Tesseract isn't sending items

chip3clip

Make sure the chunk that contains the receiving tesseract is loaded (chunkloader,dimensional anchor). If not, the sending tesseract won't connect to the other, causing the problem you have.

Wrong pipe. I don't know if Tesseracts will even work with stone pipes. Use an Itemduct on the Tesseract end or put the Tesseract right on top of the quarry. Do note that Itemducts will not connect properly to quarries, so you either put the Tesseract right on top, use a buffer chest, or find some other pipe that is accepted by all blocks.

That's incorrect. Tesseracts will work with buildcraft pipes. I set up a 4 quarry system using 1 Tesseract 2 gold transport pipes and 2 redstone conduits all the time.

This is a top down view.

QPQ

CTC

QPQ

Q=Quarry

C=Redstone Energy Conduit

P=Gold transport pipe

T=Tesseract

Works like a charm. I'd recommend the gold pipes for speed though.

Edited by Dpierres

Wrong pipe. I don't know if Tesseracts will even work with stone pipes. Use an Itemduct on the Tesseract end or put the Tesseract right on top of the quarry. Do note that Itemducts will not connect properly to quarries, so you either put the Tesseract right on top, use a buffer chest, or find some other pipe that is accepted by all blocks.

^this

at least in version 1.2.8e Tesseracts did not accept BC pipes you had to use itemducts, or put the tesseract directly above the quarry...

I did not test the receiving end...

Edit:

@Dpierres

I'm wondering that your setup works at all, also if Tesseracts work with BC Pipes, golden pipes should be kind of dumb and don't have a specified direction, as far as I understand it the items should be able to pop out at a quarry as this shouldn't be registereed as valid receiving end...

Edited by HeatHunter

I moved my world anchor closer and still the items just pop out. Stone pipes and gold pipes always work before. I tried item-duct and the quarry won't even hook up to it. Energy and liquid work fine but the item part doesn't. I wonder if it's in the server setting. I use Mineocity Hosting

I moved my world anchor closer and still the items just pop out. Stone pipes and gold pipes always work before. I tried item-duct and the quarry won't even hook up to it. Energy and liquid work fine but the item part doesn't. I wonder if it's in the server setting. I use Mineocity Hosting

I did write that Itemducts won't connect to quarries.

Buildcraft Pipes are the most basic and ancient ones in Tekkit. Most people have stopped using them for standard setups, like quarries.

The most compatible approach with quarries is a buffer chest right on top of the quarry, which will allow you to use virtually any kind of pipe from the chest to the destination. Needs a pneumatic servo and a wrench to extract mode if using Itemducts.

^this

at least in version 1.2.8e Tesseracts did not accept BC pipes you had to use itemducts, or put the tesseract directly above the quarry...

I did not test the receiving end...

Edit:

@Dpierres

I'm wondering that your setup works at all, also if Tesseracts work with BC Pipes, golden pipes should be kind of dumb and don't have a specified direction, as far as I understand it the items should be able to pop out at a quarry as this shouldn't be registereed as valid receiving end...

I have been using this setup since 1.2.8e

Buildcraft pipes may be a bit dated but they still work just fine for what I need and are very efficient for my quarry system.

Since there's doubt, I've made a video demonstrating my setup using Gold Transport Pipes with quarries and a Tesseract.

http://youtu.be/zIzSFAk5ODo

Edited by Dpierres

BC pipes and tesseracts have issues with the BC pipes not seeing the tesseract as a valid inventory, and BC pipes not being an inventory.  Simple solution: Have the output tesseract dump strait into a chest.  The BC pipes will see the chest through the two tesseracts and no longer have issues with the input tesseract.  Recommend Iron chest minimum, possibly Gold chest, for output chest.  Also recommend using an "auto extract pipe" + Gate combo to pull items out of this dump chest if your using BC pipes on your receiving end.  Auto extract pipe with a regular gate adds the "extract" mode to the gate.  lets you set the gate to extract 64 per tick instead of just 1.

Quarry ---> BC pipe ---> input tesseract ---> output tesseract ---> chest ---> auto extract pipe with gate(set to extract 64) ---> BC pipe network.

This should easily keep up with a full speed quarry.  I have not tested it with multiple quarries running at once though.

• 2 months later...

BC pipes and tesseracts have issues with the BC pipes not seeing the tesseract as a valid inventory, and BC pipes not being an inventory.  Simple solution: Have the output tesseract dump strait into a chest.  The BC pipes will see the chest through the two tesseracts and no longer have issues with the input tesseract. 

This worked for me!!!

I had the same problem with a grinder in the nether, both tesseract were chunkloaded and were not sending items. A chest next to the receiving tesseract worked, and then i could extract items from that chest using pipes :)

Thanks a lot man, i was burning my brain for 2 days with this problem.