which are used to link 2 AE systems wirelessly (and across dimensions too I believe).  deep storage units are perfect for saving all that dirt/sand/cobble/gravel to use later in making said singularities as well.  outside of that, I can't think of much in the way of recycling that exists in current tekkit.  hey, at least it's something, right?