A kind request...

MrDestrox

Question

First off all I want to say that I love playing Minecraft with the Technic pack, you've made me unable to play withouth mods installed ;).

But...

Like many others I have a pirated/cracked minecraft, not because I don't want to buy it, but because I'm unable... I have no creditcard and I'm actually not even allowed to play the full version minecraft due to my parents... If Notch or Jeb made it possible to pay by phone I'd be the first to buy.

I understand your arguments about the new launcher... It's not quite difficult to understand that it has many benefits for premium users.

This post is not ment to be offending or rude against the Technic Pack creators, as well I don't want to demand it like I'm a king...

But I want to kindly ask you to make it able to download the Technic Pack for non premium users, I have some suggestions that might be not impossible to work out:

- It might be possible to let the launcher connect to the Technic Pack forums instead of minecraft.net, that way you can block the people that have been acting like a jerk here and still keep it updated AND enabeling it for non premium users. (Block the IP adresses or something)

- Just add a file to download instead of the launcher... The premium users can still download the launcher that has many benefits and non-premium users can download the file but do not have the possibility to update...

- If you won't be using my suggestions above, I understand but you at least enable it to post the cracked launchers... That doesn't make you have more work.

Pfff... That was a hell of a long post, can you please consider it?

Sidenotes or p.s.:

-If you decide to not make it able for non premium users to play, I guess I'll have to use Amco Mod Pack... But that would break my heart as much as yours...

-I loved the 'I want to do bad things to your but' linkreplace ;D

-Sorry for bad grammar or incorrect use of words, English is not my native language.

9 answers to this question

• Forum Administrators

Hi MrDestrox.

Unfortunately this is not a debatable issue.

1. This is how it has to be done for the launcher to function. We are not going to give out Minecraft files themselves as this is against Mojang's TOS and is simply piracy. The reason you need a premium account is to get the Minecraft files from Mojang themselves. This is what allows the launcher to separate itself from the standard Minecraft install, this is what allows you to simply press a button and play. We aren't going to lock forum registration in some sort of weird attempt to try to hide the fact that we are giving out Minecraft installs, nor does requiring premium have anything to do with people being jerks or some sort of ulterior motive. It is simply because it is the only way to have the launcher function like it does.

2. We are in no way going to go out of our way to help people that don't have an actual Minecraft account. The old way we would give out Technic worked, but the new way is completely different and much (much much) easier to maintain. We'd have to abandon the launcher and go back to the old style installer, and with that lost up-to-date updates, config changes, and make it a lot more work for us.

So, to recap: The launcher makes it very easy for us to "do" the Technic pack. Its quick, easy and painless for us to push updates, to change configs, to standardize, to do a lot of things that, before the the launcher, were impossible. We are quite lazy, so we aren't going to try to maintain two separate mod packages just to placate people that didn't even buy Minecraft in the first place. We are also not going to give up the launcher for the same "we are lazy" reasons.

Even so, it's against our forums rules to discuss this so please don't. We don't object to you pirating the game or trying to use technic with your pirated game, but talking about doing so here on our forums puts us in an uncomfortable position. There is plenty of other internet to discuss that in.

We are not going to put in a load of extra work so that people who pirated the game don't have to. If you want to play the game for free, you're going to have to be willing to put in some effort.

When people ask us for this, they are really asking this: "Could you break the law for me? I don't want to have to do it myself." Does that not sound odd?