Patch for EE mining tools - no more griefing with them!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You asked this six times on this page. There is a reason why you are being ignored... You are too greedy.

and its not hard to say a yes or a no. a simple response of maybe or sorry no im not going todo that. last time i checked asking a question is not being greedy. but there are allot of people who could use the patches.

the patch makes it so if u have worldguard or towny the fuction wont work, antigrief tools wont be able to rollback those actions unless you know what it places those actions under. coreportect for example places nukes as #explosions even if the player lit the fuse.

I added my both seprate downloads to a single RAR:

http://valssi.fixme.fi/~viderizer/EEPatches.rar

It contains:

• [li]Destruction Catalyst[/li]
    [li]Catalytic Lense[/li]

Also adding the same disclaimer.

I will not be held responsible for any damage that occurs on your server as a result of installing this patch. If you want to check the patch for malicious code, you are free to decompile the patched classes and have a look. I'd recommend www.showmycode.com for this.

Are these 2 patches compatible with 3.0.3/4?

The morning star and indeed all patched tools should be working with both protection plugins and anti-griefing plugins. The AoE functions of the tools reports a block break event for each block affected by the AoE, so your antigrief plugin should see the function just as if the player dug out all those blocks normally.

@thomasfn

THANK YOU :)

so i noticed you have investigated into the rings and amulets, they work differently then the red and dark tools?

Here goes.

Patching tools which simply destroy blocks is easy. I create a BlockBreak event, which only cares about the block in question and the player - then I send it to bukkit.

Patching tools which place or replace blocks is hard. The BlockPlaced and BlockCanBuild event expects there to be a player who's holding an item, as well as what block they're aiming at and what side of the block they're aiming at. This is completely irrelavant for tools such as the evertide amulet, which can arbitrarily spawn water in the air. Same goes for philosophers stone - there's no event for BlockChanged or something, I'd have to pretend the player broke the sand and replaced it with grass or something. It'd get messy and break and wouldn't work right. So that's why.

It's something I could maybe do with alot of work and fiddling, but honestly why should I? It should be the task of whoever ported the mods to bukkit to do this, not me. Hence, I'm only going to patch destruction tools because they're easy (and the most... destructive, in the hands of a griefer).

Here goes.

Patching tools which simply destroy blocks is easy. I create a BlockBreak event, which only cares about the block in question and the player - then I send it to bukkit.

Patching tools which place or replace blocks is hard. The BlockPlaced and BlockCanBuild event expects there to be a player who's holding an item, as well as what block they're aiming at and what side of the block they're aiming at. This is completely irrelavant for tools such as the evertide amulet, which can arbitrarily spawn water in the air. Same goes for philosophers stone - there's no event for BlockChanged or something, I'd have to pretend the player broke the sand and replaced it with grass or something. It'd get messy and break and wouldn't work right. So that's why.

It's something I could maybe do with alot of work and fiddling, but honestly why should I? It should be the task of whoever ported the mods to bukkit to do this, not me. Hence, I'm only going to patch destruction tools because they're easy (and the most... destructive, in the hands of a griefer).

well thankyou for the explanation, i understand what you are saying and you are correct its not your job to fix it. i do thankyou for the fixes you have made and the time you put into it.

• 1 month later...

Whenever I'm in the mood to do it. It also depends on if any of the EE tools changed since the last update - if the code for the tools hasn't changed, it should be just a case of linking against the newer Tekkit jars.

Can someone try applying the patch to the 3.1.1 server and see what happens? Does it work as expected? If it doesn't, are there any server errors?

We tossed it on 3.1.1 and no exceptions on start. Haven't had time to test all the tools yet though.

Edit: Novas are logged and Picks are logged. Since we backup often, I'll live dangerously and assume it all works. Our EE is on a separate map anyway in case something gets crazy.

All of the tools were logged properly when I tested them. I did notice that the right-click functionality of the shears, hammers, and omnitools (katar and morning star) flood the events on the same block, though. About ten logs for the same block break. Shears throw it where it's not necessary, either. I got my logblock queue up to 186,000 just by holding right-click on shears in the middle of nowhere.

Patch Details

Only the server requires the patch. The targeted version of Tekkit is 3.0.4, this patch may not work for any other version. Versions 1 to 4 of the patch target 2.1.1. The client doesn't need patching, so all your players don't need to do a thing. The patched tools are listed below:

• DM/RM Axe
  • DM/RM Hammer
  • DM/RM Pickaxe
  • DM/RM Shears
  • DM/RM Shovel
  • Red Katar
  • Red Morningstar
  • Destruction Catalyst
  • Hyperkinetic Lens
  • Catalytic Lens
  • Nova Catalyst
  • Nova Cataclysm

FAQ

Will you patch [insert tool here]?????

Probably not. I'll look into it, but unless it's a simply "I DESTROY BLOCKS" tool it's unlikely to happen.

I'm not sure if it occurred to you but you missed 1 item.

Inferno Armor block destruction. (gem armor chest plate)

I would love to not have to ban this item on servers.

"Will you patch ["Inferno Armor"]?????"

"Probably not. I'll look into it, but unless it's a simply "I DESTROY BLOCKS" tool it's unlikely to happen."

It is simply "I DESTROY BLOCKS" tool.

[EDIT: The armor is obviously included in the fix because my LogBlock logged it.]