Very low FPS on tekkit lite

I'm having some very low fps readings for my tekkit lite even with the graphics set low, I don't understand why this is happening because my laptop specs are a fairly high standard, I can run Skyrim, Mw3 and battlefield 3 on full graphics without any issues what so ever but when it comes to tekkit I'm getting an average of 5-10 fps with the standard texture pack and with optifine installed. If anyone can help I would be grateful

My laptop specs are :

Proccesor : Intel® Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

RAM : 8 GB

Video card: NVIDEA GeForce GT 540M with 2 GB memory

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't call that setup standard! :P 

Have you tried installing Optifine with it? You can also use Advanced GL which helped me a ton! You will also notice higher frames in minimized or maximized mode.

If you aren't up to adding Optifine into your TekkitLite modpack.jar I have one that is pre-patched:

https://www.jaj.com/tekkitlite/modpack.jar

What....? You don't need to even touch the modpack.jar you just have to download optifine and put the jar file in the "mods" folder. Its works for me all the time! I am not sure if it works for all modpacks but I can confirm it works with tekkit lite.

• Discord Moderator

I could be mistaken, but I was sure that dropping the Optifine zip into the mods folder didn't work until later versions of Forge. If I start with a standard (reset) TekkitLite and put Optifine in my mods folder it does not register. If I put it in the modpack.jar it works as expected. You say it does work with TekkitLite. What Optifine file are you using?

• Discord Moderator

The instructions directly from the author state that up to and including 1.5.2 the contents of the Optifine distribution need to be integrated into minecraft.jar (modpack.jar for the Technic Launcher). Only starting with 1.6.2 is it a mod that can be loaded with Forge. My own experience supports these instructions. If you believe this to be in error then feel free to post detailed instructions as to your methods and I/we will do a bit of IV&V on the process.