can the Technic Team ask iChun's to include technic in his valid list for portal gun?

Block_Blazer

HI. I am trying to get permissions for my modpack. (plz don't ask why I didn't already do that) but two of my favorite mods are Portal Gun and Gravity gun. I looked for permissions for those mods on iChun's blog, and this is what i found:

9ace2956ee6c10a070866e724c06f144.png

why he didn't include Technic is confusing. I asked some people in his IRC chat, and they said Technic team never asked. so the reason im here is to ask "can you ask?" to be put on that list, so me (and others) can legally include these awesome mods in or modpacks. Thank you. :)

To be clear, having to follow permissions is debatable at best. If its a private pack just include it and everything will be fine

Yes. i know. but what I am trying to do is post a public modpack. so therefor i cannot unless I remove his mods, which i really don't want to do. but if there is no possibility's for my request, then I will have to.

The best a modder can do is ask you to take it out. Thats it.

ok, so your saying that I dont have to get permission, even though I got in trouble @minecraftforums.net for publicly releasing 'stolen content'? or do i just have to give him credit?

Yes. i know. but what I am trying to do is post a public modpack. so therefor i cannot unless I remove his mods, which i really don't want to do. but if there is no possibility's for my request, then I will have to.

You certainly can post a public pack without complete modder permission. Heck, Ultra Modded Survival on the front page of the Platform doesn't have permissions from all the modders, and it's still around and quite popular.

You certainly can post a public pack without complete modder permission. Heck, Ultra Modded Survival on the front page of the Platform doesn't have permissions from all the modders, and it's still around and quite popular.

lol. thanks dude. (if you aren't one, sorry!) i'll be sure to gather as many permissions as i can. but i guess i'll have to leave iChun out if i cant get his permission personally. :)

lol. thanks dude. (if you aren't one, sorry!) i'll be sure to gather as many permissions as i can. but i guess i'll have to leave iChun out if i cant get his permission personally. :)

If you plan to promote your pack here, you're OK, but if you'll promote it elsewhere, I'd recommend gathering complete permissions.

If you plan to promote your pack here, you're OK, but if you'll promote it elsewhere, I'd recommend gathering complete permissions.

ok.. im taking your word for this. so if i get in trouble, i'll have to show them my secret weapon (this forums post) :P