Curunir

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even a one-block layer of liquid will cushion your fall and negate fall damage,

unless mojang or one of the mods in tekkit changed the mechanic, a one block deep pool of water will not protect against falls past a certain height. a two deep pool of water will fully negate fall damage from any height, however.

also, if you suspend a source block in the air (using signs) with at most three air blocks below it, you'll get the same effect as a two block deep pool without the need to hop out of the pool (looks uglier, but is faster travel).

example:

3b51b9c18c.png

Edited by kattzkitti

Thanks for the addition, kattzkitti. Apparently, I never fell deep enough to reach that limit.

Excuse me, I don't understand why a quarry would be filled with water / redstone. May you elaborate on such?

To turn all lava into obsidian, which can be mined by the Quarry. You may want to have a look at my >Quarry guide for more details.

Did you know that by mousing over a fluid in the ME Fluid Terminal while NEI is open causes the lighting effect on the items in NEI to go from top lit to bottom lit?

Did you know that the ME Fluid Level Indicators are treated as solid blocks when tying to use the Hollow Stone Cover from both Immibis and Forge Microblocks?

Edited by Silmenume

Thanks for the addition, kattzkitti. Apparently, I never fell deep enough to reach that limit.

yea, it's something super high like 60 blocks or something. now that i'm thinking about it, i'll go test it since i'm curious again.

tested: the mechanic is confirmed changed. i freefall dropped from height limit (255) down to depth limit (1) into a single 1x1x1 pool of water, and took no damage.

Edited by kattzkitti

That's too cool for school!

I'd be curious to hear how you discovered that piece of trivia!!

Not sure if sarcastic. I was starved for materials and I tried, simply enough.

how do you supply it with energy AND deuterium then?

If you're rich, tesseract. If you're poor, Extra Utilities Transfer Pipes. Just plug an Energy Node and a Liquid Node in, and one pipe will supply both.

Edited by Kezr

Another thing worth noting about fusion reactors.

The electromagnets resist plasma, however, they do not do this while being moved by Redstone In Motion.

The sad reality is that you can't make a plasma burner-crawler. The electromagnets burn up when they move.

Did you know that you if want to use a BuildCraft Factory Pump to drain water from an area (like a quarry!) one must first change a setting in BuildCraft.  First go to the config directory, open the BuildCraft folder and finally open a file called main.conf.  A vanilla text editor will do.  Change the setting on the right of the equals sign from false to true.  Save the file.  >Hat Tip to bochen415!!

# set to true if the Pump should consume water
B:consumeWater=false

However, if oil is present you are in for major headaches.  For whatever reason the BCF Pump sees all oil blocks, whether source or flowing, as irremovable water source blocks which when the water level gets to the appropriate level stops the level from dropping any further until the offending oil block/s is/are removed.  The Pump that is draining water does not interact with the oil block/s and does not remove it/them like other water blocks when draining the quarry.

So to reiterate - When draining water with a BCF Pump all oil in contact with water is treated as a water source block that cannot be pumped away.  Since it seen to be acting as a water source block all the water around it acts as if this is so and thus stops the process until the oil blocks are removed or isolated.

Edited by Silmenume

As a sidenote about pumping oil/water mixtures: Using two different BC Pumps might do the trick. One with its nozzle dipped in water, the other explicitly in an Oil source block. It might even be possible to use two outlet pipes on a single Pump, but I don't know how flexible those Pumps are. An MFR Liquid Router might help as well, but probably can't do anything when the Pump stalls because of "wrong liquid".

Did you know that oil deposits underground come from Galacticraft. Not Buildcraft.

BC adds oil only to the Deserts and Ocean Biomes visible from the surface (geysers). Every other sphere shaped deposit in your quarry pit comes from Galacticraft.

Edited by bochen415

If you like crash reports you can have tons of them. Press C and F3 (in that order) while in-game for a manual debug crash.

Warning: Don't get your world corrupted.

Edited by bochen415

• 3 weeks later...

Did you know that sometimes mod interaction can save your bacon?

If you get stuck in a Mystcraft Age without a usable Linking Book, you are basically screwed. It's either finding a Star Fissure or cheating yourself out of there.

Or is it? Consider this rather ironic scene:

CRsFQwb.jpg?1

While cute, this is also useful. You'll find Dimensional Doors littered across most Ages, and while some dimensions behind them can be rather funky*, they basically allow you to go to Limbo, and back to the Overworld from there. Tested with 1.2.10.

* and I mean funky, like a lagoon with trees, or a fully-functioning Nether behind a red DDoor - no idea if that is just the work of DDoors, or if it inherited something from Mystcraft

Edited by Curunir

* and I mean funky, like a lagoon with trees, or a fully-functioning Nether behind a red DDoor - no idea if that is just the work of DDoors, or if it inherited something from Mystcraft

That'd be from DimDoors. Some of their dungeons are literally proper to make them more unique, challenging, and diverse.

did you know, you can also use galacticraft rockets to escape an age without a linking book?

This can be done in case DDoors is disabled on your server.

If you get stuck in an age without any hardware (rocket, pad, fuel and fuel loader) it will be hard to get to that technical level...

Did you know that you can have a simple automated BigReactor controller and never to worry again about the power usage?

Put two RedNet ports to a BigReactor, set one to Output:Energy amount (%) and the other to Input: Change control rods insertion for all rods.

Configure those two on the same colour and connect them with a RedNet cable.

This solution is IMHO brilliant and simple - self controlling reactor.

Edited by bochen415

Did you know that a Creative Energy Cell can work as an configurable reactor/dynamos load for testing purposes?

Build your power system, put down a Creative Energy Cell, connect it to your power system, switch outputs to inputs and set the input RF rate. It works as a real life high power resistor. This does wonders for (over)loading reactors.

Edited by bochen415