The Promise Lands Ancient Staff Tutorial

hey guys here is my 3/5 tutorial for Attack Of The B-team 

Today i have done the ancient staff to allow you to get the the promise lands, finding the ores is the hardest part, i tell you the common places to find them and how to craft the staff

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btsnzWtrFsg&index=6&list=PLm2uVVj3pMjPj9ySBeqfprfO8CCSTJZVR

Other Tutorials

I'm disappointed this video doesn't mention the command. The command itself is /cofh killall pixie

Also, just to save some time for people wondering what other potential biomes it can spawn in, heres a list below from ftbwiki. Keep in mind this list doesnt include all the biomes in aotb but it should give you a much better idea and better range of biomes to pick from

From http://ftbwiki.org/Biomes_O%27_Plenty#Gem_Locations

Emerald: Birch Forest, Boreal Forest, Cherry Blossom Grove, Coniferous Forest, Deciduous Forest, Extreme Hills, Forest, Grove, Highland, Jade Cliffs, Maple Woods, Moor, Mountain, Redwood Forest, Seasonal Forest, Seasonal Spruce Forest, Spruce Woods, Temperate Rainforest, Thinned Timber, Timber, Woodland
Ruby: Badlands, Canyon, Canyon Ravine, Desert, Dunes, Lush Desert, Mesa, Outback, Savanna, Savanna Plateau, Scrubland, Steppe
Peridot: Chaparral, Field, Forested Field, Garden, Grassland, Heathland, Meadow, Meadow Forest, Orchard, Pasture, Pasture Meadow, Plains, Prairie, Shrubland, Thick Shrubland, Thinned Pasture
Topaz: Bamboo Forest, Jungle, Oasis, Rainforest, Tropical Rainforest, Tropics
Tanzanite: Alps, Alps Forest, Alps Mountainside, Arctic, Frost Forest, Glacier, Icy Hills, Polar, Snowy Coniferous Forest, Snowy Dead Forest, Taiga, Tundra
Malachite: Bayou, Bog, Dead Swamp, Fen, Lush Swamp, Quagmire, Sludgepit, Swampland, Wetland
Sapphire: Coral Reef, Crag, Hot Springs, Kelp Forest, Mangrove, Marsh, Sacred Springs 
Edited by Kalbintion

I'm disappointed this video doesn't mention the command. The command itself is /cofh killall pixie

ah i was actualy meant to add an annotation for that, after i recorded i googled it and found it, so now i have linked in description and gave you credit for reminding me, also added annnotation,

thanks

I've set the pixie spawn ID on our server to zero to keep them from spawning to begin with.

A cheaty-ish way of getting some of the needed gems for the staff is to use the unifier (forget which mod that is, minefactory?) which will convert the common project red gems to the rare biomes o plenty gems. Of course, you'd still need to get the couple that aren't duplicated between mods.

I've set the pixie spawn ID on our server to zero to keep them from spawning to begin with.

A cheaty-ish way of getting some of the needed gems for the staff is to use the unifier (forget which mod that is, minefactory?) which will convert the common project red gems to the rare biomes o plenty gems. Of course, you'd still need to get the couple that aren't duplicated between mods.

ahaa i was wondering if there was something that converted them :) ill try that out. anything else it works with i know there are a few items in the game like the gems?

Unifier is from the MFR and it does indeed convert the gems. But it's more fun going out to get them. Setting the pixie ID to 0 to disable them from spawning however causes a massive log spam about them trying to spawn illegally (forget what the line actually says but its essentially this) and it will disable the pixie morph and the ability to get pixie dust without cheating it in.