Technic Launcher launches, download fails

Blossby

Question

Several people have reported this problem ahead of me. The launcher launches, asks me permission to update Technic SSP, which I give it permission to do. It then downloads some files, stops randomly in the middle of one, sits there for 15-20 seconds and reports in the blue download bar in the Technic Launcher that Download has failed.

Any ideas? Thanks.

B

Don't do this

P.S. Windows x64 w/ multiple "clean slate" installs and attempts

7 answers to this question

Several people have reported this problem ahead of me. The launcher launches, asks me permission to update Technic SSP, which I give it permission to do. It then downloads some files, stops randomly in the middle of one, sits there for 15-20 seconds and reports in the blue download bar in the Technic Launcher that Download has failed.

Any ideas? Thanks.

B

It happens to me too I HATE IT!

Any ideas? Thanks.

B

OMG that is happening to me right now its not downloading LWJGL files and i am PIIIIIISSED at minecraft.net :P

Yeah I got some problems with java too.

I have Java7 u3 installed, and whenever I start the Technic launcher (the one the downloader has downloaded).

It starts fine, but whenever it wants to download all the files, it just stops, freezes, and after about 1 minute it says: failed to download.

This happens too with normal Minecraft (Minecraft just crashes completely), Java 7 just cannot download it completely.

Anyways, If i try to install Java 6, and launch it with java 6 (C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe), it start up Java 7! C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe.

So, after de-installing java 7, it works fine (it uses java 6). it just downloads everything without problems. after the download of all files, i re-installed Java 7 again, and played it with java 7.

So i thought: This shouldn't be this hard! so i made some scripts, and finally i came up to this:

'Start w Java6.cmd':

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx2G -Xms512M -jar technic-launcher.jar

and:

'Start w Java7.cmd':

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx2G -Xms512M -jar technic-launcher.jar

I placed these files in the .techniclauncher folder. now whenever i wanna download the Technic files again, i choose the 'Start w Java6.cmd', and whenever I just wanna play it without downloading, i choose 'Start w Java7.cmd'

PS: All versions of Java is 64 bit

I hope this will help for some of you.

So i thought: This shouldn't be this hard! so i made some scripts, and finally i came up to this:

'Start w Java6.cmd':

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx2G -Xms512M -jar technic-launcher.jar

and:

'Start w Java7.cmd':

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx2G -Xms512M -jar technic-launcher.jar

I placed these files in the .techniclauncher folder. now whenever i wanna download the Technic files again, i choose the 'Start w Java6.cmd', and whenever I just wanna play it without downloading, i choose 'Start w Java7.cmd'

This worked perfectly! Thanks a lot!! :)

Hey,

I had some private email about how to make the scripts I've wrote in the post above,

so for those who don't know how to make .bat scripts: here is a little quick tutorial.

1. Open a text-editor like Notepad.

2. Type in whatever you want to put in. remember, everything you write in to save as a .bat or .cmd will be used in the command promt when you execute it.

3. whenever you are done, press: file -> save as:

3.1 Save the name to whatever you wanna call it, but finish your name with: .bat / .cmd

3.2 Select: Save as, below the file name, to: 'All types *.*'

3.3 If you made the script to start up like another file (just like the technic-laucher.jar), make sure you save it in the same folder as the file!

4. If you want to have the file on your like desktop, just make a shortcut to it. That makes you able to change the icon as well!

5. Now you're all set!

I hope this was instructive enough.